Categories: Crawling, indexing & ranking :

Can these links from Pinterest be hurting me?

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Can these links from Pinterest be hurting me? justsandy 2/3/14 5:14 PM
I've read the FAQs and searched the help center. yes

Since I still am on the 2nd page for my keyword faux painting, I checked WT and now my links are showing again. It shows hundreds of links from a site that has tons of my pictures from my site and I NEVER JOINED THEIR SITE. This is the url that is showing just some links. 

Is this hurting me with Google? I can't even write and ask all the people on that site that have their name below my pictures because I have to join first. I don't care if they post my pics, although they are copyrighted. if they link to me but can this be detrimental to show so many links? I have nothing to do with this site. It has my company name and says the pics are on my pins but I never joined. ???  Any help would sure be helpful. 

God bless,
Sandy

Re: Can these links from Pinterest be hurting me? KORPG Kevin 2/3/14 5:22 PM
Doubtful.
In fact, if they're links you haven't had a hand in creating (sounds like it) then they're actually beneficial.
Re: Can these links from Pinterest be hurting me? Free2Write 2/3/14 5:23 PM
Probably not.

Google uses over 200 measures to rank a website. 

Re: Can these links from Pinterest be hurting me? black belt 2/3/14 6:50 PM
And aren't pinterest backlinks from images nofollow? If so, it should not have any negative effect on you.

<a href="http://muralsandfauxpainting.com/faux-painting-marble.html" data-element-type="162" rel="nofollow" type="button" class="medium rounded website pinActionBarButton NavigateButton Button hasText Module ButtonBase ajax btn">      
<em></em>
<span class="buttonText">Website</span>
        </a>

Re: Can these links from Pinterest be hurting me? StevieD_Web 2/3/14 7:00 PM
all of Pinterest's links are nofollow, including links to verified sites.
Re: Can these links from Pinterest be hurting me? justsandy 2/13/14 10:48 AM
Thanks for all the answers but if it's no follow, then how does Webmaster Tools shows 127 links form various pages from Pinterest's site? Why would all these people on that site post a picture of mine, some of which are pictures that wouldn't be of interest (logo) and put their name by it? Is that site for people to post what they are interested in or something they actually did?

Re: Can these links from Pinterest be hurting me? Theresa S 2/13/14 11:08 AM
Keep in mind that Webmaster Tools shows both follow and nofollow links.. if you're concerned, you can verify the status of backlinks using a second site like Backlinkwatch.com.

Personally, I think Pinterest is starting to get a little spammy.. and I honestly don't know why someone would pin a logo, seems rather pointless (unless it's a board about cool logos!).
(unknown) 2/13/14 1:02 PM <This message has been deleted.>