GREAT STUFF GUYS BUT.........

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
GREAT STUFF GUYS BUT......... DumblyBrilliant 7/15/12 9:45 AM
I love the new You Tube video editor but I have one wish. Please, please, please (OK, THAT'S THREE WISHES!) can you make a way to help clean up the audio in the video? I have tried and tried to do it at home and it is HELL. Just trying to figure out the programs that SAY they can do it is bad enough, without trying to understand how to separate the audio track, clean it up and sew it back on again.

Hey! We don't all have computer degrees out here in the real world.

Seriously though. This is one big problem when you are converting, say, from an old VHS low res recording to digital and the sound is awful and so full of BASS and distortion it cannot be heard. I have tried using Audacity and its great for stand alone stuff but useless as far as I can see for video audio. So, maybe a sound editor could be built that would strip out the audio, help to clean it up and then put it back without requiring two years in University to figure it out?

I know, I am wishing for the moon but who knows -- maybe a genius will read this and give us something that does not cost the earth to buy and only works on one operating system.

Re: GREAT STUFF GUYS BUT......... Videodave2 7/15/12 10:44 AM
On Sunday, July 15, 2012 12:45:58 PM UTC-4, DumblyBrilliant wrote:

I have tried using Audacity and its great for stand alone stuff but useless as far as I can see for video audio.

My experience is the oposite of yours as I frequently use Audacity when my video sound isn't all that good. But, there are serious limitations as to the degree of improvement possible with any editor.

So, maybe a sound editor could be built that would strip out the audio, help to clean it up and then put it back without requiring two years in University to figure it out

Considering how simplistic YouTube editor is compared to any offline editor, I seriously doubt that anything they decided to implement would be superior to Audacity. (Free download by the way)

Re: GREAT STUFF GUYS BUT......... DumblyBrilliant 7/15/12 11:44 AM
Well Dave.

Thank for your reply but I beg to differ. I pointed out that Audacity is great for stand alone audio but as for ripping the track from video and putting it back afterwards, it is useless. Unless I have missed something in that program I stand by that. It seems one needs another program to do that and all the ones I have seen cost the earth or are so complex they may as well be written in double-Dutch for someone like me and many more like me I suspect.

I DO agree with the limitations of sound editors though.

Re: GREAT STUFF GUYS BUT......... Videodave2 7/15/12 12:17 PM
On Sunday, July 15, 2012 2:44:05 PM UTC-4, DumblyBrilliant wrote:
Well Dave.

Thank for your reply but I beg to differ. I pointed out that Audacity is great for stand alone audio but as for ripping the track from video and putting it back afterwards, it is useless. Unless I have missed something in that program I stand by that. It seems one needs another program to do that

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that Audacity would be used to "rip" the track from the video, maybe it can, but I have never tried. I export the audio from my editor, then work on it in Audacity and then export back. There is never so much as a frame misalignment doing that. I edit on a Mac, so maybe other editors don't have an easy way to export audio, but, iMovie allows you to export all or more often a part of the audio in a variety of formats and I find Audacity just fine.