Categories: Making and Receiving Calls :

"This is an invalid number" for previously called International numbers

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
"This is an invalid number" for previously called International numbers rssarma 5/3/12 10:26 AM
Hi,

I've been using GV for a while and generally when I call an international number from my phone with the necessary international codes, the call goes through fine with the pre-announcement of the rate and the call connects. Since yesterday, the same numbers that I've been dialing, refuse to connect and I get a message saying, "This is an invalid number". A quick call on the history section in GV on the web portal shows that the although I'm dialing the complete number from my phone, for some reason, GV is seeing only some of the numbers, which probably is the reason the number appears as invalid.

This issue has popped up suddenly since yesterday, but a quick search reveals that several others have seen the same issue. Any updates and is anyone else noticing this issue? I'd really like some help here.

P.S. I'm upset about not having a proper support mechanism from Google for a paid service.
Re: "This is an invalid number" for previously called International numbers alphahmed 5/3/12 2:47 PM
I had exactly the same problem. I was on the phone with Sprint the whole day. I argued with them a lot about it. They said that it is google's problem and they don't want to deal with it.

I hoe google would provid a good explanation AND A SOLUTION.
Re: "This is an invalid number" for previously called International numbers rssarma 5/3/12 2:59 PM
This is a GV issue and Google needs to solve it, its despicable that there is no real support for a paid service from a company such as Google!
Re: "This is an invalid number" for previously called International numbers yvplisa 5/3/12 3:34 PM
I am having the same issue.  GV works if you initiate the call from your computer and have it call your cell but if you dial direct it either says the call cannot be completed or that the number is invalid.  Any ideas of how to report the problem to Google?
Re: "This is an invalid number" for previously called International numbers MrBossHKG 5/3/12 5:50 PM
Having exactly the same problem with the international calling and getting  "NOT A VALID NUMBER" recording. It worked perfectly for almost a full year until this morning, Thursday, 3 May 2012 at about 0500 hours. I think if we all start refunding our calling balance amounts to our credit card then Google may get off their rear end and do something about the problem.
Re: "This is an invalid number" for previously called International numbers rssarma 5/4/12 10:39 AM
Yes, if you initiate the call from the GV website and have it call your phone, it works, but it isn't working from the phone. So far no resolution, this is extremely frustrating!
Re: "This is an invalid number" for previously called International numbers rssarma 5/7/12 6:16 AM
So far no resolution to this yet, the call does seem to go through now, and I don't get an invalid number message, but a quick look at the call history on the GV portal reveals that the last two digits are still being dropped off. I'm successfully able to dial through the web app on my iPhone though.

Quick question, is everyone else here on Sprint with an iPhone as well??
Re: "This is an invalid number" for previously called International numbers MrBossHKG 5/7/12 8:50 AM
I am on Sprint, using Motorola Photon 4G Android phone. I have disabled the Sprint integration and used the "workaround" suggested earlier to get the dialer to send all digits when calling  internationally, which for me requires 11 to 14 digits, depending on destination.

I miss the Sprint integration feature, but this workaround is the next best thing.

I really am hoping for the experts to solve this problem soon. I am very hesitant to add any more money to my account balance if the service is so shoddy and not reliable or remains unusable. I have other options and will send Google packing if they cannot deliver what I am paying for.