Categories: Discuss Chrome : Mac :

google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain

Showing 126-327 of 327 messages
google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain butnohow 6/11/12 7:35 PM
I had google chrome for ages and this is the first day I got this box with "asking for information for key chain". The whole browser becomes completely useless. The box will not go away and I can't even quit  google properly but  have to force quit several times. I tried to restart, uninstall and reinstall, whatever I could think of but this box just make the whole browser dead and then the computer even asked if I want to "kill" my desktop files! I tried to look from other browsers and it seemed that other people also had this issue but it's not clear to me if there is any solutions. Would greatly appreciate any help!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain fireeagle 6/11/12 9:42 PM
You can drag that dialogue to the bottom of your display so that it won't block the webpage. This issue has been here for years. Why google didn't provide a solution?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Craig Long 6/11/12 10:23 PM
That has to do with Managing your website Passwords.  The passwords are stored in your keychain:
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain fireeagle 6/11/12 10:34 PM
I wish chrome could give us a option to not use keychain. It's really a pain now.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Craig Long 6/11/12 11:01 PM
Does it help to uncheck the box in front of "Offer to Save Passwords I enter on the Web" under"Passwords and Forms" in the Settings?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain butnohow 6/12/12 4:39 AM
the whole thing is frozen and becomes completely useless. I cannot do anything. It's not even able to quit itself. I have to force quit, and do it at least 3 times. it's even freezing the force quitting  function. I have never seen anything like this. It's like something is breaking my computer. At one point I got a message asking if I want to "kill" files on the desktop which has nothing to do with google so I thought this really is hurting the system so I dragged everything to trash and I am on firefox now but really would prefer to have the old chrome. I did not do anything like password or update; I have not been able to save password but just put it in every time so really I have no idea what caused this suddenly
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain butnohow 6/12/12 4:49 AM
Is there anyway I could start it all over? I had it uninstalled and put everything in trash and re-download but it's the same old.. how I can make my computer to take it as the first time without this issue? Now something is terribly wrong that the moment I go on line with chrome it's a completely frozen screen and I am unable to do anything (like suggested going to setting etc.)
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain bfiore34 6/12/12 5:54 AM
Same thing started happening to me last night.  I'm using firefox now, even though chrome is the better browser.  

I even tried to delete and re-install chrome.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain wantchrometoworkagain 6/12/12 6:11 AM
It looks like google has addressed the problem here, I just don't know how to go about accessing/installing the fix they have made.

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=108238

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain akibara 6/12/12 9:34 AM
i can't even use chrome, it won't let me open or go to new pages as long as the dialogue box is open and no matter how many time i click allow or always allow it keeps popping up. i gave up and had to force quit when it asked me if it could have access to my ip address.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain eliesbik 6/12/12 10:01 AM
Me too! The same thing started to happen last night (Monday evening), and I never had this issue before, nor did I change something in my Password settings. It keeps on asking to store the confidential information in the keychain, and no matter how much I click on Allow or Deny, it keeps on asking the same question. It freezes Google Chrome, and I cannot even do Force Quit. I guess I will be working on Safari today.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Craig Long 6/12/12 12:05 PM
Go to Wrench > About Google Chrome.  Is Chrome up to date?  
If you don't Sync do you get the problem?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain akibara 6/12/12 1:59 PM
I don't use sync and this problem still shows up, in addition the browser won't even let me click on the wrench to update as long as this dialogue box is open!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain akibara 6/12/12 2:00 PM
I'm having to use firefox right now and it sucks.

I guess if you need it i'm running os x 10.5.8 i can't get the chrome version number before it crashes otherwise i'd share that too.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain binarybhu 6/12/12 3:51 PM
i got the same thing today - i just kept clicking "always allow" (since it's just about chrome storing my website passwords in the keychain, which i think is ok) and it went through a ton of websites, but it eventually gets to the end. if you select "always allow" then the next time you start chrome you won't be prompted again.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Sie_Deen 6/12/12 3:59 PM
Hi folks,

Thanks for your reports. The Keychain messages that you are seeing is a side effect of changes that were done to certificates used to sign Chrome. As mentioned in the public issue tracker that @wantchrometoworkagain linked to, when you see these prompts, please select “Always Allow”. Once you have done this for all saved passwords, you should not be prompted again the next time you start up Chrome.
The public issue tracker also has more detail on this, if you are interested in finding out more about this issue.

We realize that this is an inconvenience if you have a lot of saved passwords. However we don't anticipate any more changes, such as this one for a very long time.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain allendurie 6/12/12 4:04 PM
I fear this is a virus, i have been using this and i had a weird page show up saying Chrome detected a virus.  I now have the same issue everyone else is having.  I am virus scanning my computer as we speak.

I have an Apple Macbook Pro , what does everyone else have?  Is this problem both a MAC and PC Problem?

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain akibara 6/12/12 4:17 PM
so the only way to fix it is to sit there and hit always allow for an hour straight?
(unknown) 6/12/12 4:22 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain bfiore34 6/12/12 4:44 PM
MacBook Pro here as well.  I'm not very keen to allow this out of the blue, especially with all the talk about the fake flash virus.  For now, I've switched back to Firefox, but will monitor the situation.  Chrome is a better product.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain lalalemon 6/12/12 7:00 PM
anyone find an answer to this??  i have mbp running lion and just started having this issue yesterday...
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain butnohow 6/12/12 7:55 PM
I took my macbook to an apple store genius bar and the guy just keeps hitting "always allow" to the end and now it's good :)
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JoeSchmo 6/13/12 5:45 AM
First of all, how about an explanation with the sudden popup window or, at the very least, a link to the "public issue tracker," which most normal people have no clue about.  Secondly, maybe I don't want to allow access to passwords??  I don't have Chrome save passwords.  Last, why is there a deny button that is useless?  

As a (former) Chrome user, I've often felt like a guinea pig for a junior high IT class.  Hasn't your teacher gotten to the too-annoying-to-use lesson yet?  Perhaps that should be moved up in the lesson plan.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Sundance121 6/13/12 7:53 AM
Me Three!!  

( I may be forced back to Safari as this is not the least bit user friendly.)

On Monday, June 11, 2012 7:35:25 PM UTC-7, butnohow wrote:
> I had google chrome for ages and this is the first day I got this box with "asking for information for key chain". The whole browser becomes completely useless. The box will not go away and I can't even quit  google properly but  have to force quit several times. I tried to restart, uninstall and reinstall, whatever I could think of but this box just make the whole browser dead and then the computer even asked if I want to "kill" my desktop files! I tried to look from other browsers and it seemed that other people also had this issue but it's not clear to me if there is any solutions. Would greatly appreciate any help!

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Sundance121 6/13/12 7:58 AM
What if I DO NOT want to share my information ??  Why can't I  "... JUST SAY NO..."  to this request?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain billchase2 6/13/12 8:41 AM
...we seriously have to click "always allow" for EVERY SAVED PASSWORD?!  You've got to be kidding me.  Doesn't Google realize how many passwords we have?  You've made Chrome completely unusable.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain MIcaEV 6/13/12 10:33 AM
Me too, it started happening two days ago and now I can only use Safari.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain mikey_p2 6/13/12 1:42 PM
This was poorly handled by Chrome developers. I cannot sit and answer "Allow Access" prompts endlessly with not end in site. I love Chrome but this was a brainfart. Please buy developers at Google a Mac and have them test this before deploying it.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JoeSchmo 6/13/12 1:49 PM
Exactly!!!  HTH could this NOT have been tested?
(unknown) 6/13/12 7:23 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain bfiore34 6/13/12 8:18 PM
Started on my MacBook Pro a few nights ago, but my MacPro was fine.  Now, all of a sudden it's doing it on the desktop as well.  Having to use Firefox on both machines at the moment.  Very annoying.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain twachner 6/14/12 11:58 AM
I've clicked always allow probably hundreds of times now. It keeps cycling through the same sites over and over again.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain lowpro 6/14/12 2:25 PM
I agree!!! There should be an explanation addressing the cause of the problem and reasons why we should allow access to passwords. In addition a way for us to opt out of whatever caused these error messages in the first place.  I use a MBP and Chrome to avoid these "Internet Explorer" like issues. Furthermore I have never allowed Chrome to save my passwords, I use  and only trust LastPass.  
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Sundance121 6/14/12 6:02 PM
I have decided to abandon CHROME all together and go back to Safari...   I really don't like the idea of CHROME using my PERSONAL info for ANY REASON and to have to continue to click click click is more than I want to put up with ....  and more than anyone should have to put up with.  One would think that with all their Bazilion BILLION TRILLION Dollars they could fix such a simple thing....   Oh well,  NOT MY PROBLEM Any more....    

Good Bye Chrome,

Sundance121

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JoeSchmo 6/14/12 6:38 PM
FYI to my fellow screwed over Chrome users.  I didn't - for the most part - save PWs and I finally just kept hitting deny until the window went away.  Didn't take too long bc I didn't have many PWs.  I am, however, so mad about this and Chrome's cavalier attitude about it, that I have switched now to Firefox.  It was easy.  I just switched over my bookmarks and I'm good to go.  Tried Safari in the meantime, but it's just horrible - constantly stalling, can't watch videos.  Really unbelievable how much time I've had to WASTE on this problem alone.  For all the money I've spent on Apple products and for all the ads that Google's shoved down my throat, this is just so very unfair.  As usual, the average consumer gets NO respect.  Also, Firefox is a nonprofit that (supposedly) cares about its customers, unlike Google and Apple who will sell their souls for money. I doubt they'll keep this post up for long, so good luck to y'all.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Sundance121 6/14/12 6:47 PM
This is good to know!   Thank you for this post.  I will also move to Firefox.  I used it for a time and so I am familiar with it.  Thanks Again Joe.  Firefox, Here I Come!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JoeSchmo 6/15/12 9:38 AM
Discovered today that you have to do it every time you log in.
(unknown) 6/15/12 12:28 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain wantchrometowork 6/15/12 12:29 PM
I went and downloaded an older version of chrome and for some reason once I had done that my previous (updated) version of chrome started working normally again.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain akibara 6/15/12 12:34 PM
that is so strange.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain tomachi 6/18/12 5:14 AM
For me, I get the box come up about 5 to 10 times and click "Always allow" in rapid succession. The box eventually goes away for a bit. It usually re-appears when I attempt to hit a new website that I need to login to.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain zam1231630 6/18/12 6:35 AM
I couldn't even reply to this on Chrome - had to switch to Firefox! I am on a Mac book Pro, and I DON'T WANT Chrome to store all my passwords all the time!

So FIX it Chrome! My daughter uses Chrome and she is not getting these messages, so obviously it is a problem , and you are not resolving it.

(unknown) 6/21/12 1:24 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain @bjerngaard 6/21/12 1:50 PM
Here's an easy work around that works for me on Mac (short version):
1. Delete the file /Users//Library/Keychains/login.keychain
2. Restart Google Chrome
3. Chrome will ask you to regenerate your keychain; accept to do this
4. Re-sync Chrome

** Fixed **

It works for me and I haven't seen any side effects but no guarantees.

A few more details:
You can delete the file by opening 'Terminal' and writing the following at the prompt:
     rm /Users//Library/Keychains/login.keychain
You should exchange with your login username on your Mac.

Re-syncing Chrome is done in Settings menu item that is found by clicking the wrench icon.

What seems to have happened in the latest update of Google Chrome is that a change in the authentication keys in Chrome makes Chrome ask you to re-approve all saved passwords in the keychain. If you have hundreds of saved passwords you don't want to be doing that. The workaround deletes the keychain and lets Chrome generate a clean one, and then syncs all your passwords from your Google account to the new clean keychain.

If you want information on this try to search for something like 'google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain'

Hope it helps.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Sundance121 6/21/12 6:28 PM
Here is an easier fix....   UNINSTALL CHROME  - - -   Open Safari ...    Problem Solved.   (I'll give this - Now you have another set of problems, but that ridiculously stupid window is GONE ! ! !
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Sie_Deen 6/22/12 12:25 PM
@tomachi, since you have already selected "Always allow" for all your keychain items, can you clarify what you see when you save the password for a new website? 
Do you only get one dialog box asking for permission to access keychain, or multiple dialogs again? If it is the latter, it sounds like an issue and we would like to look into it.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Sundance121 6/22/12 1:26 PM
The issue still exists no matter what I do.  I have resolved it by un installing Google Chrome and I have gone back to Safari.  I no longer have a problem with this issue.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain IBuser 6/22/12 3:11 PM
Sie_Deen, thank you for your response on fixing the problem. Based on this fix, I have uninstalled Chrome and will now go back to Firefox - even though I would prefer to use Chrome.

I can't believe you actually want me to waste hours of my time (yes I have many saved passwords over the years) following this advise: "...when you see these prompts, please select “Always Allow”. Once you have done this for all saved passwords..."

Please send out a public announcement when you have fixed the problem and I will come back to Chrome.

Sincerely
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Crystal A. 6/22/12 4:02 PM
Thank you Sie_Deen.  Your advice worked perfectly for me and it only took about a minute since I only had about 20 passwords saved.  I'm so happy I don't have to switch back to Safari or Firefox!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Crystal A. 6/22/12 4:02 PM
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain IBuser 6/24/12 10:59 PM
Thank you @bjerngaard Your workaround fixed the problem for me! I use LastPass so I don't need Google to keep my passwords.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain IBuser 6/24/12 11:00 PM
Sie Deen, please see @bjerngaard for a useful workaround that solves the problem.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain steve223 6/27/12 12:31 AM
Inconvenient???? I have over 1000 addresses in my keychain so good-by chrome
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain steve223 6/27/12 12:52 AM
ok it does work but unfortunately you loose every other password stored on your machine so maybe not the best option
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JoeSchmo 6/27/12 6:26 AM
I wonder if this has anything to do with anything . . .

Chrome no longer supports Mac OS X 10.5
Google Chrome on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) will stop receiving any updates following Chrome 21. This includes new features, security fixes and stability updates. If you’re not sure what OS version you’re on, go to the Apple icon on the top left corner and click About This Mac to find out. If you already have Chrome installed, you can still use Chrome, but it will no longer be auto-updated. In addition, you’ll be unable to install Chrome on any Mac still running 10.5 (which is an OS X version also no longer being updated by Apple). While we understand this is an inconvenience, we are making this change to ensure we can continue to deliver a safe, secure, and stable Chrome for the most Mac users possible.

Upgrading your Mac to 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or 10.7 (Lion) will enable us to begin automatically updating Chrome.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain fireeagle 6/28/12 10:15 AM
The side effect for this solution is that my Mail lost all the stored password. It prompts for password every time I restart it, no matter I choose "Remember this password in my keychain" or not.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Korii.roxx 7/3/12 1:47 AM
I find if I press "always allow" for each site that it pops up for, eventually it will stop and won't happen again. Seems to have just fixed it for me.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain ddore95 7/18/12 5:55 AM
I'm going to just leave Chrome running and never quit it and see if that resolves the issue until they update it.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain ddore95 7/18/12 5:57 AM
After denying each keychain item, that is.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain IBuser 7/18/12 1:28 PM
I upgraded to Snow Leopard, Chrome updated to Version 20.0.1132.57 and the requests disappeared. I am back with Chrome as my default browser.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain nc123 8/1/12 7:57 PM
But there are certain websites that I do not want to "allow" at all.  Some of them are things I no longer use or things that I don't recognize.  Every time I choose not to allow them they come back the next time I log on and I have to spend 5 minutes clicking through the same messages over and over
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Melrayne 8/3/12 8:37 AM
I have a MackBook Pro, updated from Leopard to Snow Leopard, then Lion to Mountain Lion the other day. I've updated with significant time between them (all near release dates) and today (I updated to Mountain Lion on July 28) I start getting this message. Thing is I have NEVER STORED ANY PASSWORDS. I have a huge phobia of saving anything password related (except for my wifi) on my computer. I keep hitting deny and it keeps popping up everytime I leave a site. Any site. It's really annoying. I used to always use Chrome, but I guess I'm going back to Safari ...
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Willie069 8/16/12 10:45 PM
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CLICK "ALLOW", EVER!! It is easy to turn off the automatic asking to save passwords.

If you want Google Chrome to stop asking you to allow it save your confidential information for keychains, simply click on the word "Chrome" in the top left corner of your screen, then click on "Preferences", scroll down to "show advanced settings", there will be a checked box next to "Offer to save passwords I enter on the web."  

Click on that box to uncheck it, and Google Chrome will stop asking you to allow it to save your confidential information in its keychains.  

It took me some time to find this!  The keychain BS is annoying!  

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Willie069 8/16/12 10:47 PM
Don't click "always allow" !!!    Go to Chrome>Preferences>Show advanced settings - and uncheck the box that says "Ask to save passwords I enter on the web."

Then Chrome will never ask to save your confidential information for keychains.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Willie069 8/16/12 10:50 PM
Don't ever click "Always Allow".  Poor advice.  To stop the annoying pop-ups that ask to save your confidential informaion, just click on Chrome>preferences>show advanced settings - and uncheck the box labeled "Ask to save passwords I enter on the web."  

Then the annoying popups will go way forever.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Willie069 8/16/12 10:52 PM
Chrome>preferences>scroll down to "show advanced settings> uncheck the box labeled "ask to save passwords I enter on the Web" ...

then it will forever stop popping up to ask you to save passwords...

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain unlikelyphd 8/17/12 7:10 AM
I've also noticed that after "allowing all" the https extension dissappears from facebook, so encryption is no longer running. This is not on at all!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain disappointed with google 8/17/12 1:28 PM
This feature constantly drives me nuts since it NEVER stops asking for access, since I DO NO WANT it to have keychain access... I will NEVER click "Allow" or "Always allow". You are FORCING us to let Chrome access personal data... I stopped using Chrome because of this annoying "feature". Another Google "feature" with no option to disable it.... what year is this?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Willie069 8/19/12 5:26 AM
The year is 2012, and it is really easy to stop Chrome from asking to save your info.  Just click on "Chrome" in the top left corner of your screen, go to "Preferences", scroll down to "advanced settings", and when you click on that, scroll down to a box that is labeled "Ask to save passwords i enter on the web." uncheck that box, and Chrome will stop bothering you.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Willie069 8/19/12 5:28 AM
It is really easy to turn off the automatic messages yourself.  Just click on "Chrome" in the corner of your screen, go to "Preferences", scroll down to "show advanced settings", click there; go down to the box that is labeled "Ask to save passwords I enter on the web".  Uncheck the box by clicking there.  Vuala. No more annoying popups asking to save your information.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Willie069 8/19/12 5:30 AM
It is really easy to get Chrome to stop asking to save your info.  Just go to "Chrome" in the upper left part of your screen, go to "Preferences", scroll down to "show advanced settings", find the box marked "Ask to save passwords I enter on the web."  Uncheck that box by clicking there.  Chrome will no longer bother you.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Willie069 8/19/12 5:31 AM
No, is much easier to fix than that.  Just click on "Chrome" in the upper left corner. Go to "Preferences", scroll down to "show advanced settings".  Uncheck the box marked "Ask to save passwords I enter on the web."  Problem solved.
(unknown) 8/20/12 3:02 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain mfolch 8/20/12 3:07 PM
Unfortunately, this solution does not work.  I unchecked those boxes and it's still asking to access private information on keychain.  Other solutions?  
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain hsmit530 8/21/12 2:12 PM
While this is an obvious fix to the problem I'm not sure I actually want to save the password.  On my Windows at home I can choose "never for this site" rather than either blanket allowing or temporarily denying.  Is this a Mac compatibility issue or is there a way to permanently deny a site from saving my password?  I work on a shared computer so saving it is not an option.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain KaiChanVong 9/3/12 9:35 AM
Very frustrating, I do not want to "always allow", I want to "always deny".

Until this gets fixed, I'll be on Safari.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain RXC-11 9/19/12 3:33 PM
https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/chrome/td93NVk3q2E/aD3zxya-SmwJ

Willie069's advice will help you stop making the dialog box in question appear if you don't want Chrome to keep asking you for your passwords from the keychain.

On the other hand, if you want Chrome to store them for you, follow Sie_Deen's advice.

RXC-11

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain angry google user 10/6/12 3:34 AM
QUESTION FOR 'Sie Deen'; you have advised 'when you see these prompts, please select “Always Allow” - but when I get this message, it seems to be referring to my boyfriend's e-mail id - not mine! He also uses this Mac sometimes, though I am the main user. It asks for key chain info relating to a name which is part of his Yahoo e-mail address. I have been clicking 'deny' as I am scared Google will then change all my passwords to his password - which I don't know, or otherwise confuse our info together!!

I don't know if this is related, but it seems to me that Google has tried to link together a lot of different app's & e-mail accounts, but it doesn't seem to understand that we had all these separate accounts before- all with different passwords & linked to different e-mail addresses, & some of us would  like to KEEP these separate! I have 3 e-mail accounts - all for different purposes - & I have Picasa & Youtube accounts associated with most of these - for very good reasons. Yet if I am logged into my Google mail, & then want to log into my Picasa Yahoo account; it gets totally confused & sometimes won't accept my password & I have to change it. It also seems unable to understand that two people may use the same computer, & need to log in & out frequently of two separate Google accounts. The whole thing is a mess!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Joseph Shirk 10/7/12 8:45 PM
Easier to just not use Chrome anymore.  Don't have this problem with Safari of Firefox.

Such a pain - used to use Chrome all the time - no more, tried tonight - never again until they fix it.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain huhhhh 10/17/12 8:42 PM
Thank you, Willie069. Your fix seems to work like a charm.

I just started using Chrome on my new laptop today, and was amazed this box started constantly popping up. On my old laptop, a MacBook Pro (which was just completely killed by spilled water), I used Chrome fo2 2.5 years and never once had that box pop up. I think I was on Snow Leopard OS.

Today, from the moment I installed Chrome, that stupid box popped up all the time. I'm offended by the Google staff's advice on here - to just keep clicking "Always Allow". I don't want to share all my passwords with Google. I don't trust them.

And now with Willie's easy fix, it seems there is no reason to trust Google. They should've posted this fix here from the start. Clearly they want to make sure they're gathering everyone's passwords for whatever reason.

What ever happened to their "do no evil" company motto?!

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain dolly6 11/1/12 9:42 PM
Always used chrome on my PC and loved it.  Just got a Mac and had this same issue.  Luckily there are other options out there, which I obviously took advantage of.  No sense in continuing to fight this incredibly annoying popup all day every day if we dont have to!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain whitneygordon1 11/5/12 11:20 PM
Greetings Willie069 -- Thank you for your efficient solution to my somewhat longstanding vexation in regard to Chrome "Asking Permission." Every time I turned off Chrome and then reinitiated it I faced 30 or so "Google wants...." Best regards -- Whitney Gordon
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Rrrik 11/18/12 8:03 PM
Yes, Willie069 your the man, it works!!! Google is these days just a bunch of A-holes that cant be bothered unless it involves millions of dollars... they just dont give a fuck about anybody, just have a look how shitty youtube became after they bought it... I have asked and asked and asked them about my account there, but they just dont bother to even reply, its just a buch of dicks that work for google
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Charles Brady 11/30/12 7:04 PM
ALWAYS ALLOW Google to access my confidential keychaIN PASSWORDS.. ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS.... SCREW U WITH THIS ADVICE I DONT TRUST THESE PUNKS AT GOOGLE TO ACCESS SHIT.... NEVER ALLOW BIG BROTHER TO ACCESS CRAP FOLKS
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain cody smith 12/6/12 7:02 AM
Im having the same problem its really annoying.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain frank rinaldi 12/6/12 8:10 AM
same problem and now I can't download anything from chrome either

I tried to unclick "offer to save passwords" in preferences>advanced settings but it immediately freezes the browser.

Totally sucks.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Dar J h 12/9/12 5:34 PM
Me too why they are acting like they can't read or care to help is beyond me.
They make a lot of money that I know. I just want chrome and that is not asking a lot. djh.1...@gmail.com
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Gabriel000 12/26/12 1:04 PM
I've found that holding down ESC results in "Deny" for all popups. The preferences change doesn't work for me.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Sarah Witzig 1/2/13 7:44 AM
Hello, I don't want google chrome to have my saved passwords. Whenever I go to a site with a login feature, I must click "Deny" several times. This is an aggravating issue. what are the steps to disabling Google Chrome from constantly asking me for password information that I DO NOT want to store?

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Trek Rider 1/23/13 7:16 PM
Try this.  It worked for me.

click on the customize google chrome button.  (the button to the left of the address bar that has three horizontal lines)
click on settings
then advanced settings (scroll down, there is a link on the bottom of the page)
Under passwords and forms, make sure "offer to save passwords i enter on the web" is UNchecked.

OS X 10.8.1 and chrome version 24.0.1312.56

I hope this helps.  Like I said, it did stop it from happening to me.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain zpower86 1/23/13 8:16 PM
Sie_Deen,

I don't want Chrome to be accessing Keychain for my passwords. If I want to save a password within Chrome, that is completely separate from Keychain which is a Mac app.

Is there a way to restrict Chrome from having any access to Keychain?

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Judith Monroe 2/11/13 5:26 PM
Willie069 has the right answer for me.  It worked!  I do not understand anything about keychains, but I do know I do not want Google Chrome doing anything with my personal information or passwords.  Here's Willie's solution:
"Don't click "always allow" !!!    Go to Chrome>Preferences>Show advanced settings - and uncheck the box that says "Ask to save passwords I enter on the web."
Then Chrome will never ask to save your confidential information for keychains."
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain David33409 2/12/13 9:07 AM
And what if we don't want Chrome to have access to our passwords? Why can't we have a "Always Deny" button instead of having to deal with denying a dozen popups every time I visit Amazon? This makes no sense to not have a "Always Deny" button.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain David33409 2/12/13 9:09 AM
And what about the ones you've already saved? Safari doesn't have this problem. I don't get constant popups from Safari.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain K_Funk 2/16/13 2:14 PM
fireeagle. please shoot yourself. this is the dumbest technical response i've heard in ages.
(unknown) 2/22/13 6:24 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Declan Frye 2/23/13 8:11 AM
What if we don't want Chrome to have access to these password?  How about a button that says "Never Allow"?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JoeSchmo 2/23/13 8:28 AM
I somehow successfully beat this but, unfortunately, I can't say how, bc I just kept trying different things and different combinations of things.  I know that it wasn't by using any of the supposed fixes offered in this thread alone, bc as I tried each one of them, nothing changed - but maybe a combination of them plus other things?  I, too, do not, want PWs saved.  I would suggest that you do all the fixes suggested here, plus clear your cookies, plus change your gmail account password(s), and try to find any other add'l fixes by searching outside of Google since, clearly, they don't want to address this problem.  I have a Mac, so that may make a diff?  If you have a Mac, maybe search Mac forums or post the question there.  Good luck.  It's such a colossal pain.  
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Spongebob818 2/24/13 2:41 PM
Im getting this, however I have all password saving turned off and I don't want google to save any password for me.

How do I get rid of this message without allowing chrome access

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Chi_is 2/24/13 6:30 PM
I don't my password to be save.
Please note I know about password and forms;
And both
-Enable Autofill to fill out web forms in a single click.  

-Offer to save passwords I enter on the web.  
is uncheck but is, but is still asking me for my password, every time I open a new page.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain thedug 2/26/13 6:31 AM
What if I don't want to allow chrome access to my key chain? How to I make it stop asking?
How about "NEVER ALLOW"? C'mon google.. Rarely do you disappoint, but this blows.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain huhhhh 2/26/13 6:42 AM
Update - last week, the damn box started popping up all the time again. Incredibly annoying. The fixes I did last time didn't work this time. I became very irked, and went into my keychain utility and deleted a bunch of stuff. It worked - the boxes aren't popping up anymore. But mysteriously, about the same time, my iCal stopped syncing between my MacBookAir and my iPhone.

Next time that box pops up, I'm going back to Firefox.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Jerry McIntire 2/26/13 7:36 AM
This is not an answer if I haven't saved passwords, and don't want to save passwords. What can be done to stop this appearing? Is Chrome going to disappear for lack of support?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain OhOneWS6 2/26/13 7:53 AM
Same here.  This is annoying enough that I will change browsers if a solution is not found soon.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Kevin Chiu 2/26/13 7:50 PM
Having the same issue. It's pissing me off. Google Chrome has been a let down lately.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Gratchen 2/27/13 1:05 PM
I couldn't find a solution.  After using chrome for years, I have switched to firefox for now.  In the market for a more perminate solution for my browser, but firefox seems pretty good.  I don't like being pushed around by big corporations... Google makes tons of money and it seems like they are being greedy and wanting to gather more and more information about me.  I am also keeping an eye out for an alternative e-mail provider.  I've been with gmail since you had to be invited to join (2006-present).  Like I said, the whole keychain thing made me ask some question about "why would they harass me for my private info).

I, like many others, don't want to save my keychain information.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Andrew Koop 2/28/13 8:21 AM
I found that I was only being prompted by sites that I had previously told to "never save passwords". Facebook for example was one of those sites. I went to the Keychain Access app inside of Utilities on my Mac and removed that Facebook keychain entry. After removing that, the messages have stopped. I'm guessing that doing this for other sites would work the same. Hope that helps.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain flashed 2/28/13 3:16 PM
Anyone find a solution for this yet?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Spongebob818 2/28/13 6:58 PM
I _THINK_ i have found a solution.   I noticed that the prompt only happend when I was accessing the aws.amazon.com site.  

Looking at the KeyChain there were a entry there for Amazon.com as well a Chrome -- deleted both and now I don't get a prompt.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Paul52ATL 3/1/13 5:15 AM
THANK YOU! This worked for me.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Paul52ATL 3/1/13 5:16 AM
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain TenzinDC 3/1/13 6:38 AM
I feel the same way.  I DON'T WANT TO SHARE MY INFO.  Why can't you include an option that says 'Always Deny?'  I'm very tempted to use leave Chrome and use other browsers just because of this nuisance.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Jerry McIntire 3/1/13 7:06 AM
SpongeBob and Andrew Koop, what window are you you going to in Keychain Access, and what are you deleting? I see four different keychains in the top left pane (Microsoft Intermediate Certificates; 1Password; System; System Roots. Then each of those has certificates and passwords associated with them.
Are you deleting the passwords or the certificates, or ...?

Thanks

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Andrew Koop 3/1/13 7:15 AM
Under 'Category' you can select 'All Items'. Sort by 'Kind' and you'll be able to see all 'Web form password' entries. Go ahead and delete the ones that have (passwords not saved) in the name field. Worked for me anyways.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Andrew Koop 3/1/13 7:17 AM
In my case, deleting these entries hasn't allowed passwords to begin saving, but it has stopped the annoying keychain prompt. It seems that if Chrome finds a keychain entry, it wants access to it. Without the entries, I haven't had any prompts...yet.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain allthenamesiwantedweretaken22 3/1/13 7:26 AM
mfolch is right - willie069 has given the wrong answer 20 or 30 times.

Is there a way to get around this problem? It never happened for me until recently. The fact that it always happens twice is enough to make me stop using Chrome.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Jerry McIntire 3/1/13 7:56 AM
Andrew, thanks for your reply. I must not have made my question clear. What are "these entries" you are deleting? Are you deleting the passwords, or the certificates, or something else? And, are you deleting the entries in Microsoft Int. Certificates, or in System, or...?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Jerry McIntire 3/1/13 9:53 AM
Thanks! Deleted all the passwords (I use a different password manager). So far, so good at a couple sites that brought google's request for access in the past.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain goonkle 3/2/13 12:28 AM
they need to fix this or im switching browsers.  I do not want chrome to acccess my keychain.  I do not have any passwords saved on chrome and therefore chrome doesn't need to see my keychain.  fix it or frick chrome.  this is unusable and unsustainable.  chrome just stopped being a browser.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain goonkle 3/2/13 12:34 AM
fixed it.  went to keychain access and found several "password not available" entries for 4 sites I never asked chrome to remember...?  So I deleted those entries.  No more popups.  So is this a chrome thing or a keychain thing... i understand the previous answer about certificates but i never asked chrome to remember these passwords.  so what happened?  oh well it works now woo.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain dalivision 3/2/13 1:53 PM
Why do I have to click on allow?  I never had this issue until this week Feb 25, 2013.  Now it want to use information that I don't want to provide.  I never allow passwords to be automatic.  How can this popup be stopped or have you folks just given up on this issue?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain dalivision 3/2/13 1:56 PM
Andrew, where do I find this Keychain?  I am using a mac
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Barcin Alpcigay 3/2/13 5:55 PM
I found the problem to be not with chrome but with duplicate entries for www.facebook.com on the keychain application. Remove both entries and your problem should be resolved.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Jerry McIntire 3/2/13 8:35 PM
dalivision: In Applications open the Utilities folder, find Keychain Access, then launch it. You'll see two panes on the left. You can check all of the locations in the top pane. Click on them one at a time. For each one, click on Passwords in the lower pane. Delete some or all of the Password entries, as you want. Quit Keychain Access, that should do it.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Ilene Jones 3/3/13 5:04 PM
Could you just add a button - ALWAYS DENY?  Seriously, I have the same issue and I hit DENY each time...
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain tanacotti 3/4/13 7:59 AM
Hey Google Chrome, I don't want to allow you access to my passwords. I click "deny" and it still comes back when I restart the browser. Why isn't there an "always deny" button?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain ScoutHarper 3/4/13 9:22 AM
I agree. I have no wish for Google to have access to my password. Please fix this so the annoying question doesn't pop up every time I use Chrome. My answer will always be NO, so why don't we have that option?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Mikael Yang 3/4/13 11:17 AM
same here. the popup gets really annoying.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain dalivision 3/4/13 2:15 PM
Jerry,
I found the Keychain per your instructions however, I have not found accounts.google.com.  Am I missing something or do I have to go thru all accounts that I selected not to save?  Do I delete all of those passwords?

thanks

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Jerry McIntire 3/4/13 3:05 PM
Do you use the keychain to store any passwords? If not, you can delete them all.

If you do, delete the passwords for the sites where the chrome dialog box pops up.

Hope that helps.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain dalivision 3/4/13 9:24 PM
It only pops up whenever I go to gmail and only gmail.  Yet I can't find any keychain for gmail.  Any ideas as to what to delete or look for?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain sklewl masta tate tronics 3/6/13 6:51 AM
Here is the fix - succinct and well written.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/03/04/google-chrome-wants-to-use-your-confidential-information-store-in-the-keychain/

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain blueskydaize 3/6/13 9:09 AM
Clicking "Always Allow" is not an acceptable solution in my opinion. Why should I not be able to cause this prompt to go away permanently by clicking "Deny"? It almost makes the option irrelevant. It's as if you have no choice. It's either all or nothing - Accept or continue to be annoyed by incessant pop ups.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain tanacotti 3/6/13 10:34 AM
On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:51:41 AM UTC-6, sklewl masta tate tronics wrote:
> Here is the fix - succinct and well written.
>
> http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/03/04/google-chrome-wants-to-use-your-confidential-information-store-in-the-keychain/

OH WOW!!! That worked perfectly! I don't use Safari anyway anymore so its not a problem for me deleting the passwords. Everyone, this is a good work around. Thanks sklewl!!

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain dalivision 3/6/13 3:50 PM
thanks this did the trick
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Aria Jahanshahi 3/8/13 1:34 PM
this is a serious fucking joke.  fix it
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain spork999 3/8/13 5:24 PM
That's a horrible solution.

If I tell Chrome not to manage my saved passwords, it should not be asking for auth on every page load that has a form.  I use 1Password to deal with passwords, if I turn auto-fill of user/pass info off, it should be OFF.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Frieda Reichsman 3/13/13 5:53 AM
Agree, "off"means "off". What part of "off" don't you understand, Google?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Frieda Reichsman 3/13/13 5:55 AM
Agree. "Off" means 'off". What part of "off" don't they understand?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Eric Apfel 3/18/13 4:40 PM
This problem happens for me even though I have NO saved passwords on Chrome. I don't even allow chrome to save cookies.

Although I appreciate that Google helpfully wants to remember my passwords for me. I don't have any to give. Even so, I'm not prepared to give access to that data, should I choose to use the keychain one day.

Please fix this, Google, it's extremely annoying.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Claudius2k 3/19/13 3:09 PM
It's enough annoyance to make me drop Chrome completely. I guess they feel if they annoy you enough, you will relent.  WRONG !
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain StevenCee 3/25/13 11:47 AM
I had this issue for a while as well, and fortunately, it did end eventually. However, now the problem is that it will ask me to allow it access, then after I do, it WON'T FILL IN THE PASSWORD & USERNAME!
It's quite frustrating to allow it access, yet it then does nothing with it. Sometimes it will finally fill in the info, but only after I begin to fill in the info myself. What's up with that?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain RICHARD LEVAO 3/28/13 2:56 PM
I would NEVER give Google any authorization to use any confidential information.  Given its seeming insensitivity to privacy concerns, I wouldn't be surprised that such "approval" will later be claimed to be a waiver of privacy rights.  
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JoeSchmo 3/28/13 4:05 PM
Richard, I couldn't agree more.  Plus, have y'all noticed that if you go to YouTube now, Google has you logged in under your email? No way to unlink.  Given this last straw, and the way that Google so greatly invades one's privacy, I'm opting out of Chrome forever, I refuse to visit YouTube and eventually, I'll convert out of gmail and calendar.  Google makes billions using us.  Who do they think they are?  "Do no evil"?  Yeah, right.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Yukimura Sanada 3/29/13 5:51 AM
uninstalled chrome sometimes not remove all of that data fully.

that leave some userdata at localsetting folder.

im experienced too when i downgraded my chrome Google Chrome        6.0.453.1

will causing personal profile error

simply delete user data folder will fix make chrome to rebuild new user data

if at my windows XP its at
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data

close down your chrome first, then delete that user data folder

open again chrome then chrome will build new user data based on versions

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain tronster 4/5/13 5:46 AM
Considering I have never use the saved passwords feature of Google Chrome and this just started happening a few days ago, I'd chock this (recently) to a bug.

Any chance, sometime soon, Google is going to fix this behavior for those who choose not to have their passwords managed?

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Lauren Boylston 4/5/13 5:09 PM
I am having the same NEGATIVE experience
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Tegilbor1 4/15/13 3:16 PM
I am sorry, but that fix is mindnumbingly stupid. I do NOT want to delete anything from my keychain. I should NOT have to do that. I want that stuff to be there whenever I use Safari. I just want Chrome not to access it if it can't deal with it. Clear and simple.

This bug has been there for a long time, yet Google does not seem to care about fixing it.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Eric Apfel 4/22/13 6:27 PM
My long suffering friends: this is the only solution I've found:

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/03/04/google-chrome-wants-to-use-your-confidential-information-store-in-the-keychain/

I deleted only the passwords held in safari and I never had another pop-up. You can leave the rest of the passwords and form data in the keychain.

Good luck my friends, I am unsubscribing!

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Don Willis 5/8/13 3:35 PM
After a little more searching I found https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/chrome/td93NVk3q2E%5B126-150-false%5D which pointed to this very helpful blogpost: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/03/04/google-chrome-wants-to-use-your-confidential-information-store-in-the-keychain/

In short this apparently comes from chrome trying to use the passwords that Safari has saved (or has expressly not saved?).  If you delete the records of Safari storing things in keychain then it apparently goes away.

If you want safari to use keychain and not chrome then you may have a problem.  But then, if you are happy for safari to access your keychain you may be happy for chrome to do so too.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain hepcat72 5/9/13 6:09 AM
I don't want to allow google chrome to access my keychain items that I stored there from Safari and I don't want it to ask me every time for them.  I just don't trust google.  I'd rather type in my passwords and not store them and chrome offers no option to do this.  I believe it should.  All other browsers ask me if I want them to remember a password or not.  Chrome seemed to miss the boat on this one.  I'm a reluctant Chrome user to start with and this just confirms my reluctance.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JoeSchmo 5/9/13 6:36 AM
Switch to Firefox.  I tried Safari and wasn't happy, but am liking FF a lot. 
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain hepcat72 5/9/13 9:11 AM
Good suggestion, but the reason I'm using chrome is because of an extension that has a firefox version - but is worlds better on chrome.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Adashpavel 5/19/13 2:16 AM

OMG am i reading this right - the way you make the problem go away is by 'always allowing' google access to your private information??
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Gwen Sampé 5/20/13 11:55 PM
And suppose I don't want to always allow. Suppose I don't want chrome to access my keychain, which is in fact the case. I don't want to always allow. I want it to ga away without allowing. I never want to allow. Do I not have that choice. In any case I am finfished with Chrome, I don't like to be put in a prison.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Mr. Lagrange 5/23/13 1:58 PM
I think it's interesting that @Sie_Deen voted herself as best answer when the most popular answer was actually @Sundance121 I mean honestly Sie your answer has 120+ down votes.

Google, please stop ignoring this problem and respect MY PRIVACY, what is so hard to understand about me not wanting google to access my keychain?

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Hollywood Assistant 6/6/13 12:18 AM
What if I want to sign into a website with a different email and password, and am continuously interrupted to the point where I can't even type in my other email and password without a keychain permissions box popping up? Also, what if I don't want Chrome to be able to use my keychain permissions forever? Why isn't there a "Deny Forever" button, or at least an option in the supposedly extensive settings of this program to turn on and off the keychain aspects? The whole program feels backwards, leaning towards infinite sign-ins on one computer rather than good security.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain edward horton 6/22/13 6:39 AM
this is continuing to happen and it is now June 2013!
by allowing access to my passwords i am allowing hackers easier access into my computer.
why would chrome continue this craziness?
why can't there be a one time deny all access to passwords on chrome?
always allow is something i do not want to do.
i have been using firefox and it is ok.
please fix this!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain gm29395 6/25/13 8:15 PM
I dont want to allow or ALways Allow.  How do I fix now? Answer please.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Sam Zuckerman 6/27/13 12:48 PM
I don't want my passwords saved!

On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:59:16 PM UTC-7, Sie_Deen wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>
> Thanks for your reports. The Keychain messages that you are seeing is a side effect of changes that were done to certificates used to sign Chrome. As mentioned in the public issue tracker that @wantchrometoworkagain linked to, when you see these prompts, please select “Always Allow”. Once you have done this for all saved passwords, you should not be prompted again the next time you start up Chrome.
> The public issue tracker also has more detail on this, if you are interested in finding out more about this issue.
>
>
> We realize that this is an inconvenience if you have a lot of saved passwords. However we don't anticipate any more changes, such as this one for a very long time.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Farid Silva Aboid 7/6/13 11:34 AM
This is not a solution. I don't want to authorize any browser to access to my keychain, and anytime I wish to use chrome no access a web with login form, I have 2, 3 or 4 requirements.
That is really a pain and it make me throw out chrome because of this bug.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Rainier Wolfcastle 7/12/13 10:10 AM
I just fixed my problem (but see the HUGE CAVEAT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS), but since there seem to be several different issues being conflated here, let me first describe what that problem was, and then my fix. I'm running the latest Chrome (28.0.1500.71) on Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

Every time I launched Chrome, it would ask me for permission to use my keychain entries. Dozens and dozens of keychain entries, one by one. Not passwords needed for tabs it was reopening on launch, but for all sorts of sites, some I haven't visited in forever. Every single time. This was scary and looked like I had been hacked.

I did not want to "Always Allow" for each and every one because that entirely defeats the password security of the keychain; that is insanity. I did not want to go into Preferences and tell Chrome not to save passwords for me, because I *want* Chrome to save passwords in my keychain for me; that is a useful feature.

I tried deleting the keychain entries that were marked "(password not saved)". This did nothing. So I sorted the passwords in Keychain Access by name, and I noticed that the first password Chrome asked for permission to use every time I launched Chrome was, alphabetically, immediately after a password entry called "Chrome Safe Storage".

I deleted the Keychain Access entry for "Chrome Safe Storage", relaunched Chrome, and it didn't ask me for permission to use a single keychain entry. Problem solved. Chrome Safe Storage is back in Keychain Access again, but it isn't causing any problems.

HUGE CAVEAT: Before this workaround, when I went to a site for which I had multiple password entries in my keychain, Chrome would ask me if it could use each and every one of them (but only the ones for that site). This was incredibly annoying. It doesn't do that any more, but it does still autofill passwords where it used to do so. So there is a possibility that by deleting "Chrome Safe Storage" I inadvertently did the equivalent of setting all passwords in my keychain to "Always Allow" for Chrome. I don't know, and of course since Google is the most arrogant and unresponsive company since Microsoft I won't be able to find out from them. Use this workaround at your own peril.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Rainier Wolfcastle 7/12/13 10:27 AM
The problem came back, but I think I now have a more permanent and understandable fix. Here's what happened (please read my preceding entry first for context).

I went into Chrome Preferences and saw a pink box indicating that I needed to sign in to my Google account again. When I did so, it popped up those many dozens of keychain permission requests all over again, only this time it cycled through all of them TWICE. So I did some more searching for a solution.

The problem is that Chrome wants to sync all sorts of information to your Google account. The requests for permission to access the passwords in your keychain are due to the fact that Google sees those passwords have not been synched from your local machine to the vast maw of Google.

I don't mind Google synching my bookmarks and the like to my account so I can access them from multiple devices, but I do NOT want my passwords on some server at Google, encrypted or not. And I don't want to individually deny the request for each password each time Chrome starts up.

The solution is to go into Chrome Preferences and disconnect Chrome from your Google account, quit Chrome, go into Keychain Access and delete the "Chrome Safe Storage" entry, relaunch Chrome, go into Chrome Preferences, sign in to Google BUT THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART, look for the "Advanced" link in the bottom left of the signin popup. Click "Advanced", from the pulldown say you want to choose which items to sync to your Google Account, then uncheck Passwords (and anything else you don't want to sync).

Now Chrome will sync the items you left checked, but it won't try to sync your passwords, so it won't ask for permission to access those passwords, and you're set.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain alBatla AS 8/1/13 12:48 PM
I had the same problem and I selected "always allow'
and now I'm suffering with ads on every website I open ,, and they all become slow when I open them
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain KevinSTL1 8/2/13 2:58 AM
It sure seems that way. It is re-god-damn-diculous. I us chrome for the google voice extension i can just click and call thru my computer.

However, i own a small business and i log into my customers accounts to view their work to make sure its done right and offer suggestions etc.

Every damn time i have to click this off twice. This goes on several times a day. I have 4 websites so every time i log in on my godaddy account then checking site stats.

Google is insane, they just want more info from us. Well, they are already forking over everything to the government, so what is a password or 2?!

I am sick of google.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain KevinSTL1 8/2/13 3:02 AM
Hey Suckerman,

We DO NOT WANT TO ALWAYS ALLOW! We DO NOT want to allow easier access to our passwords. We DO NOT want to expose ourselves to a hacker taking everything.

Good God Almighty, it is just as simple as adding the "Always Allow" button. Just add a "Never Allow" button.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Srah L 8/13/13 9:22 PM
I don't understand why this occurs, I logged into my personal laptop to check a work email once, and now I cannot log into Chrome without it asking to add my work email.

I want to keep my work stuff separate, why isn't there an option to ALWAYS DENY ??? ??

(unknown) 8/23/13 2:00 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JoeSchmo 8/23/13 5:25 AM
Then why, Ruben, do I not have this problem with any other browser?  Not once has any other browser I've tried come up with the same error message.  I've been using Firefox, and it's great.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Farid Silva Aboid 8/23/13 5:49 AM
I don't agree with that concept. This issue is present only with google chrome because it has no option to "deny forever" or "don't ask again" as well as in safari.
I'm using safari, firefox, opera and chrome to test my works, and this  annoying alert only disturb me when using chrome, so I don't think that OSX Keychain is responsible for that.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain KevinSTL1 8/23/13 6:07 AM
Do you work for Google? Are you the online giggle version of Jay Carney? Make Up stories to hopefully deflect the heat from Google

tuben,first of all when a piece of software is running it takes it's ques from the OS. However!! That piece of software has options on what to do with those ques.

For example, safari had the option "never for this site". Both fire Fox and my TOR browser have similar options.

Is the Window opening because of the Key chain? Maybe. But that does not mean Chrome chrome could not put 2 lines of script in its programming that will Remember the users preference.

Chrome CLEARLY has one that will remember to"always allow" that is just absolutely insane!

Moreover NO OTHER BROWSER has a blanket option like that. Always allow? There is always for this site.

Google shows itself to be a company that is info hungry. The only options they ever will have at options that will make them money. If you want to limit that info you are SOL.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain KevinSTL1 8/23/13 6:07 AM
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JeremyNelson2 8/29/13 2:25 PM
Is there any way to permanently disable the Keychain access?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Incogneeto...not 9/4/13 8:39 PM
Everything you do is in NSA's keychain now with Google, why even worry about it.  Best way is to switch to another browser... forever.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Incogneeto...not 9/4/13 8:40 PM
You do realize that with Google, you can't say no.  It needs to be forwarded to the NSA.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Ellis Krauss 9/6/13 8:58 PM
I also have gotten this message each time I use the Google Chrome browser. I do not want to give this permission. I ALWAYS deny permission and it keeps coming back. There an option to "always allow" but none to "always deny." I have found this incredibly irritating and as a result I am using Google Chrome less and less. I've already switched my default browser to Firefox which doesn't have such irritating policies and practices. If others are equally annoyed I suggest you do the same. It's an incredibly stupid policy that accomplishes nothing but irritating their customers.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain craigkharmon 10/3/13 9:12 AM
This is nice advice to someone who wants to Always Allow, however, there are some of us who want to Always Disallow.  Any advice to those who choose not make passwords immediately available.

Craig K. Harmon

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Batmensch 10/22/13 6:39 PM
"Always Allow" works until I get a new update to Chromium.  Then I have to do it all over again.  What a pain.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Buoyant Breeze 11/10/13 3:12 AM
I need Chrome/Google to stop asking me to save my password because I don't want Chrome to access my personal and confidential information.  So how do I make it stop asking me.  And why is this forced on users?!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain DontDoEvil 11/19/13 10:20 PM
Same problem here, chap. And the most interesting thing is that it asks for my keychain "confidential" information (Facebook password for example) when I'm doing a simple search using Google and not actually going to the website it asks the password...
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain mxela 11/20/13 9:44 AM
You don't understand of don't want to understand.! We don't want to "always allow" and we sure as hell are sick and tired of the God Damn repeated request!!!@!!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain craigkharmon 11/20/13 9:58 AM
Amen!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain mxela 11/27/13 8:35 PM
I finally found help with this problem here.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain -isomorph- 11/29/13 3:00 AM
doesn't do anything for me.  the only thing that fixed it (this is for vs 31.0.1650.57 btw) was that in the settings page, i simply signed out from my google account et voilà! no more pop-ups.

now let the rant begin!  seriously, after all this time why is this sh|t still happening? i had it up to here. in fact, i am so pissed i have decided to stop using gmail and all Google products altogether. today i even noticed that Safari was loading pages faster than Chrome... so... what's the incentive to stick around?  and firefox works just as well. sayonara google!
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Bob Gleason 12/4/13 8:46 PM
What if we don't want to "always allow"? As it is currently configured, the only way to use Chrome in OSX is to allow Google to access all of one's "confidential information". Rather than give in to this, the easiest solution is to use another browser. They may not be as fast, etc., but they also don't present non-choices as choices.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain mayasteph 12/7/13 12:15 PM
I don't want google chrome to put my passwords in the keychain! That is the whole point! And I don't want to have to click "deny" every five seconds either! It is so inconvenient and when I push the ? button nothing happens- it is like it is just there for show! Then I tried calling google through two numbers and all I learned was that google doesn't have live customers service. Please fix this problem or I will have to switch to another browser.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Michael Baughn 12/11/13 10:30 AM
If you are on a Mac, first tell Chrome not to save passwords in the settings menu, then open Keychain Access (hit command+space and type in Keychain Access and press Return), go to your "login" keychain on the top left side, and delete the "Internet Password" entry from the offending site(s) that show the persistent pop-up. This worked for me.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Mark Boonman 12/19/13 12:36 AM
Just quit Chrome because of this issue. I want it to give the option to always deny. This pop-up drives me to the brink of insanity.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Cary Gold 12/20/13 1:42 PM
Why should I allow google access to my password keychain? I DON'T  want them to have access to my Facebook account.

If I can't turn it off the I'll just stop using Chrome. There are plenty of other browsers you know.

DON"T CLICK ALWAYS ALLOW!!  

JUST STOP using CHROME UNTIL THEY GIVE US THE OPTION TO HAVE OUR PRIVACY BACK

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Michael Baughn 12/20/13 5:47 PM
Hold on with the paranoia there partner... It is only asking for keychain access because you operating system put an entry in the keychain on Facebook's behalf, it has nothing to do with Google.

Turn off the "Offer to Save Passwords" option in Chrome. Open Keychain Access on your Mac, go to Local Items, and delete the entries for Facebook or the sites that trigger the prompt.

If you actually want your privacy back, you should probably also stop selling your information to Facebook.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JoeSchmo 12/21/13 6:58 AM
Paranoia's quite warranted when it comes to Google.  Search the Inet for "privacy" and "google," and read all about it.  "Don't be evil" my a$$.  Look how they've ruined YouTube, as one example.  I switched to Firefox a long time ago when this issue came up, and I've been very happy.  Firefox seems like they actually have a conscience - what a concept!!  It was an easy switch.  Cary, et al, you can search the Inet for the exact steps to switch over, ex., transferring bookmarks.  I did, and I've never looked back.
P.S.  Before switching, I wasted my time trying various fixes suggested on this board, none of which worked for me.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Law len 12/21/13 10:38 AM
how to setting my privacy n deleted google+
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain JewsCantBePirats 12/22/13 12:44 PM
You have the most up votes and your question is at the bottom with no answers . . . this is the question that I am interested in as well. What if I don't want to give access to all of my confidential information?
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain david.king 12/23/13 2:46 PM
Hi everyone

Seeing as there are a lot of new questions on this thread, I thought I'd reiterate. The reason this happens is because you once used Safari which saves passwords to the Keychain, and Chrome simply sees them as a plain old “web form password”, so it requests access from the Keychain. Chrome doesn't care that you used Safari to save these passwords, it simply requests access anyway. 

This resource has been shared plenty now but explains how to resolve the issue: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/03/04/google-chrome-wants-to-use-your-confidential-information-store-in-the-keychain/

Finally, I wanted to point out that a better solution for this issue has already been started: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=178358
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain hepcat72 12/23/13 3:02 PM
This solution is fine if you never or rarely use Safari, but for those of us who use Safari as our primary browser and want Safari to save our passwords, this is not a viable solution.  The problem is that Chrome is budging in on Safari's passwords saved in Keychain Access.  Chrome has no business accessing passwords of other applications ("generic web password" or not).  If Chrome wants to use keychain access, it should mind its own business or give us the option of using or not using Safari's stored passwords.  It's simply a poor design decision.
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain david.king 12/23/13 3:19 PM
hepcat72

I completely understand that. As per the comments on that article. have you tried editing your settings for this?
  1. Open KeyChain Access
  2. Click the "Kind" column so that all of the keychain types sort
  3. Scroll until you see "web form password"
  4. Double click the item you wish to edit
  5. Select the "Access Control" tab on the resulting window (You will see Safari listed in: "Always allow access by these applications" table
  6. Click the "+" at the bottom
  7. Select "Google Chrome" in your Applications folder
  8. Click "Save Changes" on the bottom right of the box
Repeat steps 4-8 for other web form passwords. Let us know how this works for you!

More generally, I wanted to reassure you that a better solution for this issue has already been started: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=178358

Cheers
David

-- 

David King | Google TC: Chrome and Search | +DavidKing | @derpenxyne
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain hepcat72 12/23/13 4:43 PM
David,

I don't know how many passwords I have stored in KeyChain Access by Safari, but I'm guessing dozens if not hundreds. I have no doubt that what you're suggesting will stop the pop ups. The thing is that I don't trust google having access to my keychain, whether it claims to be collecting my login info or websites I visit or not. Besides, it would simply require a lot of time to do this and it's not a 1-time fix. The next time I have safari store a password, I'd have to go in and make more changes. Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't intend to spend an hour going through my large keychain database. If I'd designed software that expected its users to do that, I'd feel embarrassed and fix it ASAP. I look forward to when Chrome fixes this design flaw.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain david.king 12/24/13 4:30 AM
I absolutely agree with you -- I updated the answer above to point out that a better solution for this issue has already been started: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=178358
(unknown) 12/28/13 12:53 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain -isomorph- 12/28/13 1:02 PM
amen to that.  this GC issue is absolutely and utterly ridiculous.  on a sidenote, i find it amazing that after all these years (say, like a decade+) that HTML and CSS rendering, Javascript execution, password management to name a few are not dealt with consistently across different web browsers.

let's take Javascript as an example. why is it that some web apps execute quite differently when run by Safari, Firefox, Opera, or Chrome? why can't we by now have a standard Javascript runtime for crying out loud just like we have a standard Java runtime? why on earth is it so hard for all software vendors to agree on how to do Javascript right, or rather, ditch altogether that accursed and sorry excuse of a language?  god knows there are more complex issues in computer science that got resolved faster and with more success than this one. it's just a scandal and all users worldwide should be outraged that we are still dicking around with this inferior scripting language since netscape puked it on the world.

someone should push hard enough so we could get a mature, stable, and standard VM based on dart or a lightweight Java VM and let developers choose the language of their choice (dart, clojurescript, python, javascript if you can't break the bad habit, etc...) to code for the front-end.

soon 2014... 21st century... not the 90s anymore. time to get this stuff right once and for all.

ok, end of rant.

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Cary Gold 12/28/13 2:28 PM
You are mistaken , I never save any passwords to my keychain ever, I don't use the Facebook password to log into other sites either, but I do get an annoying and persistent request for Chrome to access my keychain.

It's not paranoia it's annoying I can't turn it off. It's a shame too because Google has a good browser. It appears Google is slowly trying to merge everything under the Google banner I had to merge my YouTube with my gmail.  That sux too!

I like Google but I want more competition not less choices, even if I have to have 100 passwords. Let me choose!

Re: google chrome wants to use your confidential information stored in...your keychain Cassie Baron 12/29/13 11:09 AM
I don't want to always allow.  I want to deny.  After I deny I want it to go away.  Does anyone know how to do this?  
More topics »