Categories: Other discussions : Nexus 5 :

Nexus 5 touch issues after 4.4.2 update???

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Nexus 5 touch issues after 4.4.2 update??? George Leon 12/14/13 1:22 PM

The missus installed the update to 4.4.2 yesterday & almost imediately noticed that she could not use the letter "N" or the "?" in the Google Keyboard. Even using gesture typing, trying to type a word that begins with a "N" or with the letter in it, it skips the "N" and defaults to a different letter, such as "M".

Also, upon reboot, the Nexus 5 started registering phantom touches on the PIN lockscreen & the dialer, everywhere really, So it would automatically end up in emergency dial from the lockscreen, or start calling people & rapidly start launching apps or items that were located mid-screen. Safe mode does not help. A reboot did not help. A factory reset did not help. I am downloading the factory image right now & will try to install the boot, recovery & system images via fastboot first, then using the flashall.bat. I am wondering though if anyone else had this type of issue after 4.4.2? The device is not rooted, not unlocked & is running 100% stock Nexus 5 Android.

Anyone else?
Nexus 5 touch issues after 4.4.2 update??? James Chevrier 12/14/13 7:32 PM
Having the exact issues on the 2013 Nexus 7. Its a bug affecting a lot of people,
Nexus 5 touch issues after 4.4.2 update??? George Leon 12/16/13 4:15 AM
Nah. I don't think so. After a bit of debugging I determine it was a faulty digitizer. RMA.
Nexus 5 touch issues after 4.4.2 update??? James Chevrier 12/16/13 5:57 AM
Nah bud, even another buddy who updated to 4.4.2 is having the exact issues after updating. Just spoke with him the other night.
Re: Nexus 5 touch issues after 4.4.2 update??? Anthony Saviano 1/1/14 5:50 PM
I just bought this yesterday and update to 4.4.2 and all touch has stopped working.  I reset it to factory default settings and still nothing...  bummer
Re: Nexus 5 touch issues after 4.4.2 update??? George Leon 1/4/14 3:48 PM
Are these 16Gb devices? Also, what color? Seems that white 16Gb devices are prone to issues for some reason. Mine was a bad digitizer as well.
Re: Nexus 5 touch issues after 4.4.2 update??? Iosif Cadelina 1/7/14 9:37 AM
same issue.i just bought my phone last month.lost my warranty slip.im fucked.