Categories: Other discussions : Nexus 7 :

nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update

Showing 1-18 of 18 messages
nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Don Inbody 7/1/14 10:51 AM
Hi ever since the KitKat 4.4.4 update on my nexus 7 2013 version I have been getting random restarts at least 4 or 5 a day. Sometimes it happens when I'm web browsing with chrome, and other times it happens when I'm not even using the tablet its just sitting there and the screen will come on showing its restarted. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I thought 4.4.4 was suppose to fix the random reboots from 4.4.3?
Re: nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update blueeagle69 7/3/14 7:52 AM
I have the same problem on the 2012 model.
It's driving me nuts.
Like you said it's been happening since the 4.4.4 update.
Re: nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update drUmut 7/3/14 9:35 AM
Same reboot issues with nexus 5, at least 4 times in a day.
Re: nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Caravaner 7/6/14 6:51 PM
My Nexus 7 2013 has been doing it since the kitkat update. After I got the 4.4.4 update it went for 4 days without a reboot. I was hopeful but now it's back to same old stuff. This is such a nice tablet otherwise. It's a shame.
nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Caravaner 7/6/14 7:39 PM
Same here. There seems to be no pattern. It reboots when I'm on the web or playing a game or checking email. No predicting when. I've tried every suggestion. It reboots even in safe mode. On other forums people have told of returning them and having the same issue with the new ones. My grandson has a Tab 3 which had to have the charge port replaced 3 months ago and it's messed up again. None of them are perfect,but still.....
nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Pierre Landry 7/14/14 5:41 PM
I have 2 x N4's, 1 N5, 2xN7 v1, and 1 N7 v2. I have not experienced the random reboot issue on any device except the M7 v2. It has been extremely frustrating occuring several times a day. Like many others I was told 4.4.3 was supposed to cure this issue. It hasn't and neither has 4.4.4. What gives Google. I stuck with you and now my warranty is over.
nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Pierre Landry 7/14/14 5:41 PM
(unknown) 7/14/14 5:41 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Don Inbody 7/14/14 6:19 PM
Hi had the same problem with both 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 it would restart about 4 or more times a day. i fixed it i downloaded the developer preview of android L ive been running it for about a week and half now and i have only had my first reboot by itself yesterday. It runs much faster and battery lasts even longer than on 4.4.4. if you want to fix the problem take your nexus 7 v2 to android L its definitely worth it. ive only had an issue with one app and thats my google fiber app i cant connect to my tv boxes at all but thats a minor issue.
Re: nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Daniel_S. 7/14/14 7:02 PM
I have been having random crashes/reboots on my N7v1 since 4.3. It got better with 4.4 and worse with 4.4.4.

4.2.2b was the most stable build ever on my N7v1 (ran for about six months without rebooting or mysteriously losing WiFi connectivity until the 4.3 update came up) and I am starting to contemplate reverting it to that to see if the hardware can repeat the stability it used to have this way so I can find out if it is all 4.3/4.4's fault.
Re: nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Andrew Chitwood 7/20/14 7:22 AM
I am having the same problem.  Tried several "fixes" but nothing worked.  I am on my third Nexus 7 (2013) tablet.  All had the same "freeze and reboot" issue.  Other users seem to have constant reboot;  my reboots are a few times per day--that I know of.  I say that because I have seen my tablet reboot when it has gone to sleep and I am not using it.  I use my tablet for a number of things but mainly reading--ebooks, feedly, etc.  I can count on my tablet rebooting 1-2 times in a two hour reading session (using Play Books).  The rebooting got worse since the latest update.  No idea why.  Agree with another poster that the KitKat update around 4.2 seemed to be the most stable.  4.4.4 update had by far the worst impact on the rebooting issue.  I have removed over half the (non-Google) apps from my device and the problem persists.  The same apps were on my Nexus 4 and are presently on my Nexus 5--neither of these devices have ever had a random rebooting issue.  Although the focus of most of the suggested fixes seem to suggest third party apps, I am beginning to wonder if this is a hardware issue, or as one person noted, an overheating issue.   GooglePlay reps suggested I get another tablet as a solution, hence tablets 1 and 2.  From where I sit, this problem seems to be much more fundamental than that.  Thanks.
Re: nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Srijith G Nath 7/20/14 9:38 AM
Hi Don Inbody,

Reboot your device in safe mode and try to connect if not working you may Please go through this article " Reset your Nexus device to factory settings ".

Still if the problem exist, I suggest contacting the place where you purchased the device and inquire about a possible warranty or repair service. If you purchased the device directly from Google then please reach out to the Google Play Support Team.

Best,

Srijith G Nath

Re: nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Don Inbody 7/20/14 10:44 AM
I fixed mine restarting all the time by downloading and installing the developer preview of android L(the newest version of android coming out) now I get maybe 1 random restart a week.
Re: nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Don Inbody 7/20/14 10:46 AM
I got my nexus 7 from with my google fiber tv and internet service. And I fixed the issue by flashing the developer preview of android L. Now I get maybe 1 restart a week sometimes none
nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update WildTang3nt 8/20/14 5:14 AM
So almost 2 months and still no fix? I am severely disappointed, Google. I swear to god if my N7 reboots again in the middle of a hundred MB download I'm chucking it out the window.
nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update WildTang3nt 8/20/14 5:19 AM
BTW, I've yet to notice a reboot happen when WiFi is off. If I had to guess without investigating with a debugger I'd say the driver is probably causing a kernel panic.
nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update shishir kn 8/21/14 10:26 AM
This issue has become quite annoying. Reboots very frequently. Google should fix this issue. This is definitely problem with 4.4.4 I never faced this issue before this update.
Re: nexus 7 v2 random reboots after android 4.4.4 update Haochen Zhang 10/17/14 4:49 PM
I just start having this problem since Android L.