Categories: Suggest a Google+ feature :

Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar

Showing 1-17 of 17 messages
Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar patricw 7/2/12 1:50 AM
I have recently experienced being invited to a week long Google+ Event that I did not want to attend. Although I've chosen to not attend, the event still appears in my Google Calendar and takes up a certain amount of space. I tried to remove the post from Calendar but it automatically was readded.

If this isn't fixed, people with malicious intentions may flood my Calendar to the extent that it will become unreadable.
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Kaleh 7/2/12 2:48 AM
It appears that this is working as intended.  

This is the greatest detail I have found that describes how Calendar integration should work after the changes that were made after the outcry about the Calendar/Event spam.

[Update 1 PM ET: We checked with Google on this, given the confusion. A company spokesperson confirmed that all the fixes have now been rolled out. With regard to the Calendar integration, by default, Google+ only put Events on your calendar from people in your Circles. If you decline an event, Google+ also puts this on your Calendar so you can later change your mind. Also, anyone is allowed to invite people to an event, which then results in an email notification. But only if you have that person in a Circle, does it appear on your calendar.] 

If you change the relevant Calendar Setting and do not respond to events that you do not plan on attending (and don't want to be reminded of in case you change your mind) that should prevent those types of items from appearing on your Calendar.

Automatically add invitations to my calendar:
No, only show invitations to which I have responded 

Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar gothxx 7/2/12 8:28 AM
That is a really stupid suggestion IMHO. "do not respond to events that you do not plan on attending"  Isn't that what "Not attending" is for? I mean me as a creator would like to see if patricw will attend or not, otherwise I might call him and ask "Hey you have not responded yet, will you come?"
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Kaleh 7/2/12 11:16 AM
@gothxx

Don't shoot the messenger just because you don't care for the way Google has set things up.

I suspect that if you created an event and invited a reasonable number of people, that you personally were acquainted with, there would be a great likelihood that they would respond one way or another.  But, if they say "no" Google (currently) is going to put it on their Calendar whether they like it or not, so I think it is great that they have a way to work around this annoyance.  

You are free to discuss the pros and cons of the way things currently work, and make suggestions for how you would like for it to be different, but my "stupid suggestion" is based upon the way things currently work.  I original ran across the suggestion being made by a Google employee, in a Google+ thread, where the user was complaining loudly about the "Event Spam" that was clogging up his Calendar.

Another option that some users may decide to use (if they don't mind the event appearing on their Calendar in the first place) is to "Hide" the events that they have declined.

How do I hide events that I've been invited to, but have decided not to attend?

Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar mary joy cariaga 7/2/12 4:41 PM
hi sign up and answer...
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Allan M. de Azevedo 7/13/12 1:12 PM
Hi Kaleh,

There's any way to 'uninvite me' from one event, or simply remove me from this?

I.E: I received and invitation to a public event. In Google Calendar I removed this event... But this event is still shown at https://plus.google.com/events

Best regards
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Kaleh 7/13/12 1:38 PM
@Allan Medeiros de Azevedo

As far as I know, there is not currently a way to remove events from the events page.  I would suggest using the "Send Feedback" tool to request that type of functionality.
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Allan M. de Azevedo 7/15/12 7:42 AM
Thanks, Kaleh!

I'll do it! :)

Cheers
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Allan M. de Azevedo 7/22/12 7:46 AM
Okay, now I'm seeing a 'x' button above each event in https://plus.google.com/events

That's why Google+ popularity is growing... The user wish is listened! :D
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Kaleh 7/22/12 8:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up!  Users should note that they must mouse over the event in order to see the [x].
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Slaeggan 8/1/12 2:18 PM
Unfortunately, this does not really solve the issue of having a calendar flooded by events from google+ events. Sure, I can remove them, but that means I have to manually handle each event. 

What I would like is to be able to choose which calendar the events from google+ ended up in. Thus, I can look at them at ease on my computer but only have to bother with the ones I actually wish to attend in my phone. 

I know I can set my calendar to only display stuff I've accepted in my calendar, but this does not solve my issue, since I still want events that was emailed to my to appear in my calendar directly, but stuff I get invited to via google+ should take another route. 
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar moore850 9/8/12 4:34 AM
100% correct, being able to specify which of your calendars, if any, events default to is a key missing feature.  it is very frustrating if you have a lot of people in circles, to wake up and see 5-6 spam events added without it being very clear who is doing it (so you can remove them from circles) or any way to stop this behavior from happening other than manually removing each event invite on that screen.  Try to do it from a mobile device with which you have calendar synced.  From the time you see the calendar stuff that should not be there cause you never intended to go, it takes minutes to get from that to removing the event(s).
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Cheryl Trooskin-Zoller 10/29/12 3:55 PM
Is there any solution to this issue?  I'm getting flooded with G+ events and everything else is getting drowned out unless I manually visit G+ and decline each event by hand. I can't just set "Automatically add invitations to my calendar" to "no", because then I don't see meeting requests emailed to me, which I rely on.

What do I do here? Is there any solution other than to purge my G+ circles, so nobody can send me events anymore?
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Sanura Snowpaw 11/2/12 8:41 PM
Even by going manually to remove the events seems to not be working anymore and now I can't easily look at my calendar and see what I have coming up because of it full of events I have said NO I AM NOT GOING TO IT! 
Sanura Snowpaw 11/2/12 8:41 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Rick Reichert 12/7/12 8:18 PM
Very annoying, very invasive, these "events' that have appeared on my calendar, too! WTF, Google? I'd expect this from the Zuckerberg crew.
Re: Remove Events I'm not going to from Calendar Nancy Higdon 4/16/13 4:16 PM
can I set up a google calendar on my windows 8 and then sync it with my Verizon htc merge phone?