WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!!

Showing 1-20 of 20 messages
WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! im4cpro 3/27/10 9:10 AM
i want my old youtube back, even html5 doesn't work in the new youtube
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! mightylions1 3/27/10 8:51 PM
I agree.  YouTube needs to stick with the ratings and ditch the "Like-Dislike" buttons.  They will be constantly abused.
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! pat1234512345 4/4/10 10:25 PM
i like the stare system better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! jakelikestosmile 4/5/10 12:32 AM
I believe Youtube made this change as well over 90% of votes were either 1 or 5 stars.
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! Keicho Nijimura 4/5/10 12:40 AM
@jakelikestosmile 87% of the votes, according to google.
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! spiritualcat 4/5/10 12:46 AM
I rather the old rating system. Too bad some people didn't use it properly.

I hope youtube goes back to it because it was a better way of locating the best videos. Now you actually have to watch a load of crap before finding well done videos. Shame too a real shame.
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! M23 4/5/10 1:37 AM
that % is bull. i know a lot of peole rated 3 stars as well sometimes 2 and 4
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! Keicho Nijimura 4/5/10 3:13 AM
i made full use of every star, myself.   being rather stingy with giving out 5-stars on videos unless i genuinely liked it, same goes for 1-star, unless i felt it that bad.. it would average 2-3 at best, most i thought were good would get 4-stars generally.
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! jakelikestosmile 4/5/10 4:03 AM
@Keicho Nijimura I believe 87% was 5 stars and then a few percent more for 1 star. But correct me if I'm wrong - I could be.

@M23 Whether you like the new layout or not, I'm fairly sure the percentage is right. I don't see any reason why they would lie about it.

@Spirtiualcat I agree with you on this one - hopefully they'll make it so you can see ratings before watching.
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! Keicho Nijimura 4/5/10 4:05 AM
google themselves said only 13% used 2, 3, and 4 star.. implying the remaining 87% was between 1 and 5 stars.
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! jakelikestosmile 4/5/10 4:20 AM
@Keicho Nijimura Ah, thank you! 
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! M23 4/5/10 5:15 AM
even so there was no need to take the stars away just because of that...does it cost them extra money to keep the stars people didnt use as much? geez
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! jakelikestosmile 4/5/10 5:20 AM
@M23 At first youtube released the 87% fact on their blog, and if you look at the comments of that blog post you can see that the user's themselves were the ones who suggested a like/dislike featuring and decided they would want that.
At that stage, very few people said "I want it to stay with stars!".

So that is why they did it.
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! akmerrick 4/9/10 6:03 AM
I don't care why they changed it, it  doesn't change the fact that it sucks and needs to be changed back to 5 star rating.  Btw I don't believe their stats, they are just trying to cover their tracks.  Rarely would I come upon an all 5-star video unless it is popular music video
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! brucebossa 4/11/10 4:14 PM
The like - dislike system is horrible.  I do hope these responses are noted and they return to stars.  Or just cut out ratings completely and leave comments only.
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! Micheus 5/2/10 10:36 AM
There is a "stupid" bug in this new ratings system: I can rating my own video! Once, but I can. (In that "stars" system I couldn't - that is the right)
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! jakelikestosmile 5/8/10 7:10 AM
@brucebossa You'd honestly prefer no ratings than like/dislikes?
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! CaptainSiberia 5/8/10 2:39 PM
I've been telling them over and over that I want the old star system back. I don't give a shit what percentage of clicks the middle ratings got. In fact, nobody who used the service gave a shit. One more time, YouTube. Put the star ratings back before I have to come to your god damn houses and rape all of you.
Re: WTF NEW YOUTUBE/LIKE AND DISLIKE SUCKS!!! jakelikestosmile 5/9/10 8:59 AM
@CaptainSiberia I'm not trying to criticse your opinion or anything, but what exactly is it about the like/dislike system you dislike?
This message has been hidden because it was flagged for abuse.