Categories: Calls and voicemail : Nexus 4 :

Nexus 4 running 4.4.4 -dialer problems

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Nexus 4 running 4.4.4 -dialer problems Lawrencemeander 7/2/14 12:49 AM
Continued trouble with dialer. To get dialer pad to appear takes 4 actions. Does anyone know of a good dialer app to replace the Google stock one? I love my Nexus 4 and Android except using it as a phone. Thanks, Lawrence
Re: Nexus 4 running 4.4.4 -dialer problems Nikos_ 7/2/14 9:42 AM
Hi,

I can think 2 actions, press phone icon and then dial pad button. What are the other 2 ? 

If you want to try a 3rd party dialer you might want to check this out, its one of the most downloaded but haven`t tried it myself.

Re: Nexus 4 running 4.4.4 -dialer problems Lawrencemeander 7/2/14 8:54 PM
Thanks for getting back. After phone and keypad,I then need to press the back button and press the keypad button a second time before the keypad appears. This is the same when initiating a call or when trying to use the keypad for other reasons. I keep hoping the updates will solve this, but it has been like this since 4.4.Also,sometimes the ringer does not sound when a call is being received. I have tried uninstalling all non Google apps, but that does not seem to help.Thanks, Lawrence  
Re: Nexus 4 running 4.4.4 -dialer problems Damian Clarkson 7/30/14 6:25 AM
Same for me, unreal that this happens on an actual google device. SO annoying
Re: Nexus 4 running 4.4.4 -dialer problems Bigs73 7/30/14 6:28 AM
Guys,

Try booting in Safe Mode and see if it's better in there.  If it is, then I recommend to find the 3rd party app causing the issue.

Regards,

Marc
Re: Nexus 4 running 4.4.4 -dialer problems Lawrencemeander 7/30/14 1:33 PM
Thanks, Marc
 I did try booting in safe mode when this first happened months ago. Also uninstalled all non Google apps. Good news, though - last week the dialer keypad started responding as it is supposed to. I did nothing to achieve this,it just suddenly started working properly.
I am a huge fan of Android and pure Android devices.I want to thank Google for finally correcting this flaw. Many of us do not make many calls anymore but it sure is nice to have a device that can actually function as a phone when needed. Hope this problem has cleared up for others as well. Thanks, forum - some pretty awesome people out there!
Re: Nexus 4 running 4.4.4 -dialer problems Bigs73 7/30/14 1:35 PM
Cool!  Thanks for updating us!  :)