Categories: Feature Suggestions : Street View and Imagery : Windows : Internet Explorer :

Rio de Janeiro: Rio+20, World Cup city & Olympic City still forgotten by Google MAPS

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Rio de Janeiro: Rio+20, World Cup city & Olympic City still forgotten by Google MAPS lucario 6/27/12 5:03 AM
I am negatively suprised that GOOGLE participates in the RIO+20 confecerence and.... STILL forgets to post 45° aerial images for Rio de Janeiro like it did for smaller cities in Brazil (Porto Alegre and Belo Horizonte!!!) besides so many around the world.

Let's nto forget that Rio is going to host:

• The World Cup (2014)
  • The Olympic Games (2016)
  • Has one of the most beautiful and geographically interesting urban scenery in the world (simply ideal for 45° imagery)

Rio is among the world's top 5 city for infrastucture investments and still Google MAPS does not provide 45° imagery which would be a very usueful tool for inverstors and anyone who is doing business in the city for these upcoming events (not to talk about tourists or university researchers) 

This is the second time Google Maps disappoints with regards to Rio de Janeiro after that Google Street View - Brasil incredibly forgot to feature so many roads in very central areas , i.e. some of the most important neighbourhoods in the city (i.e. Botafogo, Laranjeiras & Jardim Laranjeiras, Catete, Gloria)!

I love google MAPS & EARTH but I believe that anyone who live or wants to do business/travel in Rio de Janeiro is very disappointed by Google forgetting to provide 45° imagery and decent Street View cover of Southern Rio.