Categories: Fix a problem or issue :

Showing 1-237 of 271 messages
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Juan Millán K. 3/8/13 4:03 PM
Hi all:

Since last night around 11 PM CST, the Google Maps app (4.5.3) in my Blackberry device was signed out of my Google account, thus leaving my starred places and latitude friends out of sight; however, the maps and my location are still available.
Now, every time I try to log in, it prompts "You have logged into your Google account...", and seconds later it changes from "into" to "out of".
Everything is normal when I log in through my computer.
I hope this issue is solved very soon by our friends in Google.

Regards.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Faye Davies 3/8/13 4:22 PM
I already posted to say - I have exactly the same problem, as do my partner and mother, but my message was deleted...
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Faye Davies 3/8/13 4:23 PM
This is clearly a worldwide BB issue - any response Google?

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Masnor 3/8/13 4:23 PM
The same happened to me.  Earlier today I was offered a security check requesting my mobile number for notifications about my Google account.  I needed to change the number so i could get txt msgs.  I got the code by email, entered it and everything works on pc.  But not on the BB googlemaps/Latitude.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 3/8/13 5:12 PM
If it is a Blackberry issue then you do need to ask Blackberry.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 3/8/13 5:32 PM
Sorry guys but just found there are problems (slightly different) on other phones so I'm trying to find out more for you.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device ddingle1 3/8/13 5:39 PM
I am having the same problems with my BB 9930.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device MANU KAPILA 3/8/13 6:58 PM
Yes this is the problem i am also facing since last 24 hours. I have tried to change the BB handset however the problem remains the same. It logs in and then in a few seconds it logs out. its really frustrating if technology from a point of being an enabler for performance becomes a hindrance. hope this is resolved because none other devices have the same flexibility.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Khalid Reza 3/8/13 9:24 PM
same problem with bb 8900 from yesterday. 
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Faye Davies 3/8/13 10:20 PM
I imagine The C Man, if everyone on BB is having the issue it's a Google issue WITH bbs, don't make idiot statements. I imagine you are an iPhone user....this is a GOOGLE issue....make sure you get your facts right.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Faye Davies 3/8/13 10:20 PM
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Miss daisies 3/9/13 1:14 AM
Same problem here - relieved its not just me :)
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Wilson Benedict 3/9/13 3:23 AM
I also have the same issue since the last 24 hours, i'm on BB 9300 and from Malaysia. Please, anyone..HELP!!!
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Wilson Benedict 3/9/13 3:23 AM
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Khalid Reza 3/9/13 4:06 AM
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/9/13 6:33 AM
I am having exactly the same issue. I talked to my carrier (Rogers) and there comment was that Google was strating to now support apps on OS 7.. Hopefully it will start working again
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device MightyFine 3/9/13 7:32 AM
I just spoke to Blackberry support via AT&T.  They confirmed a problem with Google Maps.  They said it is expected to be fixed but I wasn't given a time estimate.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Khalid Reza 3/9/13 9:42 AM
Google map V3 is working for me. i uninstalled v4 then installed v3. BB8900 os5
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Khalid Reza 3/9/13 9:47 AM
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device C Norden 3/9/13 5:13 PM
Same issue here as well, started at about the same time.

Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device teja12 3/9/13 9:01 PM
Google and BB are Multinational companies and software and hardware giants. But look at the time they take to resolve this issuue.unbelievable!!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Charbel Hajj 3/9/13 9:47 PM
Where from can I download V3?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Charbel Hajj 3/9/13 9:53 PM
Same prob here, hope Google will fix it soon. The dropbox link at the end of the discussion is not working for downloading gmaps version 3
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Khalid Reza 3/9/13 10:03 PM
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Khalid Reza 3/9/13 10:19 PM
Gmap v3 is a temporary solution only for "latitude" users like me. Other users like starred places do not work in gmap V3
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device [email address] 3/9/13 11:20 PM
I also have the exact same problem. My partner and my father and my cousin use it for security problems. We all have different bb's.
(unknown) 3/9/13 11:20 PM <This message has been deleted.>
(unknown) 3/9/13 11:21 PM <This message has been deleted.>
(unknown) 3/9/13 11:22 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 3/10/13 5:06 AM
Please look at MightyFine's reply above. This may not only be a Google problem and I spoke to a BB developer last week who hinted very strongly BB and Google work together on a lot of stuff so take it easy on Google and watch the Black/Crack/berry fora as well.

There is no war between Blackberry and Google as there appears to be as far as another company and Google are concerned.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device sorinakis 3/10/13 6:25 AM
+1 same problem here
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device teja12 3/10/13 11:01 AM
Guys!! do we hope the prob tobe resolved or ditch BB coz on evry other damn phone GM and GL and working Fantastic!!
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device teja12 3/10/13 11:01 AM
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device teja12 3/10/13 11:02 AM
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device teja12 3/10/13 11:02 AM
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device teja12 3/10/13 11:03 AM
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device teja12 3/10/13 11:03 AM
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Neha choudhary 3/10/13 11:21 AM
Same problem with me too
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/10/13 12:08 PM
If you read the forum and don't post 9 times you will notice threads that Android users were having issues as well and network complaints were coming from AT&T in the US and Rogers in Canada.. My Berry works and nothing has changed on it in the last 48 hours. I can access maps and Latitude through my PC on this account so it is not a Google issue but more of a network issue dealing with authentication.. The challenge is there is no such thing as Google support. Rogers says its not them. BB says the same thing but somewhere along the line someone has updated a switch or a server and screwed every one up.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/10/13 2:01 PM
Just lost all of my "friends" via the web gadget embedded in my browser.. Can't blame this on BB or the carriers.. This looks like its 100% Google
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device James Hagist 3/10/13 6:05 PM
Anyone heard anything about a possible fix?  Still broken on 3-10 and the issue remains the same.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Hanindyo Notohatmodjo 3/10/13 6:36 PM
Turns out I'm not alone. phew. Hoping they can resolve it very soon. 

H.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device [email address] 3/11/13 12:50 AM
I've tried that link and when I go to open it says unsupported link. Can't read.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Christian Wolfbauer 3/11/13 3:58 AM
Hello I am having the same Problem! It is still not working on the Blackberry!

Please find a solution. Thanks a lot
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Stasio 3/11/13 4:48 AM
Same problem in south-america
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device markacox 3/11/13 5:04 AM
Same issue South UK - BB 9900 Software 7.1 Network EE. Google Maps version 4.5.3
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/11/13 7:20 AM
Google Latitude "gadget" is now frozen for PC access so its not just wireless. No real time data is available except my own and the system will not allow me to "arrow" to my other contacts. The gadget is frozen in Chrome and Firefox. If I launch the app by maximizing the gadget then I only see a bigger gadget but no users. If I click on my own profile then I can see other users who I can share location with but I can not expand them by clicking on their profiles. The last data update I got was Saturday around 3 EST. The system says this users position was accurate as of "1 day ago".. It was actually closer to 2 days
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Neha choudhary 3/11/13 10:44 AM
Any solution?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/11/13 12:40 PM
Usually the problem gets fixed when local media starts to talk about Google having service issues. I see from here we have Canada, the US, the UK, South Africa etc etc,,, any one got media contacts..

Also normally someone from Google would post something in the forum but after 2 days nothing
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Jane Salmon 3/11/13 1:19 PM
Same problem with all of our various models of blackberry here in UK on orange, T-mobile and Three. We have about 5 in our family. Only work after uninstall of google maps 4.5.3 and downloading v3. Is anyone from Google going to post an acknowledgement of the problem??
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Pedro 3/11/13 1:55 PM
Same thing for me here in Sao Paulo, Brazil, since last week (thursday 7th) .

I log in with my correct credentials, but just a few seconds later, i'm out again, as if I had logged out.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Abby - Google Community Manager 3/11/13 2:02 PM
Hi all,
Thanks so much for letting us know about the issues you are having.  We’re looking into this and appreciate your patience.
Abby

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Jide Awe 3/11/13 2:04 PM
Same issue! I sign-in, I am then automatically signed out. Started experiencing this last night around 9pm. 

I have a Blackberry Torch on TMo network. 

Hurry Up BB 10!!!
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device ChicagoMike75 3/11/13 3:24 PM
I can no longer log into latitude on my Blackberry Torch 9800, this started March 8th as well.  I just uninstalled and re-installed the app after thinking it was the location I just travelled to.  I'm glad I found this thread. I rely on Latitude on my Blackberry daily.  Please fix this.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device NatLiv 3/11/13 4:14 PM
Finally!!! An alive Google person! Abby, thank you for replying. We are desperate here, as you can see... Hope it will be solved soon.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/11/13 4:19 PM
OK, that was funny.. I was waiting for someone to actually figure out that Google had opened a trouble ticket. Its also not the first time this has happened..
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device ojjames 3/11/13 6:28 PM
i know google is probably pissed that bb10 went with another native map app, but please think about the rest of us who still depend on the google map's connectivity in our everyday lives 
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Vadiraj Meghlal 3/11/13 7:14 PM
I have been having the same problem as listed here, but I ain't ditching my BB!  I hope Abby and team would fix the problem soon.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device NOLAKjun BB Bold 3/11/13 7:34 PM
Thanks for the acknowledgment Abby.  For the record I have had the same problem on a BB 9900 that's less than a year old running OS  v7.1.0.694, platform 5.1.0.507.  My issue started early in the day of March 8, 2013 when Google Maps on my phone would not display my starred items on the map. I pulled the battery to reset the phone in hopes of fixing this and some other issues the device was having (locking up). Ever since it came up again it hasn't displayed my saved/starred items and I have been unable to log into Google Maps or Lattitude.

Simone
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Rangga Djati 3/11/13 8:42 PM
Yep having this problem since 2 days ago. Waiting for the fix. I think it's a worldwide problem. I'm in Indonesia
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Last X 3/11/13 9:26 PM
This is a problem on Google's end affecting blackberries worldwide.

waiting for a fix.

thanks

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Titu_Leopad 3/12/13 1:48 AM
Same problem here also on my bb 9790....this is really frustrating.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Esther Lovett 3/12/13 3:17 AM
It seems its only Blackberry phones (again Blackberry)! But it has affected my main account on desktop ... all friends are gone ... wonder how soon can i get rid of Blackberry .... 
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Sundeep Bajaj 3/12/13 3:56 AM
same here. I don't know why these things happening...
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device snappy99 3/12/13 5:37 AM
Same here, with my 9930!  D*** Google.  It's been months (maybe years?) since my G-Talk stopped being reliable- it logs me off but shows that I'm signed in, so I don't get my messages.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/12/13 6:12 AM
Just wanted to re-state.. Most of us are Berry users here but the latitude-maps app is also failing on web browsers and on  Android phones according to some posts. You won't get a lot of iPhone users here as they live in their own ecosystem but the problem is not just Berry specific....
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Joseph Deepak 3/12/13 7:22 AM
I have a android an iPhone and a blackberry and Google latitude isn't working only on the blackberry.
in rest of them it is working fine.

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Patrick Billings 3/12/13 9:16 AM
Experiencing the same problem on my BB 9930 (v7.1.0.755). Google Maps (4.5.3) logs off almost immediately. Google Talk (3.0.0.23) works fine. I do use app-specific passwords. 

I did notice the integrated Gmail account on my PlayBook kept logging out also. That seems to be stable now.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/12/13 11:37 AM
I got tired of waiting for a response from either Google or BlackBerry so I notified the Globe and Mail which is Canada's leading national. I suspect if you all post something to your own local media then the PR types at Google and BlackBerry will be forced to respond and in turn define if: they are dumping support for Latitude on non BB10 platforms, trying to push us in a disastrous manner to their own Maps application like Apple tried, or just simply defining incredibly bad customer service. When the company doesn't respond to its clients it usually does to the financial press.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device NOLAKjun BB Bold 3/12/13 11:45 AM
If you will read up you will see that a Google employee responded to us all just yesterday and said they're working on the problem.  When these types of problems occur it takes a lot of time to track down the cause and come up with a fix, it won't be instant no matter how many calls you make to the newspapers.  And keep in mind that this product is free so they're not going to recoup the cost of this fix.
(unknown) 3/12/13 12:45 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 3/12/13 8:50 PM
Shawn,

Look up for the white g on a blue background (Abby) and please read her comment.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 3/12/13 8:55 PM
snappy,

Does your comment have anything to do with Google Maps? Do you have the latest Blackberry OS in your phone? Please go to BlackBerry - Updates for the latest version.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device gordy sands 3/13/13 2:46 AM
Me too!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Christian Doense 3/13/13 2:53 AM
Same issue here on a Dutch BB 9800 on OS6. Reverted back to GMaps v3 to keep my Latitude working. Will try to reinstall the latest version this afternoon. Will keep you posted...
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device laurent germain 3/13/13 3:23 AM
Ota link to v3?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Christian Doense 3/13/13 3:30 AM
Hi Laurent, no OTA link, but here's the info you're looking for?
PS. Can be found halfway in this forum.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Sharon McCusker 3/13/13 4:27 AM
V3 is working for me, thanks! I put the v3 folder on the media card as suggested, then went to the media folder on my torch and used menu - explore.  
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device laurent germain 3/13/13 6:06 AM
I went back to v3
It works

If I reinstall latest version, then it disconnects again,

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Christian Doense 3/13/13 6:53 AM
I have also tried to reinstall 4.5.3. and it gave the old problem again. Now I have re-re-installed V3 and I am back online on Latitude. (but still not happy ;-)
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device B Lee 3/13/13 6:54 AM
I'm having the same problem.  The folks at the AT&T store are baffled and can't help me fix it.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Tatum Poole 3/13/13 9:28 AM
I am having the same issue on by BB Torch - my wife has an iPhone 5 and she is also having issues, she can't even log into Latitude, but background updates appear to still be functioning.  Clearly this is a Google Issue.

Has anyone heard updates from Google?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device lisa saitz 3/13/13 1:00 PM
as am i,  is there any solution yet????  i called google and spoke to a rep, they said they were not aware of problem and to go online to this site and post my problem.... lol not any help at all
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Bill Kerney, Jr. 3/13/13 1:19 PM
I am having the same issues! Is it a Google or Blackberry malfunction?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Christian Doense 3/13/13 1:23 PM
I would say a Google issue. Because the older version is working fine. So BB is still allowing traffic for e.g. Latitude.

BTW, anyone got a JAD file for an older version than v4.5.3 but newer than v3?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Michael Twomey 3/13/13 2:45 PM
I have the same issues on my BB 9930 and pretty much the same on my IPad3!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Will Kim 3/13/13 5:25 PM
Same here. 
I use the Latitude functionality every day.
Not to mention my star/poi's and saved maps...
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Will Kim 3/13/13 5:25 PM
This person claims to have a work-around to get it working again...
(unknown) 3/13/13 8:27 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device zachgeo 3/13/13 9:48 PM
Same problem(s) as everyone else, for several days now, on my BB Torch 9800 using AT&T.  Installing v3 worked, but the same problems cropped up when I then overlaid v4.  Going back to just v3, which is not a real solution.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Le Trung 3/14/13 7:52 AM
I am in Vietnam, same problem.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/14/13 8:52 AM
It is a Google issue and not a Berry one and there is no conspiracy to penalize BlackBerry. The application started to fail in December and on a more noticeable basis on Saturday. People here have a sort of hack work around which if you are sophisticated you can enable but realistically I would wait on Google to fix. The fix is deleting the current version of maps and installing version 3.

As most of us have figured out Google is a little hard to reach from the "service" perspective but they really pay attention when lots of people complain. A Google person is aware of the issue but if you have any friends who work for a telco, Blackberry or Google (or the media) complain to them and then Google will respond faster. Its pretty basic, Complaining to your wireless provider forces them to create a trouble ticket and eventually they will get "ticked" and notify Google as well. Someone changed an API and they didn't test it and now they have to figure out what will break next when they revert to the old interface.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device rovert43 3/14/13 12:10 PM
Why is it that blackberry issues are put on the back burner, when can we expect this to be fixed?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Dave Yadron 3/14/13 6:43 PM
My brother and I are both experiencing exactly the same issues with Latitude. When logging in, it accepts my name......however, my password is not accepted. I have tried to sign on with 3 different Google accounts......alas, no joy.  We have 9780's running OS 6. Mine is a Rogers phone on ATT and my brother's is a Tmobile phone. We both use Latitude frequently and really miss it. It appears that everything else about Google Maps is performing as designed.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Alexandre Elias 3/14/13 8:36 PM
It´s happening with me here in Brazil as well
I´ve try to install the old version of google maps app, but it´s not available
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Decoygrandpa 3/15/13 8:07 AM
Mandy.............I have a friend on a BB thru US Cellular.........her Google Maps Latitude is working fine.  I and a few others are on Verizon and they still are not working.   Seems hit and miss.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device jaloo 3/15/13 12:28 PM
it is high time like almost 7 days, who ever ie google or blackberry needs to solve should put some time line, cause both will loose as for people like me are waitin to buy z10 bb will now wait or go of samsung s4 and on bb and others people will start moving to other platform so google learn it from your success from yahoo as yahoo interupted people moved to you and got use to so never went back.

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device PicasaDrive 3/15/13 3:09 PM
It is really frustrating that Google is taking so long to fix this issue. I had so many addresses on my Google maps, which I can't see now without having access to a laptop.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Nicholas Haffen 3/15/13 4:53 PM
Really annoyed that it's still not working. I had maps to import tonight. Can't view them from my phone now. I don't care about latitude, but I want my places and personalized maps back!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Marguerite Swart 3/15/13 11:52 PM
Damn this is frustrating!! Could not find my wife when i needed.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Marguerite Swart 3/15/13 11:52 PM
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Decoygrandpa 3/16/13 3:53 PM
Google says they are working on it.   But that was days ago.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Nico Prinsloo 3/17/13 2:12 AM
Something I noticed on a number of forums: people complain themselves to exhaustion, then a Google employee posts that they are aware and looking into the matter. And that is all you see or hear from Google
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device NKGjai 3/17/13 8:30 AM
Is there any alternate to this.I read on some forum that some old version of google map is still working fine .
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Ray_78 3/17/13 10:33 AM
Same for me aswell. I had a similar problem 3 month back but it was related to Google two factors authentification. 
I've created a specific password for my BB Torch 9800 Gmap account and got the succesfull logged on message - I could also see it on the web page so it was fine - but few minutes later .. it was like if I was no longer logged in/

HELP
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Trevor ee Jones 3/18/13 5:07 AM
I have exactly the some problem and have been struggling for a week or so to fix it, have even tried generating a new google account but this doesn't work either
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device laurent germain 3/18/13 6:12 AM
The only working solution is to go back to gmaps v3

It is possible to do it OTA

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device JC61 3/18/13 8:42 AM
I have the same issue on my Bold 9900 Google Maps version 4.5.3 and I first noticed around the same time as all the other posters.  I can sign in OK but then it signs me out about 2 seconds later.

I travel extensively with work and starred items are a critical tool for me with my BlackBerry - please fix this.  Many thanks.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Deepu Thomas 3/18/13 9:49 AM
Hello Abby D
Has there been any updates? its been close to a week and issue still persists .. do you have any timelines on when this could be resolved?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Sorensen Khaleefa 3/18/13 11:23 PM
any updates on this issue? same problem here in malaysia, i'm using curve 9300 with OS6. i've downgraded to GMaps v3 since and it worked great so far.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device [email address] 3/19/13 11:36 AM
I've tried downloading V3 and nothing works at all. My phone tells me it can't read the download for V3. Damn system still not working. So what now?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device ddingle1 3/19/13 12:52 PM
I was able to install Google Maps V3 from link supplied by a poster to  this thread on my BB 9930 with BBSAK and Latitude is now working as before. Good to go for now
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device ian salmon 3/19/13 3:03 PM
Is there any update on this issue? Like many, I have been quietly waiting for a fix. We use many blackberry phones on different networks and all are suffering with the same login failure. Is it a permissions error? 
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/19/13 4:25 PM
is this Dave Dingle from Trenton???

Hey Dave !!!!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Stefan le Roux 3/19/13 11:31 PM
I'm also experiencing this issue, is anybody looking into it? From South Africa.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Vijoy Varghese 3/20/13 2:16 AM
Another BB Soul with same issue :-(
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Laurent Hofmann 3/20/13 4:04 AM
Same issue (bb 9900, france)
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device trying to hide from big brother doesn't work 3/20/13 10:32 AM
Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device sk08 3/20/13 1:01 PM
Is Google really looking into this problem? Find it hard to understand that there have been no updates/ solution after more than a week.
(unknown) 3/20/13 3:26 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device s.c.smith4 3/21/13 2:21 AM
Google has acknowledged it - on March 15 - but they've done nothing to fix it.
The workaround doesn't work for a lot more people than I first thought too - have a look a couple of pages up and see if it helps you. Sadly didn't for me.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/21/13 7:26 AM
The reality is that no one is planning to respond.. My suggestion?

If you have any media contacts have them query Google. For the media its a story and Google will respond to them. If they don't then its a story and if Google is dropping BB access to maps then we will atleast we know whats going on and frankly that will impact my decision to acquire a Q10. Maps was about the only app I used on my 9900

To us its frustration, to the media its a story and to Google we are obviously a what ever. I have posted on Crackberry and no one has a clue. I have posted on the Blackberry Facebook page and no one has responded. I have contacted the Globe and Mail and Reuters in Canada and no response from their Berry columnists.. Here.. the answer is self evident... nothing

If you want an answer I would suggest contacting a friend at the media. I tried.. no luck
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Christian Doense 3/21/13 7:31 AM
Isn't it a good idea for us all to go onto Twitter and ask Google what's going on?
Unless someone has a better hashtag, please use #FailGoogleMaps.
This way the communication is open for everyone to see, maybe that will get Google moving...?
Do we all agree? :-)
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Christian Wolfbauer 3/21/13 7:33 AM
It is getting a very serious Problem right now! I try every day to give it a shot for the login, but I and all of my friends already started to get different latitude plattforms from different providers! Right now we still hope Google fixes this issue!

I dont know why google is not fixing this issue, the only problem is, it will loose a lot of users going to different plattforms!

I still hope google fixes that asap
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device not_Aaron 3/21/13 7:33 AM
I say do it!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/21/13 7:36 AM
No issue here.. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use twitter.. where is my daughter when I need her :-)
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Christian Doense 3/21/13 7:39 AM
Done, the first tweet has been made. "And now we wait"
[quote]
Google Maps on Blackberry is not working anymore since 8th of March 2013. Google doesn't seem to make any action on this. #FailGoogleMaps
[/quote]

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Christian Doense 3/21/13 8:11 AM
I see multiple tweets appearing. Good work guys! :-) Keep 'm coming!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Johnny D 245 3/22/13 8:18 AM
Abby D,

When can we expect a fix? 

thank you!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Decoygrandpa 3/22/13 9:02 AM
Status Update????   Target date for fix??
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device ddingle1 3/23/13 6:44 AM
I have just noted my Google Voice application has lost connection to the server(on my 9930 BB) as well. I wonder if Google and Blackberry are having a big falling out? Also it seems  coincident with the introduction of the new 10 series Blackberrys in the USA.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 3/23/13 7:11 AM
ddingle,

How could you suggest such a thing?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device ddingle1 3/23/13 8:49 AM
arjenanders just opened a thread on the Google voice forum indicating his Google Voice was not working on his Blackberry either. He also mentioned rumour that Google had termintanted support for Blackberry on Google Voice as of Friday March 22nd. I use Google Voice and Maps extensively with my BB. Not sure what direction to take if this is not resolved.
(unknown) 3/23/13 3:09 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device cman3 3/23/13 3:10 PM
Maybe we need to tell BBRY how important it is for them to help resolve this quickly?  how best to do this?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device s.c.smith4 3/24/13 7:09 AM
So you've asked lots of people to come here and log their issue - and no word of a fix, or even any acknowledgment from anyone but you. Are we just spitting into the wind here?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device s.c.smith4 3/24/13 7:17 AM
Just found this (my emphasis):

Modifying and Terminating our Services

We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.

You can stop using our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. Google may also stop providing Services to you, or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.

We believe that you own your data and preserving your access to such data is important. If we discontinue a Service, where reasonably possible, we will give you reasonable advance notice and a chance to get information out of that Service.

So can we at least have a way to download our map info - directions, starred places etc - into a file compatible with other services?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Александр Боев 3/24/13 9:42 AM
Same trouble on blackberry 9900
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device rbaeuchler 3/24/13 10:48 AM
Also having the same problem since about the same time. Did you find a solution?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Александр Боев 3/24/13 11:14 AM
i installed gmaps vers. 3.0
latitude is working okay
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device JC61 3/24/13 12:07 PM
But I gather that the functionality for starred items is not present in 3.0 - is that correct?  All I want are my starred items back.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/24/13 12:21 PM
I think the sad reality is that if you use Google maps on a Blackberry you are pooched. There has been no response from Blackberry or Google.. If you go to http://maps.google.com/help/maps/helloworld/index.html you will see maps for Android and iPhone but no BlackBerry. I think the reality is that it is no longer offerred. No response on FaceBook from BB or on twitter to #failgooglemaps.

I just wish someone from Google would step up to the plate in the name of customer service and offer a solution or comment at least
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device jaloo 3/24/13 8:53 PM
It is so shamefull of Google and Blackberry to be silent on this. Google did reply "we are looking in it". I think that was unauthorised response. If google and bb have problem let them say that. I am surprised that this whoel issue is nowhere in any media, amazing as when ios 6  failed on maps it was all over in media and immediately they gave option to download google map apps ...that is being coustomer service. BB it is real shame ..I was a big fan off bb and was planning to buy Z10 but now its iphone or galaxy 4..still will give BB 10 days to workout
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device jaloo 3/24/13 8:53 PM
(unknown) 3/24/13 9:49 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device NatLiv 3/25/13 8:18 AM
In case you need to just see your starred placed through PC, you can go here - https://www.google.com/bookmarks/
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Charbel Hajj 3/25/13 8:59 AM
Are using a BlackBerry fone?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device JC61 3/25/13 9:17 AM
NatLiv thanks but I meant that I need my starred items on my BB - i.e. I need this login issue in 4.5.3 fixed.  I use them extensively on both PC and BB so am good with the PC bookmarks URL.  Cheers.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device NatLiv 3/25/13 9:47 AM
JC61, me too. Still monitoring this thread for the fix. But loosing my hopes. And in so many years of using BB, will probably switch to android. Very soon..
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device w wreckor 3/25/13 7:26 PM
RIM pay so much money for BB app Dev. I prefer RIM pay google for map! You right , what a shame for RIM and Google
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 3/25/13 9:36 PM
RIM is now Blackberry. It was changed with the issue of the Z10.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device jaloo 3/27/13 11:21 AM
one request on post pl dont post saying i have the same problem... the fact is it is a worldwde google/bb problem of getting logged out...SAY google /bb have forgotten what is customer service they should be decent enough to repond not a single resonse just one b google saying we are looking into it that was 15 days back,,,, which world are google and bb living in 
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device cman3 3/27/13 11:41 AM
a very good point!  why are bb and google not saying anything at all?   is this part of some agreement that they have between them...?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Will Kim 3/27/13 12:04 PM
What agreement? This is a Google-written app, using a Google-provided service..

This is purely on Google to address (or not address...)

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Jeffrey Asik 3/27/13 12:04 PM
Hi Abby, can you provide any update on the Google Maps/Latitude on BlackBerry v4.5.3 login issue? Thank you!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device cman3 3/27/13 1:03 PM
why hasnt BB said that they have asked Google to look into this....?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device cman3 3/27/13 1:05 PM
why is BB silent on this???  this doesnt look very good for them... does it?   do they have no clout with google?  have they sunk that low?   why is maps not even offered any more for BB on the google maps download site?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Will Kim 3/27/13 1:25 PM
Umm.. Are you directing your questions at anyone in particular?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device NOLAKjun BB Bold 3/27/13 1:35 PM
Blackberry has it's own gps/map software which is deployed with new devices and available for download.  Phone carriers usually push their own GPS software that plays audible directions for a monthly usage fee.  Neither the carriers nor Blackberry have any incentive to push for a fix to a free application that allows customers to avoid using the products they charge for and Google isn't getting paid to provide or fix Google Maps.  If you want a product that is guaranteed to work in a specified way, all the time, YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!  These companies are not providing a free application to you out of the kindness of their hearts or because they feel you're somehow deserving of their time and resources; they fix things in prioritized order based on INCOME associated with those items and the difficulty/cost associated wtih finding and deploying a fix, so stop whining about your free app not working to your satisfaction.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device cman3 3/27/13 2:02 PM
your analysis is rather simplistic.  of course BB and everyone else is in this to make money.  google is doing maps TO MAKE MONEY!   you have neglected that any good provider today is trying (and should be trying) to provide a stable platform in which many application developers can provide (for profit, like google) services.   i have not heard from BB that this failure has nothing to do with them.  i cannot be sure that they did not do something to their network in preparation for the Z10 and other, that has caused this problem.   i have not heard anything from them, and i would like to.  also, in trying to provide the most valuable platform for their users, i would like to see that they were trying to work with...  help.... pressure google to deal with this!   YOU should not be so quick to condescend to those of us who are just thinking a bit more broadly than you.....
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device NOLAKjun BB Bold 3/27/13 2:09 PM
You're thinking more narrowly and selfishly is more like it.  You sound like the whiney users I deal with daily in my job - managing software development - because you seem to think it's all about you and what you want.  The only reason I'm following this group is to get any updates from Google when they have fix available but I'm getting really tired of all the whining from the users who think they're entitled to an immediate fix and when they don't get it there must be some kind of conspiracy to deprive them of an app they don't pay for.  Getting an answer from Google isn't worth listening to this noise.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device cman3 3/27/13 2:11 PM
you will be missed when you leave..... im sure......
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Bipin Desai 3/28/13 5:32 AM
I have a Blackberry 9700 since Nov 2010. I had installed and started using Google Latitude since than. Now since over a month the google latitude logged out on its own and does not allow me to login again.
Every time i signin it says "you are signed in" and in seconds it says "you are signed out". is there a way to reactivate Google Latitude for my mobile.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device;WT? trying to hide from big brother doesn't work 3/28/13 6:06 AM

How come no guidance from Blackberry or Google?  Are we waiting for nothing?  Should we make other plans?  Any ETA?  Blame each other / Blame yourselves?  Did the maintenance guy run over a cable with his lawn mower?  What was he doing with a lawnmower in the Ontario winter, anyway?  Where do I apply for a refund for the disappeared services that I've enjoyed for years?  Did you hire NOLAKjun BB Bold as an independent consultant, yet?  Snafu, and that's the way you like it? or is there any understanding about the position that hundreds of thousands of your customers find themselves?

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Spud the Ninja 3/29/13 12:06 AM
Still not working for me :(
Any ETA?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Pete25252 3/29/13 2:02 AM
BB twitter replied to me. They said they couldn't comment on third party apps. Poor response.

Vodafone twitter said they weren't aware of any problems and a vodafone CS said best to avoid blackbery for now (presumably referring to z10).

I'm probably going to move to android in the next week or so.

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device MANU KAPILA 3/29/13 2:28 AM
I assume that its the end of GOOGLE and BB relationship.
Sad to see, latitude worked the best with the BB and one could hide the icon also.
Anyway, neither iOS or android has this ability.

Thus is no point hanging around with these devices.
(unknown) 3/29/13 5:48 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device digsatman 3/29/13 5:51 AM
Well this has now been going on for three weeks and still no concrete action from Google or Blackberry.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device tabdy 3/29/13 12:06 PM
Probably not going get any reactions until someone chucks a bomb into their offices. Which their lack of response deserves.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device 1492jm 3/30/13 7:38 AM
I have had the same issue for about a week.  I have searched but been unable to resolve.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device NOLAKjun BB Bold 3/30/13 6:05 PM
I don't know when this happened or if it's relevant but I just looked at the Google Mobile Apps site and see that Blackberry is no longer listed as a supported mobile platform.  I'm guessing (and it's purely a guess) this is related to the lack of response or ETA on a BB fix from Google.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device trying to hide from big brother doesn't work 3/30/13 8:55 PM
I was also dismayed to see that I couldn't find a googlemap-installation-link for my 9930.  They seemed to be trying to tell me something.  But I think I was signed out of google when I was looking far and wide for the link.

The next day, I signed in to google, and then I found a googlemaps-download-link was available.  Maybe the difference is that I was signed in.

Using your blackberry, sign in to google, and go to the google homepage.  At the top, click on "More."  That will provide a list of mobile apps, including googlemaps.

Yup, it's still there.  Click on googlemaps, and next thing you know, 4.5.3 is trying to download into your phone.

In summary: We can't sign in, so only 33% of googlemaps is working [for blackberry users].  But I think it's jumping the gun to infer that "googlemaps is no longer supporting blackberry."

I'm not happy about the loss of service, but I'm waiting for an official declaration before accepting that it's a permanent change in inter-corporate relations.

Blackberry is on its way back, the hardware is getting more and more exceptional, and I'm not eager to accept that googlemaps -- one of it's best apps -- isn't going to be there to run fast, smooth, & beautiful on the creamy new hardware (9930 included).  Anyone picking this time to stop supporting Blackberry is a loser.

It's been a long three weeks being unable to log in, and the corporations have been pretty rude without any indication of who-knows-what's-up besides "Your signed in / You're signed out / Do not collect $200."

Even if / when the service returns to allowing us to sign in, googlemaps will have permanently lost some of its sheen and some of our respect.  As they've dropped the service once, they could do it again.  The longer the service is down, the more it's clear that it's not really dependable.

But I'll still be happy to see googlemaps Stars and Latitude running on my blackberry, once again, after all the data I have loaded into it.  Maybe it will be version 4.5.4.

-n-

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Andyrick Liu 3/30/13 10:20 PM
NOLAKjun you are wrong on what you address. When such a big size of the companies like BB or Google, they have a huge social responsibility. It's not just they should or not do it, but the responsibility to announce to the public and let the public has a chance to prepare for it or change it. People bought it due to the time they purchased everything worked fine. If people knew BB is not going to work with Google maps at beginning, consumers have right to choose to buy BB or not at beginning. If it was provided at beginning and one of the reason people take seriously, you can not say they did not make money. They made money when we decided to buy at the beginning.

If situation is changed, the company has every single liability to tell their users that this is no longer provided and what is the solution. 
It's not just like what you say money money and money. And once the money is made, the company then have no responsibility? I do not thinks so.

So again, GOOGLE and BB need to have someone officially announce either they are working on it or they are not. 
Because for sure, this will affect million people when they are choosing their new phones this year. And at the same time, do you really think they are not making money.... If I buy Z10 this year, do you think BB is not making money??? If I need to have google maps and in order to keep clients in place, do you think BB will not pay google if google asks for money??? Who said there is no Money????
You need a better financing class.......

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 3/31/13 5:23 AM
On the Google page it omits any support for BB. I don't know what to suggest. I have contacted Reuters, the Globe and Mail (Canada), The Toronto Star (Canada) I tried the BB Facebook page where I have dropped a hint every 2 days and of course we have Twitter with #FailGoogleMaps.. I even tried to get a question at an earnings call reviuew last week when BB released their numbers. Being honest as much as we would love to complain its not BB but Google that offers a free product and as we all know there is no such thing as Google support or a miraculous thing such as a Google contact number.

It was my intent to upgrade to a Q10 but what sucks is I actually use a phone for messaging and talking and to me "apps" are fluff. The only app I actually used was Latitude so I could track my kids and vice a versa.. Is there another app that will work the same way that I can pay for and is supported?? and lastly my understanding is that with BB10 you can run Android apps in a sandbox. Can you run Latitude in BB10 if you do it that way??

Anyway ladies and gentlemen. It was Mar 8th this failed and frankly despite our complaining I think we are truly screwed so best of luck and just keep bugging Google and BB on social media.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Outbacker 3/31/13 9:18 PM
I've been using Life360 on my BB Bold 9930 for a couple weeks now with my wife who has an iPhone 4S.  Seems to be a fairly good substitute for Latitude, although I do miss my Starred Places.  Life360 is available in App World.  
(unknown) 3/31/13 10:22 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Gogol Prasad 4/1/13 3:15 AM
Hi,
I too am having the same problem. Unable to login to Google Maps and/or Google Latitude (via google maps) from blackberry 9860 on Airtel, India. Earlier both of the worked but i noticed last week that i was able login to my account via google maps but latitude was not working. I would log me in then after about two minutes i'd get a message "you have signed out".
I tried uninstalling google maps and then reinstalling it with all permissions set to "Allow" prior to download but now i am unable to login to my account too. For both the cases it says"You logged in" and then 2secs later it says "You have signed out".
Looking forward to a solution to the problem.
Regards,
Gogol Prasad
spide...@gmail.com
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device jcampbelli 4/1/13 8:50 PM
Same here in Melbourne, has been this way for a few weeks, come on BB + Google do something, anything. At least admit you have a problem
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device ChicagoMike75 4/2/13 5:54 PM
It's not just Google Latitude that's stopped working...

Facebook Check-In stopped working on Blackberry in the last release update.

Yahoo is disconnecting it's app for only Blackberry soon.

Chase Bank is disconnecting their mobile banking app this April on Blackberry only (they emailed me about it and said sorry but it will still work on Iphone and Android...)

Southwest airlines flight tracker only works on iphone and android, no blackberry support.

The answers I get from hardcore blackberry fans and probably blackberry staff on their facebook page is "you don't ever need an app with the Z10!  Just use the web browser!".  Using an app vs. The web site on a mobile phone is a completely different experience - the app is PREFERRED to get things done faster.

Owning a Blackberry is starting to make me feel like a loser.

Oh - and I work for a government in a major city - they just axed Blackberry and are switching the employees to Windows or Iphones depending on what the employee wants.

Sad.  I loved my Blackberry.  I'm typing on it right now.  RIP

(unknown) 4/2/13 5:54 PM <This message has been deleted.>
(unknown) 4/2/13 5:55 PM <This message has been deleted.>
(unknown) 4/2/13 5:56 PM <This message has been deleted.>
(unknown) 4/2/13 5:57 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Paddy K. 4/3/13 2:34 PM
One month ago after bb latitude fallin.. Nothing happend also in slovakia/europe. Still same problem as you..rest of the bb world..
(unknown) 4/3/13 7:36 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device SaltSweatSugar 4/3/13 7:40 PM
If you guys take a look at the iPhone section, you will see that they are also having problems staying signed in, as already mentioned. This is most likely google's problem, not Blackberry. Stop acting like Blackberry is responsible for all this and like they owe you an explanation.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Orange Bucket 4/3/13 11:46 PM
Well personally I would have thought Blackberry might like to comment given that Google Maps is a particularly significant app for the Blackberry.

However that is by the by as at the moment both my Blackberries are signed in to Google Maps with one in on Latitude. So it looks promising...

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Spud the Ninja 4/3/13 11:57 PM
I also am now able to log in via Google Maps on my Torch using my application-specific password!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Will Kim 4/4/13 12:04 AM
Confirmed!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Rangga Djati 4/4/13 12:13 AM
Yep I could log in to Latitude now! 
Yeay Cheers for Google Map Team!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Erwin Toscarian 4/4/13 12:14 AM
Has been logged into Latitude on my BB 9300.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Jeffrey Asik 4/4/13 12:24 AM
I just reinstalled Google Maps v4.5.3 on my BB Bold 9930 and was able to login to Latitude.

Thanks to Google for fixing this issue!  Looking forward to Google Maps on BB10 Z10!!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Titu_Leopad 4/4/13 12:47 AM
The issue has been solved. I reinstalled google maps 4.5.3 just now. Works like a charm.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device cman3 4/4/13 4:09 AM
has not been solved for all of us.  Still are logged out after logging in here in CT in USA.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device JC61 4/4/13 4:14 AM
Not yet solved here.

Instead of logging me out after 2 seconds it now logs me out after about 10 seconds. Tried battery pull but problem still persists.  Hopefully the slight change is as a result on an ongoing rectification process on google's end.

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device trying to hide from big brother doesn't work 4/4/13 4:19 AM
About 4 hours ago, I was able to stay logged in.  I saw my Favorite Stars, and Latitude was working. 

But now I'm getting kicked out; same as usual.

Maybe that's google's way of saying "they're working on it."  Still leaves a lot ambiguous.  Still displays really poor communications ability.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device trying to hide from big brother doesn't work 4/4/13 4:21 AM
In fact, I had googlemaps open.  I didn't have to restart googlemaps or the phone or anything.  I just hit "Sign In," and it worked.

For a few hours.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 4/4/13 4:52 AM
Still not working in Canada.. Reinstalled Maps and rebooted.. App shows the same behavior. Login and then logged out almost instantaneously. It actually doesn't say I have logged in at all it just says I  have logged out
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device sorinakis 4/4/13 5:46 AM
Still not working on Bell Canada.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Spud the Ninja 4/4/13 6:49 AM
<sigh> it was fixed last night, but today it's back to immediately logging me back out. :(
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Steve Rockson 4/4/13 7:31 AM
not working here, Mr google get your act together please
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Orange Bucket 4/4/13 7:46 AM
Oh well it worked for a while...

Back to being broken again.

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Sylvi Lafeber 4/4/13 8:45 AM
Does or doesn't it work now ?
In my other Andriod phone no problems...Only update's and each time better....
Starting to think to use this bb like a frisbee above the water....
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device ian salmon 4/4/13 9:11 AM
At 5pm UK time on the 4th April. Tried on 6 diff blackberries on various networks... All now log out again virtually immediately. For a few hours earlier they were working again as they used to! Then they started logging out on own.. Became eratic ... Now logging out immediately.

I hope someone knows what they are doing!

Oops!

Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 4/4/13 10:42 AM
It is now working on rogers network in Toronto Canada. Phone is BB 9900

Thanks everyone for posting, tweeting etc etc !

Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 4/4/13 10:42 AM
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device trying to hide from big brother doesn't work 4/4/13 11:00 AM
Me too in Pennsylvania, where it's gray and dreary even on the sunniest of days.

Signed in, got my Favorite stars, I'm Latituding my wife (who has a trouble-free iPhone) without her even knowing it, heh heh.

The implication is that they're really working (if you can call it that) on resuming the service.  Too bad they forgot about the customers in the meantime.  But don't get me started.

So, back on the air.  Maybe it will stay on this time.

Thanks Mr. Wilson for continually periodically trying to log back in.  It could have been a futile thumb exercise.  Someone who really needed the service NOW might have been helped by your astuteness and posting.
Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Outbacker 4/4/13 11:03 AM
Yep. Now working on Verizon in California on a 9930.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device היימישער איד 4/4/13 11:23 AM
Thank you for letting us know, thank you google for fixing it.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Spud the Ninja 4/4/13 11:35 AM
And now it's working again - hooray!
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Deepu Thomas 4/4/13 12:01 PM
Finally, after a long wait, working now from Etisalat UAE.

Wierd that no response from google about this.

Let's hope that it keeps workin.

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Orange Bucket 4/4/13 12:49 PM
My 9300 has now started working again having stopped a few hours ago. My 8350 picked up where it left off this morning when I turned it on again. Let's see if it sticks this time.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device digsatman 4/4/13 1:30 PM
Working again here in UK
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Sylvi Lafeber 4/5/13 9:56 AM
Working from yesterday also in Nederland.

Thnxs BB and Google !
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device trying to hide from big brother doesn't work 4/5/13 10:06 AM
They didn't hear our cries of confusion, they probably won't hear our thanks.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Pete25252 4/5/13 2:35 PM
Too late for me. Changed to Android, it was the final straw.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Vadiraj Meghlal 4/5/13 11:53 PM
Google maps and latitude working fine since two days in Bangalore, India.  Hopefully the problem will not repeat.  Thanks
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Ed Dobbelsteen 4/7/13 12:17 AM
Mine is working too again, except Starred Places are still missing..  Also on the PC it has been showing "My Places encountered temporary error". This error popped up around the same time the Latitude error occurred end Feb/early March. Any ideas?
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Ivan Fernandez 4/7/13 5:27 AM
back again in uk and spain on a bb 9320

hopefully next time they dont take as long to resolve this esential tool nowadays
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Christian Wolfbauer 4/7/13 5:40 AM
Working great again. Thanks for the support. I am happy that they worked on it and fixed it.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device J. David Wilson 4/7/13 1:53 PM
Thanks every one who tweeted, complained, counseled etc to get this up and running again... and yes thank you Google..... Its up and running. You will also notice that if you go to the Google Latitude home page BB support  is now listed whereas it wasn't a week ago

http://www.google.ca/mobile/latitude/
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 4/8/13 2:44 AM
This problem was give a high priority by Google so hopefully it will not break again.

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Dominik Glanemann 4/8/13 2:55 AM
Oh wow!!!
1 month later and it's running!! ...here in germany, the end of the world!!

Thanks Google for this express-service!

If we support our car-customers like you, we never sell cars like yet!!
That is also so if they have very high quality.

#Dominik

[excuse my terrible english]

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Alok Srivastava 5/19/13 6:03 AM
Seems i got fooled and bought Z10
Latitude is not working and it really frustrating

Any help please

Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Titu_Leopad 5/19/13 6:11 AM
I'm not sure whether latitude is working normally in the new bb 10 OS. But it working fine for the others.

Also BBM is comin in android and IOS. So y go for bb now unless ur an hardcore fan.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 5/20/13 1:20 AM
Alok,

You weren't fooled but Blackberry may believe Latitude to be unsafe as far as security is concerned and may not allow it. I trust Blackberry to get something like this correct besides which I prefer to only use Latitude when finding a friend but I have no wish for Google to be able to track me wherever I go and delve into my private life. One of the reasons I will not go down the line of having an Android anything.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device trying to hide from big brother doesn't work 5/21/13 9:00 AM
Google could be working on a BB10 solution for Latitude.  It's hard to say, because THEY DON'T TELL ANYONE ANYTHING.

Or, maybe they just don't tell me.  Maybe because I'm undiplomatic.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device trying to hide from big brother doesn't work 5/21/13 9:14 AM
> I have no wish for Google to be able to track me wherever I go and delve into my private life

Are you only concerned about Google tracking you, or are you averse to ANY big powerful corporation tracking you, including Google, your cellphone provider, your credit card company, Uncle Sam, etc.

If your concern actually extends beyond Google, then I would suggest that you're already doomed.  We walk [drive] around with our cellphones, and our cellphone providers probably record everywhere we go as we move from cell-site to cell-site, even better if you have GPS turned on.  Bar codes help record everything you buy (like organic vegetables, you communist you).  How far would you walk for a Camel? -- it's documented.  And because it would benefit all the big corporations, then once your activities are available on one database, it's a click away to share the data among themselves, unbeknownst to us or the law.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 5/21/13 8:02 PM
I trust my mobile phone provider but that is because under United Kingdom Law they cannot share that information with anybody. I trust Blackberry because they would lose more than they gain by divulging information to anybody. Bar codes don't do anything if you pay cash and banks and credit card suppliers have no interest in what I buy, only that I pay for it and they can earn their commission. What can be done with the information gathered depends where you live and the laws of the country.

Google is being investigated in Europe because it shares information about it's users with itself.

Would I use an Android phone or slate? Not until Google conforms to European laws. Would I use a Chromebook or Chrome? Same answer.

I was told it was illegal not to go on the voting register. I told the poll gatherer I would not until he guaranteed my privacy. He replied he would and then wanted to write out the form for me. I told him he had just proved that it would not be private as he could see it. I have never been challenged for not giving my details.
(unknown) 5/21/13 10:30 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device trying to hide from big brother doesn't work 5/22/13 4:56 AM
Roger, C Man.
Sorry we have to worry about our
personal information being used to
take advantage of us.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Gay Guy 6/23/13 1:43 AM
You need to remove Google 2 step verification - Google are dumb ass holes they botched it .... if you remove your 2 step verification it will work.
Re: Log in to Google account fails from Google Maps app in Blackberry device Gay Guy 6/23/13 1:43 AM
More topics »