Categories: Playing and watching videos : Report a technical issue : Game Consoles :

YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video.

Showing 101-438 of 438 messages
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. lovemonkeysd 4/4/13 1:58 PM
I did the new update for YouTube on the Wii on April 02, 2013.  Ever since the new update, it won't play videos without stopping every 30 seconds and buffering.  This is really annoying.

Prior to the update, YouTube on the Wii worked great!  I loved it.  It would load the video entirely while it was playing, so there was no buffering.  Now it doesn't.

Please undo whatever update you just did.  This recent update added the "Pair Device" option.

However, the problem is it won't load the video, even if I put it on pause.  It will load about 30 seconds then stop loading.  I press play, am able to watch about 30 seconds of video, then it stops to buffer again.

Please tell me how I can go back to the old version.

Thank you.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. lovemonkeysd 4/4/13 2:16 PM
By the way, I deleted YouTube from my Wii on April 04, 2013 and reinstalled it.  It still has the same exact problem of stopping approximately every 30 seconds and buffering.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Kai86 4/4/13 10:26 PM
I'm having this same problem since updating Youtube yesterday, it will play about 30 sec then buffer. This must be some kind of problem with the update, I hope they fix this soon, makes youtube unwatchable.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jerry Herbster 4/6/13 6:49 AM
I'm having the same issue on both of my wii consoles.  It will play for about 15-20 seconds then buffer for about 15-20 seconds.  I thought it may be a connectivity issue but I'm not seeing the same problem with Youtube on other devices or with other streaming media.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. JasonDBrown 4/7/13 11:50 PM
This Youtube Wii update is seriously flawed. Youtube was working perfectly fine before this update and now you cannot watch more than a few seconds of any video at a time. I do not know why this has not been addressed yet, it is obviously an error with the update since several other people have this same problem. It was working fine until that came out, now youtube channel does not work at all. I wonder if it is possible to revert to older version.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. SuppliedRelic 4/9/13 3:10 PM
I have the same exact problem! Please fix this!
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. LikeItFast 4/10/13 1:39 PM
Same issue
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 4/11/13 5:51 PM
I have same problem!!! Plus , now, they are making me sit thru 15 sec advertisements!!! COME ON!! This is why they updated it. They couldnt stand it that we could enjoy you tube, advertisement free!!!I will delete this and not use it at all between buffering every 60 sec and sitting thru 15 sec commercials....no thanks YT and Nintendo!!!
FAIL: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/12/13 8:49 AM
Front loaded advertisements make me turn off and delete  products.  

This buffering problem though is a complete stopper.  YouTube is impossible to use!!!

I hope by this time Goole has figured this out!

I cannot imagine anybody using the wii for YouTube anymore.  I am now using my ancient AppleTV which even allows you to favorite videos and has no ads.

This update has nothing good about it and now works as horribly as Hulu.  

Fix it guys and let me know, because if you don't, I'll never know because I shall not waste another minute in that Wii channel!

Thanks

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jeff Troseth 4/13/13 5:39 PM
Yeah I have the same problem.  This sucks..
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. NormLegge 4/14/13 7:26 AM
I have the same problem.  YouTube streaming on the Wii was becoming my default watching experience until this bug suddenly made it unwatchable.  Waiting for that update fix guys!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. The Pilchard 4/14/13 10:21 AM
I have the same problem plus when looking at my playlists via the wii it only likes showing Vevo videos. Before this update I'm sure it was everytime a Vevo video was played the software tried to load the Vevo logo, crashed and skipped to the next, something very strange going on!!!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/15/13 12:19 PM
I found this on another board:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/youtube-wii-not-u-channel-dont-upload-or-delete-is-useless.452955043/

"Last week, there was an update to this channel in the original Wii, apparently you need a 512 kbps-capable connection or it won't work. Upon its update, the buffer fills very slowly, and when it starts to play a video, it will pause after 30 seconds or so to fill the buffer again. Before the update you could use a broadband connection as slow as 128 kbps, you can still watch them using the Internet Channel but with poor quality and no full screen. Don't upload or delete, it's very, very likely that it won't be fixed. Shame on you Google and Nintendo, if you want us to buy a WiiU, you could have just said it, I hope they are not planning to make the Wii channels or the Wii itself completely unusable."

Not cool...

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. The Pilchard 4/16/13 5:17 AM
Interesting but my connection is 5 Mb so I presume that its something else causing the buffering! It maybe that if people holding a YouTube account with public video's have selected in the settings, not to have them played in someone elses playlist? Their must be a logical reason for these problems because if you make a playlist on your PC and then try to view on the Wii some of the video's have been removed, YYYYYYY
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. tylernt 4/16/13 7:57 AM
Same problem, on 1.5Mb DSL here. YouTube plays fine on tablets, phones, and PCs using the same internet connection, it's just the Wii that's broken.

Companies wonder why people are reluctant to update their apps, well, this is why! At least give us a way to "downgrade" to the old version of your app that, you know, actually works?

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/16/13 8:18 AM
It might be time to hack my Wii.  Unlike computers, the Wii is a totally closed system.  I sure can't imagine how to even find the previous version of the "channel". I just dismissed the idea from the moment I realize YouTube screwed me.  I wonder if it can be transferred to the SD card from somebody who hasn't upgraded.  I bet not.  

Another reason to downgrade, is to not have to deal with ADVERTISEMENTS!!!  UGH!    

So I'm on my old AppleTV which hasn't updated in a LONG time, but still it lets you rate and favorite videos, something the Wii version STILL doesn't let you do.

Phooey GOOGLE!!!!!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. The Pilchard 4/16/13 10:58 AM
I tried a little test a while ago just to see what would happen!
I created a playlist which had 62 videos and then tried to play the same list on the Wii. All was well for the first few videos then an error popped up saying SME will not allow you to include this in a playlist. Also the playlist of 62 was cut down to 32 "How strange!". I guess its the setting as I mentioned before or just because the holders of the videos want you to return to boost their advert revenue but if only Google/YouTube could have a notice when the video is viewed then their would be no need to add it to a list!
I don't think the Wii allows updates from the SD card because it connects to Wii website for updates, could be wrong thou.
By the way I don't see any adverts when playing via Wii only PC!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Enob Nala 4/16/13 4:33 PM
I just did the same update and I am having the same problems. And the channel even  forced me to get the update. It wouldn't let me use it until I updated it. It is very irritating to be forced into doing something and have the result not function correctly.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. YTJennie 4/17/13 3:26 PM
Thanks for these reports.  I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with the app.  
  • Exactly when did this issue begin (if you can recall)?
  • Is this still an issue for everyone on the thread or has the experience improved since your original reports?
  • Do you see the same amount of buffering when you view an individual video as you would with a video in a playlist?
  • Does this happen with every video? If not, how long are the affected videos?
  • Any other notable observations about your experience and details about your connection / region would be appreciated.
I'll bring this feedback to the attention of the team for additional investigation. 

Jennie
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Kody McDonald 4/17/13 4:34 PM
I also have the same issue. I just got off the phone with Nintendo customer support (they were great by the way) and after going through every possible solution for the Wii, we agreed on the fact that the only plausible cause for the problem was the new channel update itself, as it comes from YouTube, not Nintendo.

To answer the questions asked by YTJennie, the buffering problem started right after the new update was installed (the old version of the channel was flawless). No improvement over the past few days. I haven't tried playing anything on a playlist yet, but every video that I've tried starts buffering around 20-30 seconds, and continues to do so throughout the entire video, everything from a 1 minute to a 40 minute video. 5Mbs Century Link DSL Wireless.

Thank you in advance for any solutions you may come up with!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Sean Wecklein 4/17/13 5:01 PM
ive got all of the same problems everyone is complaining about. i get a steady 18,mb down and 2mb up. everything else in the house works perfect. the update that forced me to delete my old version has gone to utter poop. im in florida and its atnt uverse. this worked brilliantly even at getting 2.5 at best.
i hope this is fixed soon.
i used to use youtube heavily. now its just left on for the dog...
hope to see an update soon :-) this. buffering is getting old :-)
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/17/13 9:25 PM
I have the same problem as Kody.  As soon as I downloaded the app, every video I played would play and then stop and the little spinner would start spinning for a time, then the video would continue playing.  Every video would 50% longer to watch.

Thanks YTJennie for jumping into the thread.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. lovemonkeysd 4/17/13 10:44 PM
Hi YTJennie!
+ I began this post, and the problem with it buffering every 30 seconds began on April 02, 2013, the day I updated the YouTube channel on my Wii.
+ It is still an issue, and nothing has improved, even though I've deleted the channel and reinstalled it two or three times since then.
+ The same amount of buffering occurs whether the video is individual or if it is in a playlist.
+ This happens with every video.  It doesn't matter if the video is a few minutes long or over an hour long.
+ My connection is CenturyLink DSL, up to 7 Mbps. I'm in South Dakota.

The prior YouTube channel worked flawlessly.  Please tell us all how to go back to the old version, and we'll all be happy.

Thanks!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. The Pilchard 4/18/13 9:52 AM
Hi Jennie,
Thank you very much for getting my problems with buffering & non-playable videos but this could still continue for some of the other thread followers because my location is in the UK so maybe their are differing connection set-up's. At the start of some of the videos there is a small delay of a few seconds but on the whole things seem like they are sorted. I have a wifi connection but not sure if its classed as a DSL, it via cables and not fibre optics! Download 5 Mbps Up .62 unlike in U.S.A if we live more than a few yards from a large town you get rubbish speeds.
I hope the problems get sorted for every one else as I know what a pain these problems can be!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Timothy Robinette 4/18/13 4:56 PM
Even though you are in the UK, you are using the exact same software (Wii YouTube Channel) as everyone else, and the software is where the problem is. The method by which you are connected to the internet does not matter as long as your connection is fast enough, and 5 Mbps is more than enough (the minimum required speed is 512 Kbps, so yours is nearly 10 times faster than the minimum). So, once an update fix is available from Nintendo, which will hopefully be very soon, this issue should be solved for everyone worldwide.

As for the type of internet you have, it sounds like you indeed have DSL.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Paul LaCroix 4/18/13 4:59 PM
I find the update (current as of Mid April 2013) to be just as bad if not worse.

Every video over 90 seconds starts and stops, buffering, play buffering.

It's reminiscent of Real Player on a 56k modem.  I have an average connection speed of 12mbps.

Not 4 months ago this problem was NOT the case with Youtube on the Wii.  It's gone from wonderful to unwatchable.

YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. LikeItFast 4/18/13 6:06 PM
Fixed as far as it appears on my wii
+ It seemed to have updated itself.
+ This used to happen with every video
+ my connection is through time Warner cable. 16Mb/s. Western Ny, USA.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/18/13 10:12 PM
I just tested it on my Wii.  

It took about 1 minute for YouTube to come up.  

It took another 30 seconds to select a TED Talk.  

It took another 20 seconds to start playing the TED Talk.

After three seconds of playing it started buffering for 20 seconds.  

Then again at 15 seconds it started buffering again.

Is there a newer update than the one from early April?

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Kyosji 4/19/13 5:15 AM
This is not just an issue with the Wii.  It seems that it affects tablets now as well.  Whenever they launched their new update, they did something with the feed.  I, like many others, had absolutely no problem with YouTube.  Once the latest patch came through, it started giving HORRIBLE buffering issues.  Any other streaming source I use works fine (hulu, netflix, other sites similar to YouTube).  Whatever Google did, it royally screwed up the bandwidth provided to mobile devices.  I say this for 2 reasons.  Firstly, even though we are all having these horrendous buffering issues, whenever one of YouTube's advertisements comes up, it loads super fast and fine. Secondly, YouTube works fine off of any non-mobile device.  I've tested this problem with a total of 4 DIFFERENT Nexus 7's, a Kindle fire, my friends HP tablet, and my personal and work phone.  All of them have buffer issues when connected to a WiFi connection.  My phones had an issue on WiFi, but when connected to 3G or 4G it worked fine.  Before you blame my connection, here are a few more things for you to hear out.  My personal connection at home is 30MBit up/10Mbit down.  the speedtest.net app on my devices are reading about 20Mbit/10Mbit.  That's well above what is needed to watch YouTube.  This issue also happens at 2 of my friends houses, each running similar to my bandwidth, and the issue happens at my work off of a T1 connection.

I honestly think that YouTube is allocating its bandwidth.  It's limiting what is streamed to mobile devices over high speed to give more to the people who are streaming over 3g and 4g.  That is my opinion because it seems to be the only thing that makes sense.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Daivion Hurston 4/19/13 9:28 PM
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 4/21/13 12:40 PM
That sounds logical. Mine is still un-watchable.
Cassidy King 4/21/13 4:11 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. YTJennie 4/22/13 10:06 AM
Hi all - Thanks again for your reports and patience.  Just to clarify, please confirm that you're referring to the YouTube app on the Wii and not the WiiU.

Many thanks,
Jennie
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. The Pilchard 4/22/13 11:13 AM
Hi Jennie, Yes my original problems were with Wii and have now returned (partly), sorted on 18th April but now have "SME play error" which I presume is something to do with adverts, copyright or playlists, but still strange that every video played on the 18th was OK now the above error!

Thanks for trying to sort out the problems

Dan Ferrell 4/22/13 12:03 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. lovemonkeysd 4/22/13 12:09 PM
Hi YTJennie,

It is definitely a problem with the Wii.  I do not own a WiiU.  The problem is with the YouTube app on the Wii.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/22/13 12:40 PM
Hi Jennie,

Yes YouTube app on the Wii and NOT the WiiU.

Thanks.  I hope you've managed to get the word to engineering!

James

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 4/22/13 3:11 PM
I've been having this problem, too, since I updated. The video will start and play for a 20 to 30 seconds then stop and buffer. Then it will play again for about 30 seconds then stop and buffer. I let it sit a while and was able to get a couple of minutes of playing time, then it stopped and buffered. I don't know what's going wrong. I sometimes have buffer problems on my computer, but nothing like this. What's up ?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Sean Wecklein 4/22/13 7:09 PM
hello jenny, ive got all of tbe gripes everyone else does. that update was a bad idea. its for a Wii, not Wii U. 18 mb diwn 2 up steady, Att uverse. florida.
if it passes through windsream's network/infrastructure chances are theres a bottleneck. i worked for them
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 4/22/13 7:26 PM
Any word on when or IF this issue is going to get fixed ? The youtube application worked just fine before the update. I just don't see where it has improved.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/22/13 8:45 PM
It would have been a much better update if they left off the front loading commercials and focused on a better app including favorite selection and rating and sharing but nope.  
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 4/22/13 8:46 PM
Yes , mines on the Wii. Tried it today and most videos actually played thru with no buffering!!! Dare i get my hopes up???
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. em sha 4/23/13 11:14 AM
We logged in using our wii today to watch YouTube with the kids. It told us there was an update that would make YouTube faster. Yipee! We dl'd it and not only did it not make it faster, now it won't play any videos. It just buffers. Unlike others, our videos never even start. They just go right to buffering and never load.

When I click on our own uploaded videos, we have two, they intermittently show up in our list. Most of the time we only see one. But neither will play - they just buffer. One of the videos is 28 seconds and the other is 41 seconds.

We tried to watch a video from our favorites, US Olympic Swim Team singing Call Me Maybe, we've watched this video over a hundred times. Now it states: "The Uploader has not made this video available in your country." I logged in using our desktop and the video is still available to watch, with no issues and no buffering.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. NormLegge 4/23/13 11:59 AM
Yes - for me it's the App (or actually "Channel") on Wii - not WiiU
Help would be great!
Good luck.

Also - I just checked and there is no new upgrade via Wii (as of 2013-04-23) So the new folks coming on are all installing the "Upgrade" that has killed us all.  I suggest step 1 for YouTube/wii department is to pull the promoted upgrade from the Wii store - unless, as some have suggested, you have some other agenda.

I'm hoping for the best and that Nintendo has the best interests of ALL its users in mind.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/23/13 12:40 PM
Wow, that REALLY sucks!  Seeing an useful tool become a bureucratic DRM monster without adding a single benefit and making things worse for everybody.  NOT a good thing.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. david osorio 4/23/13 12:46 PM
This happened around when the update was released
The one thing I find strange is that it will play a full album of music which is almost an hour long but can't play videos that are like six minutes
The app is missing a lot of stuff from its computer counter part but please don't add anything because that will just make it worst
And also sometimes videos refuse to play and it will just skip to the next one
PLEASE REMOVE THE DAMN ADVERTISMENTS THEY ARE POINTLESS AND SOMETIMES THEY MESS UP THE VIDEOS
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Stoshy Burchett 4/23/13 3:21 PM
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 4/23/13 8:05 PM
Nope,..tried watching it this evening, and , back to the buffering. I too have noticed that strictly music tends not to buffer, less to load i guess.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. sqwizzel 4/24/13 11:54 AM
I am so annoyed that I ran the update!  Before I ran the update I was watching Youtube perfectly every single day through my Wii... now it plays about 20 seconds, then buffers, then another 20 seconds, then buffers... NIGHTMARE.  Using a Wii (not Wii U), and it is the most recent upgrade that was promoted with a link when I opened the old app.  Wish I had never clicked it!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. TePe 4/24/13 12:43 PM
I can confirm that myself and few of my friends have exactly the same problem. Everything was absolutely fine with our Wii until this unfortunate update.
YouTube on Wii became totally unusable. It plays for about 20-30 seconds and starts buffering. I have very fast internet (fibre optic) and this is definitely not an issue. I think many Wii users would be very grateful if Google could bring previous version of YouTube for Wii back until this problem is permanently resolved.
Thanks in advance for any help Google! ;-)
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 4/24/13 4:26 PM
I second that! Lets all demand that Nintendo re-post the previous version so that the app is at least useable,...if that is the problem, then it will be obvious when we re-install the old version. Then we can know for sure.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 4/24/13 4:40 PM
Much agreed. Since this mess started, I'm lucky if one video out of ten will play properly all the way through. Sometimes, I can watch a video and it will play fine. Then, whatever amount of time later, I try to watch the same video and it keeps buffering every 30 seconds.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. FolkAndFaith 4/24/13 6:45 PM
Same thing here. I installed the update when it told that a newer or better version of YouTube was available. Every since then it has been unusable. Plays less then 10 seconds then stops to buffer for another five mins or so. Doesn't matter what video I'm playing at all as they all do it. I am using the Wii on a 12 meg / 5 meg Dsl connection wifi and no one else using my connection when I am online. Speed test.com verifies my speed consistently. It didn't happen before the update. Prior to that we spent more time watching YouTube then Netflix, now YouTube is unusable.
Kai86 4/24/13 9:47 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Kai86 4/24/13 9:59 PM
I am using the original Wii and this is still happening. I also posted in this thread at the beginning. This Started after the Wii Youtube Channel update in the beginning of April. I have been checking the Wii shop channel almost daily in hopes that a fix for this issue will become available. Youtube channel is almost unusable due to buffering every 30 seconds, please find a fix for this obvious issue!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Robert Shatka 4/25/13 8:26 AM
I am having the same issue myself. Downloaded a Youtube "update" on April 24th. It rendered Youtube unplayable after 30 seconds or so. Not sure if the update limited buffering to a certain speed or size, but its all screwed up. Google, we need an update to fix this asap. Its not my connection. 10mb should be more than enough to handle non-HD videos. Wish you guys had done more testing of an update before actually releasing one to the public.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. TePe 4/25/13 10:27 AM
Guys, does anyone know how to contact Nintendo and ask them to put the old version of YouTube back to Wii Shop until this gets resolved? Maybe we could give them a link to this discussion, so they could have a look and see that we are not making this up.
 To be honest, this is really weird. Why Google don't react? It clearly doesn't take long to send an email to Nintendo informing them about this issue. Why they don't do it?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. TePe 4/25/13 1:10 PM
Hi Guys!
I've found Nintendo's Customer Support email address here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Contact/Contact-621598.html

I've also sent an email to them. My English isn't great, but I'm sure they will understand what I meant ;-)

This is what I've sent to them:

Good evening,
I was wondering if you could kindly help, please?
I'm sending this email on behalf of all users of original Wii who recently updated YouTube channel through Wii Shop.
Many users are complaining that YouTube after this update became totally unusable. It plays for approx 10-30 seconds and starts buffering. There were no problems prior to installing this update and it has already been established that this is not related to an internet connection speed.
This has been also brought to the attention of Google, but no fix has been provided as yet.
Would it be possible to remove new update from Wii Shop and bring the old version back until this issue gets resolved by Google, please?
Please note that it has been over 20 days without any update, therefore I believe that many Wii users would be extremely grateful if Nintendo could help in this matter.
If you wish to see more details about this issue, please refer to the thread on Google technical forum where this issue was originally reported and discussed.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/youtube/g1Eqi6v2as0

Thank you very much for your help and support.
Kind regards Tom P.

Wish me luck! :-)

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. YTJennie 4/25/13 2:35 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your patience.  The team is aware of the issue and is actively investigating the cause.  I'll provide updates on this thread as they become available.

(unknown) 4/26/13 8:35 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. TePe 4/26/13 8:36 AM
Thank you very much YTJennie!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. NormLegge 4/26/13 4:15 PM
Hi YTJennie.
The "Update" is still available on the Wii store and the description says nothing of the problem. This means you have potential new dissatisfied customers everyday.  No change in the buffering problem.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 4/26/13 4:43 PM
It's not much better, but it doesn't seem to buffer as much as it did before. It used to be that the video would play but it would be loading in far more than it was actually playing, so it wouldn't buffer unless you fast forwarded. But now, you're lucky if you see ANY white as the video loads in. The last couple of days, I've been lucky that it hasn't needed to buffer unless, as I said, you have to skip ahead. I would still like someone that actually knows what they're doing to make a youtube application that loads in quickly so you can rewind or fastforward without worrying about buffering.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. em sha 4/26/13 5:38 PM
Why can't you give us access to the old version? Keep them both available. This is ridiculous. I just want the version that works. What does "actively investigating" mean? We haven't had one update to this thread that's told us what's actually being done, you know "as they become available". Has the team been able to duplicate the problem? Are we just a very small nuisance number of people with a problem or is this affecting a larger population?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. TePe 4/27/13 9:45 AM
Guys! I've received an email from Nintendo. They promised to look into this problem as well. Hopefully Google and Nintendo will soon come up with something:

Dear Tom,
Thank you for your email.
Firstly we would like to apologise for the issues you have experienced with the Youtube app, it is certainly not our intention to disappoint any of our loyal customers.
We are currently looking into this situation and will hopefully have this resolved as soon as possible. In the mean time we greatly appreciate your patience regarding this and your feedback, please be assured that this will be forwarded to the relevant department for future reference.
To reiterate, we apologise for the inconvenience and frustration caused, and we thank you for your kind attention and continued support.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further or require any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Kind regards,

Kafi Gosling

Nintendo UK

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Stoshy Burchett 4/27/13 8:59 PM
Is it going to work this time???
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. The Pilchard 4/28/13 6:44 AM
Hi all, I Played quite a few videos yesterday and no buffering except during load-up (5 - 15 seconds). I also tried my test playlist firstly on my PC and deleted all videos that had the error message cannot be played in a playlist or not available in your country and made sure that they all played, next loaded the same playlist on the Wii, from the 27 on the list only 19 were even visible but they did at least play (no buffering) so if the buffering problem is resolved in the UK then what is the difference between UK & USA streaming!
One thing I have noticed from your posts is that you get adverts which I only see while viewing on PC, apart from Vevo advert that pop's up for 30 seconds at the begining of Vevo videos (AND NO GOOGLE I DON'T WANT OR NEED TO SEE ADVERTS IF IT MEANS BUFFERING AGAIN!).

Do you all get the same adverts as seen on PC?

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. TePe 4/30/13 1:41 AM
Hi all,

I've checked mine and it seems to be working much better. Can anyone confirm this?

Tore Westre 4/30/13 8:02 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Tore Westre 4/30/13 8:06 AM
Can hardly call it "Best Answer" though. The issue has been going on for quite a while, for me atleast, and so far this is the only response I have seen from any staff. This does not only count for the Wii app, as I can't watch any videos on a PC either. Stops after a short period or re-starts whenever it sees fit. The commercials are none the less played again with no problems. Even in full HD.

Thanks for the response atleast.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/30/13 8:30 AM
Hello YT, I'm hoping that when there is an update, you'll change the answer here to reflect that?  And at this point, nothing has changed right?

Thanks for the information!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/30/13 8:33 AM
Wait, you're not getting any advertisements AFTER the update in the UK?  

And you're not getting a buffering issue?

That is interesting.  

Is there a way to see what "version" of Wii channel we have?

Remember everybody, keep tweeting this out so more and more people can let Google know what's going on!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Melamerri 4/30/13 8:42 AM
No TePe, it's still not working. Tried it yesterday. I even checked the Wii Shopping Channel to see if YouTube provided any new updates (which is what it's going to take) to resolve the issue but none were available.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/30/13 8:44 AM
Nicely streaming commercials and completely hitching content?  Even on your computers on all your browsers?

I have a guess about that.  The advertisements are cached all over the place and are totally ready to be streamed right to your boxes instantly while the actual videos are not cached and have to come from some disk drive with many more network nodes to hop through.

The problem I believe we are facing here is this:

Immediately after updating the Wii channel and using it, the characteristics of the channel totally tanked.  Two things changed.  (at least in the US)

1) Videos no longer play without buffering every 10 to 30 seconds. So the exact same video that played straight through is suddenly buffering.  Including the latest TED talks which should be pretty well cached everywhere.
    2) Suddenly there are advertisements playing BEFORE the videos!  BOOO!

And, as a side note, they didn't add the ability to rate or favorite or add to playlists!!!  BOOO!!!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 4/30/13 12:24 PM
Um...there aren't any commercials on the youtube Wii application. Just the videos.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jayson Kaplan 4/30/13 12:45 PM
It is not working any better for me.

I installed the YouTube app for the first time on Sunday. It's been doing the rebuffering thing consistently for every video I've tried to watch regardless of length or whether or not it's a video I've uploaded or someone else's, or if it's in a playlist or not.

It's doing it for every single video I try to watch. It's extremely frustrating.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Becky O'Brien 4/30/13 2:22 PM
I have had the same exact problem. The service You Tube provides would be amazing if they could fix this issue. I was spreading the word about it but if you can't watch it without a million interruption's people are not going to waste their time. I really hope it will get fixed soon. There is no doubt my family would use this everyday.
Becky
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. TePe 4/30/13 3:04 PM
I've tried it today again and unfortunately it is still not working properly!!!  Why Google doesn't give us the old version of this app???????
I can see that some people have adverts playing prior to the video. I'm currently in the UK and don't have any adverts. Do you have those adverts playing before every video?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 4/30/13 4:45 PM
I've never had any ads on the Wii youtube application. Never.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Becky O'Brien 4/30/13 6:20 PM
I have advertisements as well but I think it's what show your watching. It's not all of them but when I do get them it gives you the option to skip it after 5 seconds. It's worth it to me if this issue get's fixed. Like others are saying, it's not worth using because of the buffering.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 4/30/13 6:32 PM
The youtube application on the Wii does NOT have ads. And...what shows ? Since when does youtube have shows ?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 4/30/13 10:05 PM
When I updated to the new Wii YouTube Channel I could have sworn it started playing ads before the videos.  Just like in a web browser.  

But heck if I know now.  I can't get my new Wii YouTube channel to play anything at all.  All it does is buffer, it never plays anything.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. TePe 5/1/13 5:22 AM
I don't give up and have tried it again just know. STILL NOT WORKING!
Google, for goodness sake! Give us the older version of this app and than work on this issue in your labs! Why do you like upset people???!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. nbglmom 5/1/13 8:11 AM
Good to know I am not alone. So frustrated with the update. Youtube worked fine on our wii before the stupid update. Only did the update because it said it would load things faster. Sure, now it stops every 30seconds to buffer a 3 minute video. Please fix this!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 5/1/13 12:00 PM
Yes , there were short adverts before some of the videos, soon after the update. Maybe 15 seconds long. However , mine hasnt shown any of those for a while now. I think they dropped em. I hope. At least for me, they quit showing up. Im in the U.S. The buffering problem continues to happen , and then sometimes it plays fine. Go figure. Its unreliable at best. Im confident we will hear something soon.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Mark Schmidt 5/1/13 12:29 PM
Yes it is on the Wii. Completely dissatisfied. Please fix this issue. It still buffers every 30 secs for 30 secs
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. YTJennie 5/1/13 1:20 PM
Thank you all again for your ongoing reports and patience.

As the team continues to work on this issue, please let us know whether you're using a Wi-Fi or wired connection for your Wii.  (Note: If you've already tried the YouTube Wii app on both connections, we would like to hear any observations about how your connection impacted this issue.)

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Collin Reisdorf 5/1/13 1:33 PM
Using the wifi connection here, getting buffering about 2 minutes into any video over about 3 minutes.

Videos play instantly and have a large buffered meter (the white bar) but then don't continue to download after the first 2-3 minutes (then it only seems to be able to buffer an additional 30-60seconds at a time).

Netflix and Amazon apps for Wii stream fine over wifi, haven't had any buffering or quality problems.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 5/1/13 2:20 PM
Wifi for our Wii.  

We are able to use Netflix and it plays fine with random occasional buffering happening maybe once or less in a movie.  Our download speed is 3Gb.

James

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. TePe 5/1/13 3:22 PM
Hi YTJennie. Thanks for giving us an update on this.
Going back to your question.
As Wii doesn't have LAN card build in, I assume that 99% of people here would use WiFi connection (Guys, please correct me if I'm wrong).
Personally I'm on WiFi and problem exists all the time, while there was NO PROBLEMS when using previous version of the app (on WiFi as well).
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 5/1/13 4:32 PM
Yeah, I'm using the wifi, too. I didn't really have any buffering problems with the previous version. What would happen before is that I would select a video to watch. The video would buffer for a second or two then start. If I selected a section of the progress bar a little further on, the video would buffer and start right away, leaving me with a good amount of white line. With the white line, I could use the fast forward button to move ahead a few seconds. But that's all. It NEVER quit and buffered when I didn't want it to in the middle of a video. There is something definately wrong with the updated version of the application.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. lovemonkeysd 5/1/13 7:04 PM
Wireless.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 5/2/13 8:44 AM
For the past month, YouTube on Wii was completely unusable for me due to the buffering issues discussed in this thread.  However, last night, I installed the Hulu channel and the Netflix channel.  After watching one of the Hulu sample videos, I tested YouTube gain.  For some reason, YouTube works great now.  Perhaps, the Hulu channel or the Netflix channel installed some Wii driver that aided the YouTube channel.  Or, it could be a coincidence.  Whatever happened, it's usable for me at least for now.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Grace Del 5/2/13 1:44 PM
Hi there,

*  Exactly when did this issue begin (if you can recall)?
Immediately after I installed the update last week (April 26th, 2013 approximately).

*Is this still an issue for everyone on the thread or has the experience improved since your original reports?

Today is 5/2/13 and it is still buffering every 30 seconds or so.  THIS RARELY HAPPENED BEFORE THE UPDATE!

*Do you see the same amount of buffering when you view an individual video as you would with a video in a playlist?  Yes, same amount of buffering and it is OFTEN!  Way too often!  Why can't I go back to the version prior to the update?

*Does this happen with every video? If not, how long are the affected videos?
Any other notable observations about your experience and details about your connection / region would be appreciated.
YES, this is happening with every video, whether it's 5 minutes long or 35 minutes long.  And, we watched these same videos last week (and for weeks prior) without any buffering constantly occurring like it is now.

Please correct this asap.

Sincerely,
Grace

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. DomenicB 5/2/13 4:12 PM
I did the same thing mdb47 did, that is installed Hulu Plus, watched a sample video, then opened up the Youtube channel. I then selected a 30 minute Youtube video that buffered constantly after I updated the Youtube channel a couple of weeks ago. Other than a little buffering at the beginning which is pretty normal, it played in it's entirety without any buffering at all. I'm not sure what changed, but it seems to have fixed the problem (fingers crossed) I am using wifi and Netflix streams perfectly with HD quality and seldom buffers if at all.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. NormLegge 5/2/13 5:07 PM
just to test this.  
First I checked YouTube to see if it was still buffering  - it was.
I navigated to the Wii store and installed the Hulu app
I then navigated to the new Wii Hulu+ Channel and played some of the sample vids.
Then I returned to Wii/YouTube Channel and tried to replay the same clips that were buffering every 30 seconds.

My Youtube clips are still buffering every 30 seconds.  

So. Either mdb47  hit a sweet spot in the software or he works for Hulu.  :) Hopefully the former, because I found that all Hulu+ allows you to sample are short clips and ADVERTISEMENTS. Yes, a paid subscription service hoping to entice you to sign up by showing you all the great paid advertisements you will see once you pay.

On the plus side, they didn't buffer.

Another note - When clicking into the Wii Store the first thing presented is
"Important Info: YouTube is now available for download!"

I momentarily though a patch was up.  But no It showed I had already downloaded it.  So the Wii Store is STILL PROMOTING this download that screws up your viewing experience.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 5/3/13 6:48 AM
I don't work for Hulu :)

I actually did 3 things: I installed the Hulu and the Netflix channels.  And, I also saw the same "Important Info" message that you encountered.  In response to that message, I removed the YouTube channel and then I re-installed it.  I did not removed the YouTube channel's save data; so, I did not have to reactivate it after installation.  I don't know which (if any) of these steps helped.  But, the YouTube channel is actually working well now.  I watched a 1 hour documentary on YouTube last night and it did not stop to buffer once.  I also use the Amazon Prime (video) channel, which never had any problems.  And, at least for now, the YouTube channel works as well as it does.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Grace Del 5/3/13 7:44 AM
Hi YTJennie,

I did as many of the people posting recommended.  I already had HuluPlus loaded.  I went into the Wii channels & there was a Hulu update available.  I updated, went into Hulu, played a 2 minute video, went back to YouTube and it plays normally.

Hope this information helps your team!
Grace

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Grace Del 5/3/13 7:47 AM
HI YTJennie,

I'm sorry.  I thought it corrected the issue, but it did not.  It is still buffering in the middle of whatever video is playing.  THE ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED.

Sincerely,
Grace

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. The Pilchard 5/4/13 4:27 AM
Hi YTJennie, although I am currently happy 'most' of the time with YouTube and the buffering issue which has corrected its self with or without fixes! I still continue with this thread. Below is a comment dated 2 May by mdb47 who talks about installing Hulu Channel & Netflix, this is quite interesting as here in the UK I use Iplayer supplied by BBC Television and watch loads of programs that run for an hour or more at a time so things still point to your YouTube app or conditions set by your servers which deliver video content (no problem for me though)and the Wii seems to work OK with other apps! By the way I use WiFi for all apps. I understand why everybody is frustrated by this issue 'me included originally' but we don't have to pay for this service so we can only hope that Google/YouTube find a solution soon!
Maybe an idea YTJennie if you could inform us of anything that has been tried or tested in an attempt to cure this problem!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Melamerri 5/5/13 8:58 PM
Hello,

Like everyone else I'm using a wireless connection to stream through our Wii. Just checked for an update for YouTube and it appears there isn't one out yet. Like others have requested, is there a way to revert to the old version prior to the recent update? My kiddos are missing their living room dance parties. :( Thank you for your continued updates and work to resolve this issue. :)

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Wii demand answers 5/6/13 2:44 PM
It's been a month and still no fix?
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. HowardII 5/7/13 2:31 PM
I am having the same buffering problem with Youtube on the Wii as many others have reported. It started after I installed the Youtube update. Dear Google, since so many users are having this issue, please help. Youtube is unwatchable as it is.
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Tienderized 5/9/13 4:57 PM
Still having the same problem here, but when I play a video it creates cloned preset channels (sports, entertainment, comedy) in the center of my list, and splits my subscriptions in half.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 5/9/13 5:21 PM
Keep on tweeting this thread!  
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 5/10/13 10:44 AM
NO NEWS FOLKS:

Last night I streamed a whole House Of Cards episode from Netflix on the Wii just fine...

This morning, I went to my Apple TV and streamed a TED talk beautifully.  It started right up and played the whole thing with no hitches.

I opened up YouTube on the Wii and waited and waited.  Finally I could select my favorites.  I clicked on the same TED talk and up came the progress bar.  It showed the white bar inching up extremely slowly.  After about 30 seconds, it finally started playing.  After playing for 10 seconds, it had RUN OUT OF BUFFER, the red bar caught up to the white bar, and it started buffering again.  

The The New YouTube Channel is definitely the problem.  Not the WiFi, not the Wii.  It's the YouTube Channel.  

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 5/10/13 12:29 PM
Yes,..its beyond me why this isnt as simple as taking down the update and re-posting the old one ,...i suppose there could be more to it than that but i guess the consumer doesnt rate high enough to deserve an explanation as to whats going on or why they wont repost the app. I guess they figure free apps dont merit top 20 priority. Not doing a whole lot for their reputation, which is  suffering already. Token talk of being aware and working on it is just words, how about an official response.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Sultan of swirl 5/10/13 11:11 PM
So the former QA tech in me has to add to this.  We have a 5mb connection with Wii, and aside from the buffering issues that everyone is indicating here, I've payed with my Wii YouTube and have noticed the following:  regardless of the size/length/resolution of a file, I have attempted to pause the feed so that the loaded content would expand past this buffering issue, but the incredibly stupid thing is that any and all content will stop loading on the Wii after its developed about 45 seconds of space.  This does not happen on my pc or Mac.  I've left multiple YouTube feeds of various length between 2-15 minutes on pause on the Wii for as much as 15 minutes with it refusing to load more than an advancement of 45 seconds of feed, thus forcing me to deal with the "30 second buffering" issue that everyone else here is experiencing.  All is well with Netflix, Hulu and amazon on my system.  No excuses and please don't insult us ... Fix it, or deal with customers going elsewhere (there's plenty o options out there).
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Dusty Banks 5/11/13 1:33 AM
Ok Jennie, enough stalling.

It's been over a month, and my primary method of accessing youtube has been entirely nonfunctional. I am hereby boycotting youtube and all other google products personally. I will no longer use youtube or anything else google provides until this is addressed properly, without these stalling tactics. I realize that there is a lot to do, but it should not take 22 days to get a reply from you saying that the team is aware of the problem. No solution, mind you, just an acknowledgement of the problem. At this rate it'll be 2016 before an actual fix hits the net.

I am also x-posting and linking this all in every place I can possibly find to post it including reddit and all the other linking sites. Maybe some public pressure will make this more important. There are many many of us who rely on this youtube app on a wii, and it's clear at this point that google has little to no interest in resolving this and is only feigning interest in this problem.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Colm Flaherty 5/11/13 12:39 PM
Just had a go at my youtube app on Wii for the 1st time. Same problem as above, tried reinstalling it. Now after a google for "youtube wii buffering" I'm here.

Tried Internet browsing to youtube. Neither desktop nor mobile youtube will play video.

There currently is no viable means of playing youtube videos on a Wii. Disappointed.

Kai86 5/12/13 11:26 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Kai86 5/12/13 11:29 PM
Sigh, it seems to me that Google can see there is an obvious problem with the update since 45 different people have been posting all month long about the exact same issue, this should at least be ADDRESSED as a problem by now. I am still checking Wii shop DAILY to see if there is a fix or a change or SOMETHING. This is absolutely ridiculous. Come on there are 5 pages of complaints in just one month!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. CyberDems 5/13/13 7:49 AM
Same problem here
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. bobbie jones-shaffer 5/14/13 1:49 PM
Same prolem.. it worked great until the update.. I am very disgusted. If they can not fix the problem give us back the old version before the update.....
if they cared they would....  They really do not care. So sad time to go some place else. Away from google and Nintendo....
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jobooch1981 5/15/13 8:53 PM
Why wont nintendo respond to this problem everybody is having i mean this sucks foreal!!!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Roberto 5/15/13 10:12 PM
I have the same problem. I have a wireless router. When I see youtube from my Notebook it shows great well. When I see yotube from my Wii it frezzes every 30 seconds when the buffer runs out.

I buyed the Wii LAN adapter. When I use the LAN adapter connected by cable to my Wii I get exactly the same,yotube frezzes every 30 seconds.

It have no sence. When I play a movie from Netflix using WiFi router, the Wii plays it greatly with no stops.

Why Netfix works great and youtube don't.

Please give us a solution. I love my Wii because it's mark is Nintendo, as the same console I had when I was a Child.

I Think I am goint to buy the new Wii U. But if Nintengo dosen't solve problems like this I think I should change my prefference to other consoles.

Please give us a solution.

Tahnks.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. CrocodileCucumberPotato 5/16/13 12:42 PM
I'm using wired by the way. Wireless is always garbage.

It keeps coming and going and may be related to which server is used to stream the data, but I cannot be sure due to the total lack of debugging options on the Wii (I could set up a DNS server and check the requests but that's a bit of a chew).

I've just watched a full two-hour video with no interruptions at all. I then tried a one-minute and two-minute video and both were utterly useless.

Things are not much better on my laptop though so I doubt this actually has anything to do with the Wii or any specific platform.

My Internet is fine.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 5/16/13 2:29 PM
Update: I mentioned that after installing Hulu and Netflix, YouTube videos played a lot better. This is still the case. But, many videos still enter the buffering cycle (15 seconds of video, buffer for a minute, repeat). Though, many play just fine, even very long ones (hour long documentaries). I don't see any pattern. It must be a problem at the backend.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. YTJennie 5/17/13 1:38 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you again for your ongoing patience and detailed reports.

The engineering team recently pushed out some changes to reduce the frequency of these issues.  Additionally, an update to the app is also on the way with further improvements to the experience.   At this time, we don't have a specific timeline for when the update will be available, but I will be sure to let you know as soon I have additional information.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mikeyserves 5/17/13 2:39 PM
counting on you jennie, don't let us down
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Dusty Banks 5/17/13 3:31 PM
No improvement on our end. All 4 videos we tried did the exact same thing as before.

Nice to know there's a fix coming.... someday...

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Melamerri 5/21/13 7:23 PM
Thank you Jennie for the update. To all the disgruntled: complaining and threatening don't help. YouTube provides this entertainment for us at no charge. We all enjoy YouTube, it's free and it's a luxury. Please remember that. There are so many more important things in life. :)
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. CrocodileCucumberPotato 5/21/13 8:15 PM
We are their customers, you frigging idiot. YouTube is not a charity.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Melamerri 5/21/13 8:26 PM
If you're paying any sort of fee to them for watching YouTube videos then you're a friggin idiot. The rest of us are watching it for free. :)
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Grace Del 5/21/13 9:24 PM
Please leave your comments to other people OFF OF THIS THREAD.  We're waiting for answers & don't want to read insults, put downs etc.  People are frustrated, so stop judging & let's wait to hear back more from YT Jennie.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 5/21/13 11:49 PM
It would be great if some clarity on what exactly happened and what is being worked on are shared to this group.   At this point,  a fix would be nice,  but also hearing some real facts would be better.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. CrocodileCucumberPotato 5/22/13 9:01 AM
Why don't you shut up?

It's called advertising, you frigging idiot!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. HowardII 5/26/13 5:12 PM
Thank you Jeannie. Sorry about the rude people out there. I know 99% of youtube users are most appreciative of this phenominal video service.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Halsey Ray 5/27/13 10:51 PM
Updates are supposed to make something more useful. This is ridiculous.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Halsey Ray 5/28/13 2:43 AM
Phenomenal
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jason Beaman 5/30/13 2:20 AM
Bloody hell Google!  Just fix the upload, it's that simple! !
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. CrocodileCucumberPotato 5/30/13 2:58 AM
Well done, Jason, completely irrelevant to this thread. You must be a brain surgeon?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Karim Lakhani, CPA 5/30/13 8:45 PM
Problem solved. Remove unwanted apps and create space. Restart the wii app. No more buffering. Thanks all for Sharing input. Caching appeared to have been impacted by space
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Halsey Ray 5/30/13 10:27 PM
Still doing it, and now the loading sign looks different. It stopped for about an hour and a half, and now it's just as bad as before. Followed the directtions now three times, still not better.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 6/1/13 9:13 AM
Hmmmmm......Found a note in my Wii mail today about YouTube!!!! Downloaded and am testing,.....so far...its running great. Is this a fix or the old version?,...i dont care as long as its working. Now i can watch the Mythical Show without interuption!!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 6/1/13 9:28 AM
Well,...still having buffering issues... sigh!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Karim Lakhani, CPA 6/1/13 11:01 AM
Still having no issues with buffering. Not sure why the solution did not work for everyone. By the way, I have very high speed internet averaging 30+ download.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Phoenix Bubba 6/1/13 6:13 PM
6/1/2013 download and installed today and having the issue. Plenty of bandwidth at our location.

Have the same type of issue on my Android phone since the recent Youtube app update.

Plenty of bandwidth. One thing I can see is some of the videos have a still picture (no video) and they don't have the problem.

Seems like the buffer calculation is wrong. This can't be this hard to fix.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Halsey Ray 6/1/13 8:57 PM
Still having this problem. I don't understand why you don't just "update" it back to the way it was when it worked.
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. halocore 6/2/13 7:59 PM
Also constantly having this problem on my Wii. Loads about 30 seconds of video, and then it pauses and has to buffer again. I have 50 Mbps Internet service, and no other device in my house has a problem loading from YouTube.

Frankly not all that impressed with Google right now. This is the third product of theirs I use that's broken or been stripped off critical features lately. I am a paying google apps user for my business, and I already am planning on going to another provider. Get it together.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 6/2/13 9:00 PM
They arent gonna do anything. They could have already. There gonna just leave it i bet.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Tiki Room 6/2/13 10:36 PM
Utterly frustrating. Our family cannot view anything on Wii YouTube TV anymore. It's too maddening to endure all the buffering buffering buffering.  I hope they're still trying to correct this. Until it is repaired/improved, we will be actively looking at Nintendo's competitors and other sources for alternatives. Peace.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Collin Reisdorf 6/4/13 8:13 AM
Seems that having a nearly full Wii was making the problem worse for me, while not really a satsfactory solution, this work-around has made my viewing experience less frustrating.

While I was having the problem I had only 300-500 blocks of free space. After moving as many games and save data as reasonable to an SD card I'm now showing 1400 free blocks, and the buffering issues have disappeared for the moment.

I'll keep you updated but it seems likely that the buffer was limited by the amount of available blocks (which I would have assumed the Youtube Wii app would have blocked in it's save data, but I guess not, I'm not familiar with the Wii APIs so this is merely conjecture.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Russ K. 6/4/13 8:21 AM
Thank you, for your small but steady contribution will help so many !

(been without youtube since update)

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Dusty Banks 6/4/13 2:58 PM
I have 1600 blocks free and have had the whole time.

I can watch some videos now, not others. The app has been adjusted so that now it will buffer longer, however during buffering it sometimes stops buffering for 30 seconds to a minute, meaning that the buffer runs out frequently. On low res videos I can probably watch 2-3 minutes at a time. High res is still about 30 seconds.

It should be noted that there was some kind of patch to the app, but I couldn't download it. I had to remove the app and reinstall it, and I noticed that small improvement after doing that. I'd say try it and see if that helps any.

Jennie: Is there going to be any meaningful update from your folks on this? We're looking at about 3 months now, and we as users have done more to help solve this problem than you or anyone at google. We'd appreciate something more than a once a month post from you saying that it's being worked on.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. lovemonkeysd 6/4/13 3:16 PM
I have 1831 blocks open.  That is the same number as before the update when I didn't have any problems.  Yesterday I deleted YouTube from my Wii, deleted the YouTube save data, and downloaded a fresh YouTube app from the Wii Shop Channel.  YouTube on my Wii still buffers after approximately 30 seconds of playing any video, whether it is 2 mins long or more than an hour long.

Nintendo/Google/Wii/Youtube, Will you please just load the old version of YouTube as a download from the Wii Shop Channel?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Halsey Ray 6/4/13 9:07 PM
I did the same, to no effect. It helped a little bit for about 10 minutes (still bad, but not as bad) then went right back to it.
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. intjon 6/4/13 10:34 PM
This is just ridiculous. Before I even googled the issue I figured it was a problem with my wifi (wouldn't be the first time wifi was unreliable), and Netflix was just doing a better job of dynamically adjusting compression to make the best use of my available bandwidth. So I ordered the ethernet adapter and ran a 50 foot cat5e cable so we could watch youtube videos without all the buffering issues.

It only got worse with time. Absolutely no improvement from the physical data connection. As a software firm project manager myself I feel very embarrassed for the team and especially management in charge of this project. Months without meaningful improvement to what is unquestionably a matter of poor development and presumably no testing? Shameful.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Dusty Banks 6/5/13 8:09 AM
intjon: The difference is, you care about your software and users.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 6/5/13 11:25 AM
I just found something weird. Maybe someone here has seen the same thing. The Wii application is showing a lot of subscriptions that I don't have and doesn't always show all of the subscriptions that I DO have. I didn't see anything that would let me refresh my account so it could see what subscriptions that I have.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. CrocodileCucumberPotato 6/7/13 8:35 AM
Nuisance 1
Connection: Ethernet --> ADSL2+

The first problem which became apparent was that the Wii client couldn't play videos any more, or not for more than a few seconds anyway. When it did play it would randomly stop to buffer only a few seconds at a time, and sometimes give up altogether and exit the video.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Bradm027 6/14/13 6:33 AM
I have the same exact problem. I'm about to give up and simply delete Youtube from my Wii.

It was fine before the "update". Now its worthless

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 6/14/13 1:16 PM
Nintendo should remove the YouTube app until this issue is resolved.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. AndrewMcG 6/19/13 7:07 AM
I noticed another version for download of this channel yesterday but I don't notice any difference as yet.

For me the biggest problem is that after playing ads, there is no video, only audio.  This was the same in the previous version.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 6/19/13 7:57 AM
I refreshed the YouTube app a few times and it does not help.  I have never seen ads play on the Wii.  Ads suck, but if that's the price to fix the buffering issue, then I'm in.  It's insane that Google is taking so long to fix this.
yteng 6/19/13 11:21 AM <This message has been deleted.>
yteng 6/19/13 11:26 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. YTJennie 6/19/13 11:34 AM
Hi everyone - Thank you for your patience.  As some of you have already noticed, a new update to the app is now available.  Please let us know if you're still seeing these issues.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Dusty Banks 6/19/13 12:13 PM
Tell them the app doesn't work and nothing for months. Tell them their ads don't work and a software engineer jumps on it like a fat girl on a cookie.

And then Jennie deletes the post so nobody gets the idea that they might actually have people fixing the problems THEY care about.

Except we all get emailed copies of this too Jennie.  :)

Also, Jennie, mine still does not work, and I do not see a new version available for download.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. lovemonkeysd 6/19/13 12:14 PM
Hi YTJennie,

I just deleted the YouTube app from my Wii, and I also deleted the YouTube save data to make sure there weren't any remnants of the old app.  I then went to the Wii Shop Channel and found the YouTube app.  It said "Updated!"  So, I downloaded it.

I tried playing a 3.5 minute video and the YouTube app stopped eight times in order to buffer.  The problem is not solved.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Melamerri 6/19/13 12:35 PM
Hi YT Jennie,

I updated the app on my Wii then played a video that always buffered before (Trouble from Taylor Swift...2013 Brit Awards). It's better, but still not perfect. Before it buffered every 15-20 seconds. This time it buffered 5 times (10-12 seconds each time)during this 4 min 30 sec video. Still needs to be fixed.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. YTJennie 6/19/13 12:46 PM
@AndrewMcG & mdb47 - Can you provide some more detail about this issue?  In particular, can you include example videos with this behavior?
@Dusty Banks - Which region are you in?
@lovemonkeysd - Is this happening with all videos?  Can you provide some examples?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. AndrewMcG 6/19/13 1:50 PM
Reply sent to engineer who contacted me:

Hi - thanks for getting in touch

To answer your questions:

AUDIO, NO VIDEO
No, not all ads have this problem.  I mainly watch CNET's channel which are preceded by the same Blackberry ad.  Very annoying.  Anyway, sometimes the following video plays fine and sometimes not.  I can't detect a pattern.  If I find there is no video, only audio, I press B and then replay.  As the ad only plays every so often, the video plays fine.  Yesterday it was this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr2NLfUCnY4

POOR QUALITY ENCODING
Some videos seem to be of a very low bitrate on Wii when they play at 720p on PC.  Two examples yesterday were:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-gpuf2Wilc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr2NLfUCnY4     (again!)

VIDEO NOT AVAILABLE/SPINNING WHEEL

I get this later in the evenings and presume this is due to server overload at Youtube.  I have a 16mb connection which is very reliable and no problems viewing the same videos on PC.

Hope this helps

Andrew
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. lovemonkeysd 6/19/13 2:27 PM
Hi YTJennie,

The video I referenced earlier was Rhett and Link's "Yo Daddy Battle", 3 min 32 sec video.

After your reply I picked random videos:

"Official Anchorman 2 Trailer"  It stopped 5 times in the 1 min 43 sec video.
"QI - Season 7 - Episode 10 - Greats - XL"  44 min 12 sec.  It stopped at 14 sec, 26 sec, 39 sec, 56 sec, 1min 6sec, 1:21, 1:32, 1:49, etc., etc.
"Peter Jackson answers fan mail", 1 min 3 sec video.  Stopped at 14 sec, 31 sec, 55 sec

It seems it doesn't matter if it's a short video or a long one, I still get the same problem.

Also, each time it stops, it buffers for 15-20 seconds.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Bradm027 6/19/13 7:48 PM
I downloaded the new app and it seems to be working fine now. I haven't had any buffering or stopping at all. Played some videos that didn't work before and they seem to be working. Only tried about 5, but so far , I seems to be working fine. Thanks
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. David Murdoch 6/19/13 8:11 PM
It is much worse after today's update and I have a 40 mbps connection!

It spends about 20 seconds buffering then plays about 15 seconds before buffering again.

Fyi, Netflix rarely ever buffers.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. KMarshall@WWW 6/19/13 9:09 PM
Just downloaded and tried to watch LHOTP S01E03. Became very excited when 1 minute had passed with no pauses. At 1:18 there was a pause but not as long as with the previous version. There were continued pauses throughout.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Halsey Ray 6/19/13 9:53 PM
Downloaded the new app. No change whatsoever. Takes forever to load about 20-30 seconds of anything, then stops and loads for almost a minute... It quits loading if you pause it, and if you do pause it you lose the entirety of what was already loaded. WAIT...LOAD for about a minute... START! Play for 10 seconds... STOP! WAIT LOAD WAIT LOAD PLAY STOP! REPEAT as necessary for months.  Good lord.  
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Halsey Ray 6/19/13 9:55 PM
It just took me 20 minutes to watch a 4 video with new "Update". Nice.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Chuck Boydano 6/20/13 8:58 AM
Hi Jennie. I'm not sure what happened but I never had any problems with YT until around April or May. I saw the update today and downloaded it but it didn't seem to help. Would it be impossible to return it to its original format? That one worked quite well. Thanks. Chuck.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. YTJennie 6/20/13 9:36 AM
Thanks for all your updates.  I'm sorry to hear that some of you aren't seeing any improvements compared to the previous release.  I've let the team know so they can investigate in more detail on this end.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Sean Wecklein 6/20/13 12:11 PM
Why is it so hard for your engineers to understand what they deployed failed, reset up the old version until you tweak it and get the bugs worked out? This looks really bad for Nintendo as well as Google. I was so thrilled with how it all worked until this update. Between Google and Nintendo you have the resources to resolve this swiftly. I am not knocking you Jennie, but two months on this? If the engineers would just compare the two programs, and keep going through them and see what failed and where, it would have been handled. I would easily pay someone to get the old app back on my WII.. I ABSOLUTELY refuse to update Netflix or anything else on my WII after this nonsense.  Your engineers are moving slower than Microsoft ;-)
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 6/20/13 12:36 PM
I got the update. It works better on the whole, but what has become worse is this....the video will start. Perhaps there is a section at the beginning that I don't want to watch because, maybe, I've watched the video before. So, I'll click the Forward arrow. Now, when I do this, one of two things will happen. Either the video will skip ahead a few seconds. Or, a little window will come up that says something to the effect of "the video couldn't be found/played. Next video will begin in 5 seconds." Before I updated, It was maybe once a month that this "couldn't be played" window would come up. Get your act together, youtube.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. TINA MALONE 6/20/13 4:43 PM
Now Youtube will not work at all.  Region US East Cost, 10MB cable and everthing else flys.  
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Bradm027 6/20/13 5:05 PM
Ok.. bad news. I downloaded the new Wii Update yesterday and Youtube seemed to work fine. I watched 5 videos and no pausing

So I tried it again tonight.. No changes.

I watched this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccVfCxE2S60

It played until 2:44 and then it buffered for about 20 seconds

after that it played until 3:22 and buffered again for about 20 seconds

Then it played fine until 4:22 and buffered again for about 20 seconds

Finally it played until 5:30.. and then it buffered and after a few minutes it still hasn't come up.

I immediately checked my cable modem speed... Its 14.13 MB/sec download spee

(in fact, I am playing that same video on another browser window right now, as I type  this and its working fine.. its only on the Wii Youtube that the buffering problem occurs)

I am using a WiFi connection on the Wii, and just like everyone else, the Youtube worked fine without any glitches up until the first "update" on April 4th... after that, it has not worked consistently at all

Hope this helps you fine the problem

Brad

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Bradm027 6/20/13 5:17 PM
One final comment that might be useful. I can watch any video in the Wii Internet channel... no problems whatsoever.

It lacks the quality of picture that the Youtube channel has, and you can't make it "full screen".. but I do not get the buffering problem at all. Never. Not even once.

Hope that helps

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jrgdzlr 6/20/13 8:05 PM
problem it is not solved at all
there is no diference between the update and the previous release
shame
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 6/21/13 8:50 AM
It sounds like the update is not doing any better.  I'll give it a shot anyways since I've got nothing to lose.  The question is, does this app work for anybody, or is it completely broken for all users???  Is it a particular chipset of the Wii?  Should we give you our serial numbers?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 6/21/13 9:17 AM
Interesting that after the "successful download" and pressing the "OK" button, the console took a LONG time to return to the wii channel menu compared to the Amazon and Hulu downloads (which also have updates).  Why was that I wonder... 

First video took 15 seconds to start.

Buffered at 8 seconds into the video,
Buffered at 18 seconds into the video,  
The buffer bar is barely beyond the playbar. 
It buffered again at 47 seconds.  

I started watching other videos and actually haven't seen buffering.  I was able to click on the slider bar and jump to another part of the video.  It buffered a bit.  I'm watching a TED talk and it hasn't buffered once...  Hmmmm.  This is definitely better than before.  Oh, just got hit with a buffering in the TED talk for no reason at all...  Oh, and again.

Clearly there is still work that can be done.

Notes:

What exactly are the controls supposed to do?  Fast forward and rewind buttons?  Since the system and streaming is so "sluggish" it isn't clear what happens when you click on them.  How about labels?  Make it a cool interface!

How about some better more useful buttons like "Back 7 seconds" and "back 30 seconds"  How about an onscreen tutorial? How about making this a cool application??? 

Interestingly, with the first video, there was no ad!  That, I like.  The second, and third videos had no advertisements!  This is a good thing.  We'll see if that keeps up.

More later.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 6/21/13 9:52 AM
I tested some videos out last night and the new version did appear to improve things.  I was able to watch a 30 minute documentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-g27KS0yiY) without any buffering.  In fact, all of the videos I watched had no buffering issues except for one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvtxFFj6eDY

I noticed audio/video synchronization issues with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5H5orZKG_4

I am using Time Warner Cable (of Lower Manhattan) as my cable/internet provider. I get 20 Mbps on my PC.  However, on the Wii with the LAN adapter, I only get around 1.5 Mbps.  With the Wifi adapter, it varies between 1 to 4 Mbps.  I live in a Manhattan apartment; so, I assume the bandwidth is low due to a lot of Wifi interference.  Or, the Wii Wifi adapter might be as bad as the LAN adapter.  In any case, using either LAN or Wifi, Amazon Prime works great, Netflix works great and Hulu works great.  Only YouTube is having an issue.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. MiiWii 6/21/13 1:56 PM
Installed the Youtube channel for the first time tonight and having the same problems mentioned in this thread. I haven't been able to watch a single video without buffering every 30 seconds or so. :(
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jayson Kaplan 6/22/13 5:57 AM
After a few days with the most recent "update" the buffering is still a problem.

Specifically:

- Some longer videos (over 10 min) seem to play fine while others experience frequent and endless buffering

- Most short videos (under 5 min) now get constantly interrupted for buffering

- Any attempts to use the navigation controls to move a video forward result in instant buffering which never resolves

As this issue drags on into yet another month I have to ask what is so difficult about getting this right? No offense to the Jennie who is doing her job, but perhaps it's time for YouTube to step up and do more than just have Jennie gather info for the engineers or whatever this has been for the last three months. It's preposterous that a tech giant like this cannot get this right.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. AndrewMcG 6/22/13 5:58 AM
The other issue I haven't mentioned is the Watch History.  No more than one screen loads (4 videos) and the wait symbol just spins.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 6/22/13 9:26 AM
I found something that is really annoying. When the application loads in, and I go through my subscriptions, it will often display duplicates of the channels. About half of the channels will show up 2 or 3 times. So, I have to quit the application and restart it. This usually fixes my problems, but I will often have to quit and restart 3 or 4 times to get it to run right.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Julian Laxton 6/22/13 9:34 AM
I installed this app a few weeks ago and found it to be frustratingly bad.  After some searching I see I am not the only one.  The recent update didn't fix the issues.

Internet connection is 15/2 cable from brighthouse and tests at the advertised speeds.  Netflix and amazon instant video work flawlessly on my Wii console.  The youtube app won't play a video more than 30 seconds without stuttering.

On the plus side, my two year old daughter is learning about the concepts of data buffering and beta software.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 6/23/13 12:49 PM
I watched a few more videos last night.  Most of the videos that I watched had no buffering issues including 1 hour documentaries.  However, the problem persists for a few.  What is really annoying is that there are now occasional 30 second advertisements that you cannot skip after 5 seconds and after waiting the 30 seconds, the video that follows has buffering problems.  In addition, if you try to move the scroll thumb to advance the video to an arbitrary point, it complains that the video is not found and it attempts to move onto the next video in the queue.  This interface is absolutely horrible.  It is almost as if the Google team working on this never saw Amazon Prime or Netflix or Hulu before.  They really dropped the ball on this.  One of the reasons that I bought the Wii was to watch YouTube and now I feel like I got robbed.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. JJFoshay 6/23/13 3:48 PM
I downloaded the update but the issues have not changed.  Videos buffer slowly and frequently stop to buffer, interrupting playback.  There is no problem with other video services on my Wii or other devices.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. intjon 6/23/13 8:38 PM
I find it remarkable that you aren't responding to specific questions about what kinds of information would be helpful (such as serial numbers for different chipsets & such). Very disappointing.

Personally the latest update bought us about 2 days of trouble free viewing, but now it is back and at least as bad as ever. My kids love watching music videos, but they are quite unwatchable with this system. My baby finds music calming, and we often turn on Baby Einstein lullabies through this app/channel. Well, we did before it stopped working. Now there are far too many times when he gets irritated because the nice music stopped.

I don't understand why people are irritated that ads were added to this app. I understand that it isn't a business model without a revenue stream. But it isn't a revenue stream without viewers, and these problems are causing your viewers to go elsewhere. Countless millions of small business owners would kill to be in your position: a massive client base in place and only minor technical problems in the way of additional revenue. Most of us have to work so hard to get new clients and users that it is appalling to see an organization wasting and alienating the user base that is already in place.

The solution here really is quite simple: quit screwing around with little bandaids and workarounds, re-release the pre-April 2013 code that was working just fine, thereby regaining the trust and restoring the habits of your users, and after SUBSTANTIAL and thorough testing release a working update that does what it is supposed to do.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Susan Basez 6/24/13 6:54 AM
I did the update and cannot view a  youtube video on my WII (ONLY)
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Susan Basez 6/24/13 6:58 AM
Still the same result, youtube not streaming, only a commercial streams and when video starts buffering it fails with an error message to check your connection.  Of course my connection is all good, I am streaming a commercial and netflix.  But I go and test my connection and wii says connection test passes...
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Sean Wecklein 6/24/13 7:26 AM
i did the update. it buffered only a few times then it was perfect. id even contend with the ads.

two days later? Advertisements work fine. The videos are doing the same old S"##T with the buffering. Ive restarted and reinstalled.  Dont blame my connection. im a solid 18mb down and 2 up. uverse, dedicated jack, signal is perfect (attenuation, etc) netflix, hulu and all devices hae no lag, my ping time is avg 10.
Ive restarted all devices, isolated the wii. and its only YOUR app that is buffering to no end.  Please test what you deploy thoroughly next try.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 6/24/13 8:26 AM
What advertisments ? I have never seen any advertisements on the Wii. It's....the Wii.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Sean Wecklein 6/24/13 9:48 AM
random videos make me watch ads first. i get the ad message, i cant skip, then on to the video. its random.  the video link is of Devin Townsend talking about the Animals are Lucky video. Its supposed to be 7 minutes long. Three and a half is about it and how to submit th video, the other three and a half is him dancing like an idiot while the song plays (the fan submission final video is amusing)... anyway, they want proof, here it is. the sound and video quality suck (cheap phone) but it shows whats important. Its been getting worse as the day progresses. A 3 minute video buffered
seven times now :-(  
I ran netflix on the wii, two computers running, one skyping and me streaming audio on my phone. nonody glitched.  
Reinstsalled Youtube again..still buffering almost as much as it plays :-(
I don't mean to be mean or nasty in any way. Im just astounded at the lack of progress vs time. I wish them good luck fixing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNkmZox263E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Sean Wecklein 6/24/13 9:57 AM
this video (lucky animals) actual video just took 8 1/2 minutes to view on my Wii, no issues on my phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8YuqlnVX0o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Michael Connell 6/24/13 11:09 AM
The update did not resolve the buffering issue, but it might...*might* be very slightly better. There is still a lot of buffering on a lot of videos though, often starting around the :30 mark. It's really annoying. As other people have noted, the original version of the YouTube Channel used to be ok, so why the heck can't the issue be identified and corrected? I just hope that Google doesn't just give up  because they can't seem to figure this out and leave us with a broken application.  
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. YTJennie 6/24/13 11:44 AM
Hi everyone,

As always, thank you for your ongoing feedback about the app performance.  I understand your frustration, but I want to assure you that the engineering team is very much aware of these issues and actively working on additional improvements.  

Based on the data reported on this end, the latest version of the app has shown some performance improvements compared to the previous release, but more work is needed.  This version included additional tools to help the team improve playback performance between releases.  While I don't have a specific timeline to provide around these changes, I'll update this thread as soon as they begin rolling out.  

If you're seeing other issues that don't relate to the original topic of this thread, please feel free to start a new post so we can look at those individually.  

Thank you again for your patience. 
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mitrengaw 6/26/13 12:22 PM
I am having the loading problem too. Very Annoying!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. LaQuisha Redfern 6/27/13 2:17 AM
Reporting the problems described here.

Wii on wireless

YouTube channel pauses to buffer frequently when playing a video

:(

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Ian Mooney 6/27/13 6:23 PM
Same problems...utterly frustrated and disappointed.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Nick Bensema 6/29/13 12:33 PM
I had this problem in April, but somehow it cleared up in May, as though something were fixed on the server side.  I no longer get incessant buffering, though using my phone as a remote isn't working very consistently.  

Now it's asking me to update the YouTube channel and I'm a little hesitant.  I'll wait a day before updating, and post my observations.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Nick Bensema 6/29/13 12:36 PM
Actually, I noticed the buffering went away sometime in May, without any client update.  I'm on Cox Communications in Phoenix, AZ.

I'll keep using this version for another few days before I update it, and post my observations.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Josh R Emerson 7/1/13 8:12 PM
The update did not help! It still buffers inherently fix this problem please bring back the original, Is it really that hard to back it up
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Josh R Emerson 7/1/13 8:29 PM
Please fix the buffering problem were begging you!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 7/2/13 6:20 PM
Youtube may care very little about this... But Nintendo should be very upset.

I would consider buying another Wii if they didn't have these issues.  My father wants youtube and netflix at his house, And I can't even consider suggesting a Wii... why??? It does not work properly!!!!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Josh R Emerson 7/2/13 7:01 PM
It worked flawlessly before that update... Can we just go back??
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Stephen Philion 7/3/13 5:26 AM
I'm having the same problem and I did the update.Very annoying and a waste of valuable time.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Alani Nichols 7/3/13 4:32 PM
I'm still seeing this issue and I upgraded the app to my Wii today.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 7/4/13 5:31 PM
If you're not playing games, then a Roku is the ticket, though using the Wiimote for controlling things is always more fun.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jayson Kaplan 7/6/13 9:43 AM
After having a halfway decent experience with YT on the Wii last night, today it is worse than ever. It's not even constantly buffering my videos, it won't play them at all. None of them. You click on one, it begins to load, you get the spinning circle, then it skips to the next video in the playlist and does the same thing until the playlist ends.

More importantly, why is it still having any issues at all at this point? This is far too long for the only answer from YouTube to be "thanks for the input, we're working on it." Why on earth did you "fix" something that by all accounts was never broken to begin with?

I think we need both a real answer about what happened and a permanent resolution to this problem sooner rather than later.

I am sure Nintendo has product forums as well and I intend to tell them precisely how displeased I am with their partner on this project. I have a five year old that already knows she doesn't like YouTube on the Wii because of "that waiting circle." You cool with that being what your known for? You think Nintendo will be?

So please, no more "thanks for your patience" updates. It's time for an actual answer and a legitimate fix.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 7/6/13 4:56 PM
Where is the right Nintendo forum for hammering this?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. lad harris 7/9/13 4:03 PM
This is happening to every device now. Its July now and still you won't fix any of this?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. JJFoshay 7/11/13 4:47 PM
A full video of Cooking with Dog played fine for me this afternoon.  Have adjustments been made?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Liz Weigel 7/13/13 11:27 AM
I have updated, reupdated, deleted the data file, deleted and reinstalled the channel, and STILL, after your latest update, I play a music video for my kids, and thirty seconds into it pauses to buffer, and the baby starts SCREAMING, cause a two year old doesn't understand, and then the video plays, and then it stops to buffer again, and she starts SCREAMING again, and then the video plays, and then it stops to buffer again,and she starts SCREAMING again, and then the video plays, and then it stops to buffer again,and she starts SCREAMING again, and then the video plays, and then it stops to buffer again,and she starts SCREAMING again, and then the video plays, and then it stops to buffer again,and she starts SCREAMING again! You are teaching my baby that screaming gets her what she wants, and you need to fix this issue so I can keep my sanity and NOT start SCREAMING with her!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Liz Weigel 7/13/13 11:33 AM
I have updated, reupdated, deleted the data file, deleted and reinstalled the channel, and STILL, after your latest update, I play a music video for my kids, and thirty seconds into it pauses to buffer, and the baby starts SCREAMING, cause a two year old doesn't understand, and then the video plays, and then it stops to buffer again, and she starts SCREAMING again, and then the video plays, and then it stops to buffer again,and she starts SCREAMING again, and then the video plays, and then it stops to buffer again,and she starts SCREAMING again, and then the video plays, and then it stops to buffer again,and she starts SCREAMING again, and then the video plays, and then it stops to buffer again, and she starts SCREAMING again! You are teaching my baby that screaming gets her what she wants, and YOU NEED TO FIX THIS ISSUE so I can keep my sanity and NOT start SCREAMING with her!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 7/13/13 6:32 PM
Liz W, that is the funniest and most amazing argument I have heard.  Sadly, youTube doesn't care about education of developing children apparently.
E. Leona Castillero 7/15/13 2:40 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Bradm027 7/15/13 6:07 AM
I agree. Google has no incentive to fix this problem

Complain to Nintendo. Tell them you will not buy another Wii, if you can't use it to watch Youtube (or Netflix for that matter)

Here is a link to the Nintendo Forumns

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/20865?tstart=0

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 7/15/13 9:58 AM
Google....

... Give us the Ad's. Much like playstation/ my Tablet/ or even Roku.

I'd put up with Ad's to be able to watch youtube again.

35mbps connection, constant buffering.

YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. HowardII 7/21/13 4:32 PM
This is sooo disappointing. I was thrilled to be able to watch craft and ary tutorials on you tube thru my Wii. With the constant buffering it is no longer an option. What happened?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. HowardII 7/21/13 4:37 PM
This is soo disappointing. I was thrilled when I could watch art and craft tutorials on my big screen using youtube and the Wii. Now it is not an option and the tech giant I so revered can't fix it.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. yelyah 7/23/13 6:58 PM
Maybe this is the week we finally get the YouTube fix on the Wii.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 7/24/13 2:34 PM
Today, Google announced the Chromecast, a small device that supposedly plugs into your TV that can stream YouTube.  Maybe we can fix our Wii with this $35 dongle.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Mar63 7/24/13 4:21 PM
Same here, I just updated today. Wish I had know or I wouldn't have done it. Now it's unusable. I want a rollback!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Kai86 7/26/13 2:00 AM
Been dealing with this since April update. The newest update has not had much if any impact on the never ending buffer. Trying to watch ANY music video is pointless unless you want to start angrily muttering at the screen every 20 seconds as it stops to buffer. I have high speed internet, youtube worked flawlessly before the April update, still works crappy after the new update. Why even make an app if it is never going to work right?
mdb47 7/26/13 11:14 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 7/26/13 11:15 AM
My advice is to spread the word on this issue.  Post to Reddit, Facebook, Nintendo forums, game forums, YouTube forums, etc.  Eventually Google will be pressed to fix this.  I head that the Chromecast actually has similar streaming issues since its under powered.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Akshay Garg 7/26/13 6:12 PM
I am still facing the same issue. The uninstalled the YouTube channel on July 20th and re-installed it. I am still facing the same issue. The video buffer after every 30 seconds.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. lovemonkeysd 7/26/13 8:30 PM
Well, I realize I haven't posted in a while, but since I was the one that started this thread back on April 04, 2013, and I've only made a few posts since then, I thought I'd give an update.

------------------->  It Still Doesn't Work  <-----------------------

Same buffering issues.  I've deleted the YouTube app.  I've deleted the memory.  I've downloaded the updates.  Nothing works.
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Michael Connell 7/27/13 2:13 PM
I don't know what's been changed, but over the past week or so I have noticed a big improvement.  I get the feeling that the Wii app was a learning exercise for chromecast. Good thing, because if Chromecast had been released with the buffering issues we experienced it would have been a huge failure. I still get occasional buffering but not nearly as bad as before. Watching YouTube on the Wii has at least returned to tolerable for me. I might even start using the android integration feature if this buffering issue really is resolved.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 7/27/13 3:02 PM
Heck, I would be okay watching Ad's.. or even 5 seconds of an ad with the option to skip... Just make it work again.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 7/27/13 6:11 PM
Some videos play perfectly.  But, plenty still jam.  It's extremely annoying.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 7/27/13 7:02 PM
The only thing I've really noticed is that some of the time if I click ahead in a video, it will go blank and a little box will appear that says something to the effect of This video couldn't be found and it's going to skip to the next video in 5 seconds. Other than that, it hasn't been too bad. Of course, I haven't used the youtube Wii application for a while.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 7/29/13 6:52 AM
Interesting article:

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/07/why-youtube-buffers-the-secret-deals-that-make-and-break-online-video/

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. shmueltu 8/1/13 8:32 AM
I have the same problem. And it is very frustrating!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 8/2/13 9:19 AM
Can someone post a YouTube video of the issue?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Mar63 8/2/13 11:23 AM
The issue is that it was fine until the update. The update caused problems. The update cannot be rolled back. Why not? If an update causes an issue there should be a way to roll it back built in to the system, not just a "oh well that's unfortunate" response like there has been. My personal solution is I just stopped watching YouTube on my wii but that isn't the way it should be. Noone should ever be stuck with an update that causes issues on their system.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Nilson Rolim 8/3/13 7:33 AM
It just sucks! Come on Google, either insert advertising on YouTube for wii or remove it once and for all. It's clear you don't want it to be good if no advertising is active. Fix or remove it. This disrespect with customers (neither fixing nor removing) is unacceptable.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 8/3/13 10:44 AM
Advertising ? I've never seen any advertising on the Wii in the entire time I've been using it.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Nilson Rolim 8/4/13 11:35 AM
As far as I know, there has never been advertisings on YouTube for Wii. And that's my point: If advertising is needed for this to become something Google cares about, please do add advertisings but make it work!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. yelyah 8/4/13 6:04 PM
Are we ever gonna get an update? This issue is very frustrating.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Danjamm 8/8/13 7:02 PM
I don't know how to update You tube on X Box but I see I have version v2.6.4683. Is this the new update? Because I have the same issue 30 sec of video then buffing.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 8/9/13 10:12 AM
The same issue is happening on the XBox?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. JJFoshay 8/23/13 12:15 AM
Hooray - it seems to be fixed for me! (even without another update)
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Nilson Rolim 8/23/13 8:34 AM
Yeah! :-) I do confirm it JJFoshay, it's working beautifully today! :-) Really happy! Hope they keep it working this good!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 8/24/13 10:21 PM
Keep testing, gentlemen. Results seem to depend on the video that you choose.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Melamerri 8/25/13 5:49 AM
Hi YTJennie,

Is there any status on the issue? I haven't seen anything come through. I did install the update right away back at the end of June but nothing has changed. It's been a while since we watched YouTube because it's not enjoyable to watch it with the constant buffering. Over the weekend I viewed some videos with my children and it's still buffering horribly. Can you please let us know if/when this will be resolved? Thank you!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. shmueltu 8/25/13 7:03 AM
No! It doesn't work well!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Nilson Rolim 8/25/13 10:02 AM
I have tested it with a sample 3 minute video that was freezing every time and it's been working well. Have also watched a 20 minute documentary and a 1 hour and 20 minutes movie with no issues... May its stability be coming and going? If so, I've been lucky then and hope they get a final fix soon...
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Josh R Emerson 8/25/13 10:23 AM
It's still doesn't work!! Sad when netflix can stream 2 hour movies and the monster google can't get there shit straight and make this app work!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 8/26/13 8:48 AM
I did more testing. The situation does appear greatly improved. More videos play without buffering. And, you can now advance the video to an arbitrary play point. But, it is far from perfect. Plenty of videos are still completely unwatchable.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Thomas O'Neill 9/1/13 1:22 PM
We are experiencing the same thing on our Wii... about 30 seconds of video before it starts buffering again... we made a little progress by letting it buffer while paused, but it's still not enough...
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jeff James 9/4/13 10:57 AM
This is still crap. Still does not work, still lags, still stops to buffer...anyone got ANY fixes on this??
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 9/7/13 5:41 PM
Watching YouTube on the Wii is just an awful, awful, awful, awful experience. Nintendo should permanently remove the YouTube app.  They should not permit Google to unload this crap.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jeff James 9/9/13 9:56 AM
CRAP CRAP, TOTAL C R A P, Please fix this CRAP!!!
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Danjamm 9/9/13 12:40 PM
Xbox 360 buffers excessively even though I have the latest update to YouTube. I think You Tube it's not lowering the speed so that it doesn't buffer so much. With my laptop I can select the speed to limit the buffering. I find no way to adjust the speed with Xbox 360.  I can watch this HD video in excellent quality with no buffering then a hour later it continually buffers. Why can' t You Tube APP be made to select the speed?
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jackie Marie 9/9/13 9:28 PM
This is honestly crap it's been going on since April ! It's freaking September it shouldn't take this long to fix this problem why don't you just delete the whole YouTube channel and make a fresh new one ?! I've been patient enough .. Sheesh if money dropped from the sky I'd buy a Xbox ugh .
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. scottebail 9/14/13 3:22 PM
Over 5 months and this can't be corrected? Who is responsible for this?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. NW7US 9/14/13 4:06 PM
I am trying to watch YouTube videos, using the YouTube "channel" on our Wii.  Either by remote control via the YouTube app on our iPad, or, directly with control via the Wii.  In either case, the video will pretend to start playing, but then, skip to the next video in queue, and then the next, and then the next, on and on.  Never will it play a video.  THIS BITES.  Fix it.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Alicia Chavez 9/15/13 12:13 AM
Having the same problem as the last user.  It's only been going on a week to two.  
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jordan H 9/15/13 8:04 PM
I gave up on this being fixed months ago. Face it everybody, this is as good as its going to get, i think they are either powerless to do anything or its not worth their effort, their at the bottom of the totem pole.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. bottleworks 9/22/13 12:23 PM
I'm also having this issue.  It's the Wii app, not my internet connection.  
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 9/30/13 11:19 AM
Any update YTJennie?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. iJames 9/30/13 11:52 AM
I've pretty much given up on this too.  I wish at least I could find out exactly who is to blame so I could complain more...
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. W. O'Ofy 9/30/13 12:03 PM
I too cry the bitter tears of regret.

Damn you Google, damn you.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Adam Stambaugh 10/11/13 9:41 AM
Is there a guaranteed fix for this or at least has the problem been isolated? Some videos it's fine, but others it just buffers like mad. It has to be the software cause YouTube works fine on WiiMC. I just set the quality to 480p and went. I'd love to use the YouTube channel, but as is it's not an enjoyable experience.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 10/12/13 5:07 PM
What is WiiMC?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Adam Stambaugh 10/13/13 4:19 AM
WiiMC (Wii Media Center) is a homebrew application for streaming and playing meda. Everything from MKV video from a Samba server to playing a library of FLAC music. It's capable of streaming from youtube, as well. It doesn't have any of the nice extras that the official Youtube Channel has, but at least it can smoothly play video from Youtube.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jeff James 10/13/13 6:58 AM
You know, I recently upgraded my internet speed from 6 to 12mb/s and so far...no issues. I will report back if it starts acting goofy again.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 10/14/13 11:45 AM
How does one go about installing WiiMC?
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Josh R Emerson 10/14/13 3:33 PM
Google I feel like I'm dealing with a bunch of 3rd graders with no problem solving skills!! Backdate the update to the original you fucking idiots!! Its been months since it's worked properly!! Jesus Christ is it that hard to roll it back!!! There's obviously a problem that you fucks created now fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Adam Stambaugh 10/14/13 6:50 PM
Google around. It's not hard. Homebrew Channel would be the easiest route. People tend to abuse homebrew and pirate, so please don't abuse it.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 10/15/13 2:21 PM
even WIIMC does not work for Youtube. Exception DSI errors occur. The WIIMC forums were closed earlier this year regarding the topic, almost like Google or Nintendo has shut them down.

Shoutcast still works, but not Youtube. I Homebrewed and WIIMC'ed my Wii today. I'm no hacker, but i'm also no dummy when it comes to computers.

Now because my WII is one of the last ones made before WII-U was released, I can also not use the DVD features from within WIIMC. It feels like a useless program, unless I begin to pirate with it.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Adam Stambaugh 10/17/13 11:33 AM
Yeah, I've noticed more and more videos not working with it these past couple of days. It seems Google is changing the streaming format of YouTube on some videos. Without an update, that feature will probably be completely broken on it before long.

WiiMC is also nice for just streaming media in general, but if you have any other semi modern system, a dedicated HTPC, or just connect your computer to your TV, there's not much reason for it.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 10/17/13 1:29 PM
I feel as though Nintendo and Youtube (Google) have had a falling out, as they continually block ways for the WII to access Youtube.

Once homebrewed, my world of wii is now more interesting with more options... few of which actually meet my needs though.

I bought my Wii with the intention of playing the odd game of Mario Kart; moreso using it as a clean and streamlined media interface for Youtube and Netflix - without having to use a computer.

What will I choose next? Maybe ill stop supporting Youtube and Google instead of choosing anything else?

It would be in their best interest to add commercials to Wii like online videos - and continue to offer a proper functioning service..

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Adam Karonika 10/21/13 9:06 PM
I'm still having problems with this.  Trust me when I say it's not a network or wifi issue.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 10/21/13 10:42 PM
Its not every video though!! I watched a full episode of Roadkill the other night, no issue.

I want everyone reading this thread to open up youtube and search " Roadkill 1950 Mercury Rescue. "

It helps that one of my favorite shows works fine, but its the only one!

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 10/22/13 1:30 PM
The situation has improved.  Many videos work.  But, a large percentage don't.  I wonder if they are slowly doing something at the back end that is improving things.  Google refuses to communicate with us; so, it's anyone's guess.  Generally, I noticed that the longer the video, the higher the chance of it working.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Adam Karonika 10/22/13 1:57 PM
Funny, I was trying to watch a series that had 25-35 minute long videos last night, one video completed by playing about 20-30 seconds of video then buffering for 30 seconds - 2 minutes, the other played for about five minutes this way, then buffered for around 15 minutes, then timed out and returned me to the main screen.  Luckily it was just for background noise and not something that I wanted to watch at full attention.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. ET1969 10/25/13 5:44 PM
I was having this constant buffering issue for quite some time, but I think I fixed it. I went in to the Wii data management menu and erased all the channels we don't ever use (including YouTube) and then erased all unnecessary save data (including YouTube). This gave us about 1400 open blocks on the Wii. Then I downloaded the YouTube Channel again. We watched a whole full-length movie without a single pause. I'm guessing that there just wasn't enough memory space on the system to hold more than about 30 seconds of video and opening up more blocks fixes the problem.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. DiegoBlackquill 11/2/13 8:20 PM
Wrong, the "blocks/free space" means nothing; streaming doesn't work that way.
This app just sucks.
If by any chance it uses like a cache feature then it would no doubt use the Wii chips MEM1 and MEM2 which should be enough for cache, thumbnails, etc.

1. It's quite noticeable that exiting the app either by going back to the Wii Menu or by shutting the console down will take longer than any other app/channel.

2. Selecting a video twice will get it to buffer quicker most of the time.

3. Correct me if I'm wrong but 640*480 videos don't play, instead their 480*360 version is used. Obviously for widescreen videos 360 is OK but for fullscreen videos it is unnecessary since the Wii renders at 640*480i/p

4. Oh look, this video has static as audio when played with the app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBbnkb93tWg

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Amee Brown 11/5/13 5:41 PM
I'm having the same problem.
This has been going on for months and it's ridiculous.
It was working fine when I first installed.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. ytBecca 11/8/13 4:50 PM
For those of you still having buffering issues on Wii, could you include a few video URLs that won't play? 
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Melamerri 11/8/13 5:06 PM
Here are a couple for us (but most buffer). It would be wonderful if YouTube could get this fixed. Since the update back in April we've all experienced this and it's not enjoyable to watch videos anymore. Thank you!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fikLwrUFGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzgENcC5GA0

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Amee Brown 11/8/13 5:50 PM
Pretty much every video, but here are some links:

http://youtu.be/S6HHCxLZftQ
http://youtu.be/MkvUNfySGQU
http://youtu.be/W-TE_Ys4iwM

all play for 30-60 seconds before buffering, and even 2-3 minute videos have to buffer at least 3 times.

YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. ابوحسن البديري 11/9/13 11:19 AM
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Logan Jefferson 11/9/13 1:09 PM
It began in August and has consistently gotten worse since then.  Instead of 30 seconds of play before buffering, I'm lucky to get 5.
I still have this issue since I made my original report, yes.
Whether it is from a channel I subscribe to, a playlist, a search result, or looking through my history, it does the same thing.
Every video.  There are no exceptions, and they can be from 30 seconds long to 2 hours, it does not matter.
We don't have a relatively high connection speed (under 5mps) and we live in an area of Indiana where it is the fastest and cheapest option we have.  We cannot afford anything else.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. ytBecca 11/11/13 10:20 AM
Thanks everyone for the additional info. I've reported this to our engineering team and will let you know when I have an update on the issue. Thanks for your patience. 
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 11/11/13 2:28 PM
ytBecca,

Could you provide daily updates?  We have been waiting for a fix for more than 7 months now.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 11/18/13 1:51 PM
I guess that's a no.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. realimbored668 11/18/13 4:17 PM
I've had similar problems, and now it got worse. As of 5:32 pm CST, trying to connect to YouTube via the YouTube for Wii app results in Error Code 372500. No matter how many times you use the Retry button, it still gives you the same pop up with the Error Code. YouTube works flawlessly on all computers in my house (excluding mine and the ones without an internet connection, mine is because I have web filtering software that completely blocks the site)
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Jon Bailey 11/20/13 1:30 AM
Same problems here.

If you could give us url's to test videos to try, we'd be happy to.

Wii, wifi, hi speed DSL. Unwatchable levels of buffering on many videos.

Some (>2mil views) videos don't exhibit the problem.

Is there any way to show diagnostic info for us?

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 11/20/13 7:47 AM
Watched 3 back to back last night at about 10 mins each.... no issue.  They were from "motortrend"

It is really hit and miss. More miss than hit though.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Niall Parker 11/21/13 10:33 PM
First time I've tried in a while, now the You Tube channel won't even load (continuous loading page with You Tube logo over top of "waiting" graphic)

Tried both wireless and wired connection, as usual the videos are fine on any of a wide range of laptops here.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Donald Avery 11/22/13 3:35 AM
the youtube channel wont even load on mine it starts up and wont load the app
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Donald Avery 11/22/13 3:35 AM
the YouTube channel wont even load on mine it starts up and wont load the app
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Spottedfeather 11/22/13 12:57 PM
I've noticed this, too. It's bad, because I've gotten into the habit of playing my MST3K playlist while I'm sleeping....
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Samantha T 11/22/13 3:30 PM
My youtube channel won't even open, it just loads forever..
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Russ K. 11/22/13 3:31 PM
Getting same "stuck in loading" scenario....
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Niall Parker 11/22/13 5:37 PM
Is the youtube channel on wii working for *anyone* at the moment ? ... it'd be nice to hear from google whether it is a problem to be fixed or just another thing the wii can't do anymore ...
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Michael Connell 11/22/13 6:16 PM
Another app loading forever experience here, all I get now is the loading screen....forever.
 So frustrating.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. oneman1 11/23/13 5:49 AM
could be because of this. Not sure

UK Internet Service Providers Are Blocking Streaming Sites
http://unemploymentmovement.com/forum/technology-and-the-internet/7777-uk-internet-service-providers-are-blocking-streaming-sites#29603

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 11/23/13 6:27 PM
I'm in NYC and the Wii YouTube channel will not start here either.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 11/24/13 3:08 PM
I am now able to use the YouTube channel.  I'll continue to report streaming problems as they occur.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Logan Jefferson 11/24/13 8:32 PM
Ever since my reply, for a few days it seemed as it it was getting better, then immediately got worse.  I can now watch maybe 2-5 videos flawlessly before it starts up, but this is a random occurrence, as 95% of the time, it is worse than it used to be.  I had the loading forever thing happen only once, but as soon as I reconnected my internet, it was fine.  There are times it will just skip certain videos in a playlist without even saying that it couldn't play them. These are videos with no privacy settings, or else I wouldn't be able to select them and view them.
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. tamil selvan anbu selcam 11/29/13 12:20 PM
Nowadays i hate this youtube...because if there is any video for 10 minutes, i have to spend 20 minutes to see that video...its getting more than 20 bufferings for 10 minutes video..
          please help me how can i watch it without buffering...please reply me
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. MiiWii 12/2/13 7:34 AM
I've given up using the Wii YouTube app. It just doesn't work.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. ytBecca 12/2/13 2:08 PM
Hi everyone - We recently released a fix intended to address these buffering issues on Wii. Could you let me know if you've seen any improvement with YouTube on Wii today? Thanks in advanced for your updates. 
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Michael Connell 12/2/13 4:34 PM
Mine seems to be playing ok. I notice a much longer wait on some vids before they start, which is a slight downer, but if that's the price I have to pay to stop repeated buffering so be it. My current speeds is just under 3mbps.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Melamerri 12/2/13 4:59 PM
Hi Becca,

When there's an update it always shows in the Wii Shopping Channels as such. No update is showing to be downloaded. But to give the benefit of the doubt I played one of a series of shows our family watches that had buffered since this ordeal started back in April when the update came out (that everyone had wished they never download lol) and as suspected it still buffers...so unfortunately nothing has changed. Here is the link to the show on the web in case you need it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orq_Tjpq458. Can you please make sure Google/YouTube or whoever needs to know is aware of it so they can post this update on the Wii Shopping Channels Network?

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 12/2/13 6:39 PM
ytBecca!!!!

Its bang on. Don't touch a thing. We have put on vevo tonight, and it has been flawless!!! Normally VEVO was one of the worst.

A little longer buffer time, but plays the whole video, every time!!! This is incredible.

You've restored faith in this google/youtube/android supporter. Thanks again.

Craig from Canada

I'm on Wii w/built in wifi, with a reasonable connection speed.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Melamerri 12/2/13 7:38 PM
I'm not sure to go as far as saying don't touch a thing. I'm happy that it's working for you Craig. But we didn't have a single buffering issue with YouTube on the Wii until this past April when they released an update - then everyone started having these issues. And the same shows/videos we watched on it back then - and now at a higher speed of 14-15 kbps - are still buffering tonight. Becca, what information do you need from each of us that we haven't provided already for them to get a fix for it? I'm from Minnesota. Sorry, I really don't want to cause any upset but it's not fair to not look at it any further because it's working fine for one person when another is still having problems. :(
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 12/2/13 8:58 PM
I'll try it again when I get home, but I've been watching videos in ultra HD for an hour before we left... and it was flawless.

Consider uninstalling your app and reinstalling? Check your wireless speed??

I'm on the latest version of black Wii with built in wifi before the Wii U was released.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Melamerri 12/3/13 8:28 AM
I could try uninstalling and reinstalling again. But I've done that before and it didn't help. I believe the only thing that will work when there's an update is to actually have Google/YouTube provide a download for an update. They did that once over the summer, but unfortunately that update didn't help. I did check my speed and it showed 14.9. So my speed's fine. I have an older Wii than you I believe (white).
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 12/3/13 10:04 AM
The thing I think you are mis-understanding is... they have not changed the app itself. Nintendo produces the app, not Youtube.  

The way I understand it - They changed their settings for the way Nintendo's Youtube app responds to Googles changed settings. No update or re-install should be needed.

I checked again when I got home, and again it was flawless. My recent Wii is not far from my wireless router, and even previous to this update worked on 40% of videos viewed.

Try hardwiring your Wii to your LAN and see if your issues continue. You may have 14.9 mbps from your computer at home, but if you have an older Wii with a large distance from the Wii to the router - your actual MBPS at the Wii might be 1/3 of that speed.

Thinking out loud... Would love to see how others did with the update - as I have not noticed a single hiccup.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Michael Connell 12/9/13 2:21 PM
The buffering is better for me, but the wait times are absurd now. I just timed the wait before a pbs games video started, and it was 25 seconds. That's excessive.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 12/9/13 6:38 PM
A week of use now, and ours is still fantastic. I have not had one buffering issue, and our load times are often only 5-10 seconds.

We have the latest "black" wii, with a fast wireless connection and a router which is close to the wii... we are excited to be back working 100%

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 12/16/13 8:39 PM
It is much improved, but I still see a lot of issues.  Several videos will not load.  Others buffer occasionally.
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Josh R Emerson 12/17/13 6:18 AM
Still doesn't work buffers on 30 sec videos!! I'm in Oklahoma
YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 12/17/13 8:01 AM
So after being flawless since the last update, I had issues last night.

I unplugged my wireless router/ internet hub. P lol urged it back in, Waite the minute for it to reboot. Shut off the Wii and back on.... hmmmm weird it WORKED again.

Still working for me

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Audrey P37 12/29/13 2:45 PM
my internet was down for a few days and I wrongly attributed the buffering of youtube on my WII to whatever that was. Now I can see it's youtube/WII that are causing the problem. It really sucks and like many of you youtube on my wii was my go to tv programming. Now if they don't fix this I'll find something else... reading? Watching in  my ipad? c'mon youtube/wii people, get this fixed already!!!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Audrey P37 12/29/13 2:45 PM
p.s I did try stopping and starting the program and in some cases that did help but not consistently.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 12/30/13 9:36 AM
p.s.  Mine still works fine. 100% like it should.  

It's been fantastic this holiday season.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. donald little 1/11/14 5:09 PM
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Madhu Anjanappa 1/25/14 8:13 AM
me too having same problem if pair from laptop to samsung TV, when i play more then 1hr movie with HD or not HD it won't play if i play like 30mints video it will play but not HD videos
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 2/4/14 3:00 PM
I am still having buffering issues.  Watching YouTube on the Wii is a horrible experience.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Karen Krasuk 2/12/14 4:00 PM
I have the same exact issue as everyone is describing. I was super excited to use YouTube on my Wii, and it is impossible. I watch YouTube on my iPad and computer via the same connection with no interruptions. However, on the Wii the video takes a long time to start, and then it buffers every 15 seconds for about one minute. It does this for every single video. It is not usable at this point. Any idea about an update to fix this? Was it purposeful to get people to obtain a different device?

Thanks,
Karen

Karen Krasuk 2/12/14 4:04 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. mdb47 2/21/14 8:50 AM
Attempting to view YouTube on the Wii totally sucks.  It is a horrible horrible horrible experience.  And, Google simply does not care to fix it.  It has been broken for nearly a year now.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. kaysha clarl 2/21/14 4:08 PM
How do you delete somthing on the wii
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. royalsharon 2/25/14 9:08 PM
Please fix this I have spent all trying the different solutions you told me to try. Very aggri aggrivating
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. hooligan Wallter 2/26/14 4:27 AM
mee too!
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. em sha 3/13/14 11:28 AM
Yo Jennie - Here we are almost a year later and we're still seeing the problem. I'm also having a problem with Closed Captioning. Even though it's turned off via settings/playback on both of my accounts, due to the fact that the CC NEVER matches the actual words, it's showing up on every video that actually plays on the Wii.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. nancy weatherup 3/16/14 4:46 PM
Just bought a Note 3 through Tmobile.
Watched Utube for short time aftrr activation of new phone on account.  Have had same account for years.

Now UTube doesn't even start. Just spins its wheels.  First sign of trouble before app became totally unusable was that video would play a few seconds then quit for a long period, play a few seconds, then  stop again and so on until I just gave up in disgust.
Can't beleive this has been going on for as long as I see by this forum it has!  I'll just get rid of the app and never try it again.

Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Philip Manuel 3/16/14 6:25 PM
This thread is a year old, and the app has not yet been fixed. In this day and age where technology is faster and more advanced, most companies would have gone out of business by now. Thanks for caring nintendo and Google...
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. [email address] 3/16/14 8:11 PM
Just checking in guys... Watched 3 hours of Youtube on our Black Wii last night. Not a hiccup, not a glitch. Some vids took longer to load than others.. The load time was a little longer than say on my Galaxy S3, but not bad! Built in Wifi in the Wii, and we even recently downgraded our internet speed (due to cost). I want those from Google reading this thread to see there is two sides to this story... Just please don't make mine worse :p
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. MiiWii 3/17/14 3:10 PM
It started working for me about 6 weeks ago.  I can't remember if it was the same time I change my router sadly. Anyway the playback works fine now the only difference being it takes about 90 seconds to buffer before it plays.
Re: YouTube on Wii keeps buffering. It won't load more than 30 seconds of video. Louis Romano 3/19/14 11:15 AM
same goes for xbox360, it must be that update....
More topics »