Is it possible to delete old posts from old Deja News Group archives from 14 years ago?

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Is it possible to delete old posts from old Deja News Group archives from 14 years ago? Tara Bains 8/13/13 4:26 PM
When I was younger I dumbly admin'd and posted in an old deja news group under a rather unique username that at the time didn't think about the potential of it coming back to haunt me. The group contained "adult" literature.

This was in 1999/2000. To this day when I search that username (that I still use for more family friendly things) and click on the Discussions search, some potentially embarrassing topics show up prominently on the results list.

Is it even possible to get the old posts or references to the username on the archived posts deleted? It's a word I made up a long time ago that no one else in the world has used.

It's been 14 years. I don't remember the login info for the deja groups. I'm even using a false name to write this question. That's how embarrassed I am about the particular group that's sat dormant for over a decade.

I realize this might not be the best place to ask, but there's no Google Groups support forum whatsoever.

Re: Is it possible to delete old posts from old Deja News Group archives from 14 years ago? david.king 8/14/13 8:25 AM
Tara,

Try going through the troubleshooter.

Cheers
David