Categories: Discuss with others : Account Access and Safety : Google Chrome :

text messages from google saying I've been hacked

Showing 1-268 of 268 messages
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Donna Meeuwsen 3/19/13 1:51 PM
I just received a text message  saying it's from google that my gmail has been compromised by hackers and google needs to call to verify my account.  Is this legit??

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 3/19/13 2:20 PM
no its a scam , delete it
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 3/19/13 2:20 PM
You'd need to provide the exact message, but it doesn't sound legitimate to me.

But just in case, See the following article about how to re-secure an account that was compromised:  http://gmailaccountrecovery.blogspot.com/#security  (When you reclaim Your Account).
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Donna Meeuwsen 3/19/13 3:21 PM
Thank you... I just attached a screen shot.  It seems like a scam.

Any further input will be appreciated.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 3/19/13 4:06 PM
That just screams "phishing scam" to me.  I bet if you called they'd ask for your account name and password (possibly along with other information to try and mask what they're doing).
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Donna Meeuwsen 3/19/13 4:25 PM
Thanks for all of the input... I agree with all on all accounts!  Appreciate the feedback!

DM

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked ABC98 3/19/13 4:55 PM
I also got that same text an hour ago but the number was 7243157540. First thing I did was googled the text and wound up here. Sounds phishey to me!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 3/19/13 5:07 PM
I also got that same text an hour ago...

Sounds like we got a new phishing scam working it was around the neighborhood.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked IH8Spammers 3/20/13 9:39 AM
I just received the exact same text that came from the number 13317257397. I suspected it was a scam but decided to research to be safe.  Seems that I'm not the only one that has had this issue so that's a relief.
(unknown) 3/20/13 9:59 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Limo Lucy 3/20/13 9:59 AM
me too. not going to reply. this is really the only thing i could find about it though.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mike Pugliese 3/21/13 2:23 PM
I too got that same text but from +1 (360) 562-0248

(1/2)Google Message #97584: Your Gmail has been compromised by hackers. We need to call  to verify your identity. Reply to this message with 'READY' when you

(2/2)are ready to recieve the call.

I'm not replying either. Hope no one has bought into this load and given up any info. I called the number from a burner phone and it was a Google Voice account set up that was generic. If it were a legit Google # it would have been a professional type number and answering service.

Hate people like this

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Beats1007 3/22/13 12:31 PM
Just got the message. Didn't think about it until after I replied "READY" but haven't heard anything back. Hope I didn't sign my number into a scamming black list to be bothered later.

I don't think my grandfather had to deal with any of these issues...

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Morgan Phillips 3/22/13 1:11 PM
Ditto here, came from 417-413-1642
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked robert hinckley 3/26/13 2:46 PM
I got the same txt form 646-504-8392 its just a scam
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Guy3241 3/27/13 1:33 PM
My sister received this message too.  Just forward the text message to SPAM (7726) to report that message as spam to your phone service  provider.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Bradly Robinson 4/26/13 7:19 PM
Just received a message from 262 208 4748  
Led me to search this out and looks like a scam
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jim Sloey 4/29/13 10:04 AM
Same here from 864-977-1320. Didn't reply.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked juliet preston 4/29/13 6:15 PM
Today I got a txt on my phone from 1-508-784-1859 said this:
Gmail ID# 57277:
Your account has been hacked. We need to call
You to verify your account. Text back with
"READY" when you are ready to receive this call
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 4/30/13 3:01 AM
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Julie Oliver 5/1/13 2:42 PM
I too, got this text from 803-265-5725!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked ad32rmb 5/1/13 6:43 PM
I got text with this message 1-914-236-4339
(unknown) 5/2/13 2:17 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Ryan Ramage 5/9/13 8:08 AM
Got a similar text from (707) 506-6468:

Account has been compromised.  Text back with "call now" to receive a call to confirm identity.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 5/9/13 8:54 AM
I WONDER - IS THIS A SCAM ? HMMMM
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 5/9/13 9:31 AM
I suspect phishing.  You call back, provide the code, they ask for your account name/password to "re-secure it" (or some such), and the next thing you know you can't log in.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 5/9/13 9:51 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-) 

i was just  horsing around ( see my second last post )

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Chris Appleyard 5/9/13 10:38 AM
Hello.
Yes this will be a scam because Google will not say 'hackers' and Google will not ask to call them, they will however ask you to sign into you account and change your security features. but FYI I have never got an SMS from Google like this.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jamie Langlois 5/11/13 4:19 AM
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jamie Langlois 5/11/13 4:22 AM
I received a similar message today.  "99252388516: google ID # 32487: Your Gmail has bee hacked.  Text back with CALL ME to take a call to verify your account."  I went on my gmail account and there was nothing on it.  Then I found this.  Thanks for your input.  It helped.  
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 5/11/13 5:34 AM
:-)
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked moxielovesme 5/11/13 11:43 AM
Mine is from +1 (919) 295-6175 and says compromised not hacked and to text CALL.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 5/11/13 12:15 PM
scam as well 
(unknown) 5/14/13 2:32 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked ChrisGraham 5/14/13 2:48 PM
I got one Sunday. I knew something was up from the beginning. I hope nobody fell for it!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked ALRR 5/16/13 6:06 PM
Got two of these today as well, both from different numbers. One was on my mom's phone and she doesn't have a gmail account. Is there any way to report this to someone at google or sprint to put a stop to it? Since it is upsetting to get messages at 2 am.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Guy3241 5/16/13 6:30 PM
You can forward the message to 7726 and see what sprint tells you.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked ara.wilson 5/18/13 11:30 AM
from an 843 area code the text to me today said:
 ID #80799: Your G-mail has been compromised . Reply  SEND to take a call to verify your account
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Fuzzy 5/18/13 11:31 AM
That's sounds suspicious to me. Can you sign on using a browser?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 5/18/13 11:36 AM
its a scam - they all are 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked mandc94 5/18/13 3:46 PM
Thanks this helped.  Here's another link I found that shows a quick way to see who is in or has recently been in your account.

http://www.friedbeef.com/how-to-check-if-your-gmail-account-has-been-hacked/

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked cheryl Dilly 5/19/13 2:19 PM
how do they get our cell numbers when they are not in our gmail accounts ?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 5/19/13 2:34 PM
they probably send to random numbers - gmail users are around 450 million so there is a  high chance of  them using gmail 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked ChrisGraham 5/20/13 6:39 AM
It's just a phishing scam. They send it to random numbers and hope they get a bite.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked brooksuhrig 5/20/13 12:09 PM
Got one today too, total scam.  They txtd one of my google voice numbers that I never use. Weird.
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Walt Simmons 5/21/13 10:56 AM
If it is a scam, how did these bastards get my TN# to text me
When it is not associates with my account. This is some Big Brother wants to know more about us bullish. Then it came from a google acct telephone box. All we have to do is have google pull the register of the acct and I.P. Address?? Get on your job Google Security..
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 5/21/13 11:03 AM
...how did these bastards get my TN# to text me

They didn't.  They're just dialing at random or sequentially.  That's why people who don't have Gmail accounts are getting these same messages.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Cgreed23 5/21/13 1:04 PM
ID #46876: Your G-mail has been hacked. Reply  SEND to take a call to reactivate your account

Text above just received...I assume it's a scam.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Cgreed23 5/21/13 1:07 PM
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked SCGamecock 5/22/13 9:22 AM
Me, too. I've deleted the SPAM message:
"Your G-mail has been compromised. Reply to this message with SEND to take a call to reactive you account."
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Eric Berge 5/24/13 11:04 AM
I just received the same message, only with "Message #69083: Your Google Account has been compromised. Text back SEND to take a call to reactivate your account"

the phone number was: 516-218-1391

Of course I deleted it after taking a screen shot for my own records. The wording seems to get better by day, but the message is the same. probably a spoofer. I wonder why they aren't smart enough to use a Mountain View phone number to at least make it look legit? lol. Mine came from NY apparently.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Susie Wong 5/28/13 11:01 AM
ok i got the same in San Francisco from 781-462-1215.  Am deleting.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Cgreed23 5/28/13 11:39 AM
Seemingly a lot of Sprint customers....It''s definitely a scam.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Bryn Hagley 5/28/13 1:45 PM
i just got it to from 660 851 1153 and my brother got it at the same time
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked eliot75 5/28/13 10:16 PM
Well obviously I am the only one dumb enough to fall for this scam so I will tell you what happens when you reply.

First I got a text message that said, "ID #88166: Your G-mail has been hacked. Reply VERIFY to take a call to verify your account"
I suspected it was bogus, but my curiosity itch needed a scratch. So I texted back VERIFY.
I got another text from the same number that said, "Activation #29579: Please enter the verification code -44- when We will call you."
I know, obviously BS. But since they weren't asking for any personal info, I had to keep going and see what happens.
I got a call from a different number, 202-455-8888. A pre-recorded message asked for the verification code. I entered 44 and it said something about my account being activated and my voicemail is now ready to setup. So, what just happened?

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Fuzzy 5/29/13 9:18 AM
Usually these sort of message will cause "premium text messaging" charges. You should contact your carrier to make sure than they are blocked. Otherwise, you might get charged a large monthly fee.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 5/29/13 9:41 AM
So you're saying this may not be a phishing scam at all, but a trick to get people to sign up for a $9.99/month Premium SMS message service?  Ouch.

It would be great if anyone could confirm if they've been hit by charges as a result of this.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked eliot75 5/29/13 10:56 AM
I'm not too worried about that. My cell phone is on a prepaid plan.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jennie S. 5/29/13 7:13 PM
I just received a text reading "Message #78743: Your Google Account has been compromised.  text back VERIFY to receive a call to verify your account"

I have AT&T service in NC.  Obviously, from all the earlier posts I am assuming it is spam and I do not plan to reply. Should I forward the text to AT&T?  If so, how?

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked hummingbirds 5/29/13 7:37 PM
I got something like this too but I was stupid enough to take the call & put in the code- what can/should I do?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 5/29/13 7:50 PM
...what can/should I do?

If they didn't ask for any account information, then it probably wasn't phishing.  So I'd watch the next couple month's bills VERY carefully for any SMS charges you didn't sign up for (intentionally).
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Allen Dunn 5/29/13 11:57 PM
I got one of these text messages too.

From (830) 542-8316:
"ID #66086: Your Google Account has been hacked. Text back  VERIFY to receive a call to reactivate your account"

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Just123 5/30/13 2:49 PM
After receiving the same message, I reported it as phishing to Google and changed my password just to be sure.  Definitely DO NOT respond.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Pam Hayes 5/30/13 10:34 PM
I got a text message today from 1-314-329-7017 saying ID#92631 Your Goggle Account has been hacked Reply VERIFY to receive a call to verify your account and then I got one saying Activation#66245 Please enter -72- when We will call you and I didn't and found out just now its a scam how do we report this?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 5/30/13 10:41 PM
you cant report sms's to google - only emails 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked alphawolfnights 5/31/13 1:06 PM
I received exactly same email 15 minutes ago. I can't believe so many here have gotten same text already. Thanks to all for their input, I will delete it.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Brutus Beefcake 5/31/13 1:06 PM
Just got this text from 402-370-5977 - "ID #63485: Your Google Account has been compromised . Text back VERIFY to take a call to reactivate your account"
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Juliee92 5/31/13 7:43 PM
Just received a similar message...

"ID #45959: Your Google Account has been hacked. Reply VERIFY to take a call to verify your account"

Thought I would share a different version to also be aware of.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Shanee Akers 6/1/13 1:29 PM
This is exactly the one I just got this morning. I was dumb, and replied to both texts they sent me. Does anyone know if something is going to happen to my phone?? They didn't call, so I didn't give any info, but I'm not sure what the result of replying is. HELP Please!!!!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Shanee Akers 6/1/13 1:32 PM
Mine had different numbers, but the message was the same.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/1/13 1:33 PM
Does anyone know if something is going to happen to my phone?? 

Check you phone bill for any unusual charges (especially for Premium SMS services).  You may have been tricked into signing up for something (since it doesn't appear they were phishing for your Gmail account info).
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Shanee Akers 6/1/13 1:46 PM
Thank you! I just called my carrier and they blocked my account so it can't be charged for premium messaging! I was mildly panicking so thank you for your help!!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jason Valdez 6/1/13 3:15 PM
Message from 614-379-3172
Message # 70298:  Your Google Account has been compromised.  Reply  VERIFY  to receive a call to verify your account.
6:06 PM

Fukking spammers....

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Carol Kuhn 6/2/13 8:44 AM
Also received that tex for 1-503-430-7813
I ignored and checked my google account on line rather than respond.  Glad I did thank you for verifying that it was spam or whatever!  It seemed suspicious to me and I did not respond to accepting a call to verify my account.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Kevin Petty 6/2/13 3:13 PM
Just got pretty much the same thing.  From (972) 853-1955
Message #35942: Your Google Account has been compromised. Reply VERIFY to take a call to reactivate your account.
My account is fine and no emails from google.  I did have someone attempt to hack my account about a year ago and google emailed me saying to change my password immediately then.  Glad I found this thread
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Karen Earls 6/3/13 7:00 AM
I got this the other day myself.  One thing you can do is check with your cellular provider on their handling of unwanted/spam/phishing messages.  For example, AT&T allows you to forward such texts to 7726.  This alerts them to the issue and allows them to do whatever they do from there.  Then use the STOP or BLOCK reply to hopefully prevent further messages.  Or just delete it and hope they don't try it again.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked jollyone 6/3/13 2:20 PM
Mine was from 1-657-200-1578
"Message #26044: Your G-mail has been hacked. Reply CALL to take a call to reactivate your account."
I forwarded it to 7726 (AT&T's Spam notification)
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked j e willoughby 6/3/13 4:55 PM
I too just got a text message from 251-216-1577 on my Verizon phone.
ID#29387 Your Google Account has been hacked. Reply to this message with CALL to take a call to reactivate your account.
I thought it was fishy so I checked online because I don't even use a google email account often. Just use Google Chrome instead of IE. glad I checked and did nto respond. Thanks everyone!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Brittainy Wilson 6/3/13 5:00 PM
I also received this today!!!!
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Santiago Sky 6/3/13 5:25 PM
They misspelled "received". Lol don't trust it, I just got the same text but worded slightly different.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked vixyfluff 6/4/13 1:22 PM
I just got one of these too: "Your Google Account has been hacked. Text back CALL to take a call to reactivate your account".  But my google account is working just fine.  So the text flat-out lied.  That is all I need to know.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Adrienne Perkins 6/4/13 2:52 PM
Got the same text. My first clue that it was a scam was that it actually says, "GoogIe account," not Google. . .
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Sandra Walker 6/4/13 5:10 PM
I received the following text "Message #95941 Your G-mail has been hacked. Text back. CALL to take a call to reactivate your account." the number was 1-906-373-8641 and they answered with google. My cell was in my car for 2 days before I saw the message. I had been in & out of my gmail account several times since the message was sent so I know it was not deactivated.I never go on line on my cell. Isn't there a phone number where gmail can be contacted about this? I looked for one & could not find it.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked vixyfluff 6/4/13 5:58 PM
Sandra, I'm not sure what you meant by "they answered with google", did you text them back and get a call?  If you did not then good, DON'T. If you did I'd like to hear what happened.  But think about it, if your account was never disabled then it doesn't need to be reactivated and the text is fake.  I think whoever is behind this is counting on some people to see the text, freak out and follow the instructions without stopping to think about it long enough to check their gmail and see if it's working.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/5/13 1:55 AM
Sandra

you cant report texts to Google - only emails 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Amy Wright 6/5/13 2:45 PM
I just received "ID#80040: Your Google account has been hacked. Reply to this message with NOW to take a call to reactivate your account" I can see from this thread, I am not the only one. I went through changing my password just in case and going through the security steps Google offers to protect your account....Sign out from all other sessions!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Heather Kramer 6/6/13 6:29 PM
I just got this too and didn't know that I could report a text message as spam. Thank you for this information!!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Sara in CA 6/7/13 4:03 PM
I just got the same text from (863)546-0038
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked malcolm alf 6/7/13 6:02 PM
16502041197: ID #62379: Your GoogIe Account has been compromised . Text back to take a call to reactivate your account - i got that on google voice , but if you nottice the Your GoogIe Account , when your on google voice the I does look like a L but it is a scam
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jay Atienza 6/8/13 6:40 PM
Just got a text on my Voice acct:
+14692131058: ID #55970: Your GoogIe Account has been hacked. Reply to take a call to reactivate your account
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/9/13 2:08 AM
scam - delete it 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Marcie Hull 6/9/13 10:55 AM
I just go the same message:
"Message #94208: Your Google Account has been compromised. Text back NOW to take a call to verify your account"

I texted NOW like a dummy and got this:

"Activation #28795: Please entert the verification code  -72- when We will call you."
(should have known right there is was a scam)

Went on to my gmail account and it said:
Dear XXX,

Please note that the forwarding number (xxx) xxx-xxxx was deleted from your Google Voice account (X...@gmail.com) because it was claimed and verified by another Google Voice user.

If you still want this forwarding number on your account and believe this was an error, please click here to learn more.
Thanks,
The Google Voice Team
-----------------------------------------------

I had to reclaim my cell #.

Went to Google Voice >settings (gear icon) > Phones (tab) > Add another phone (link)
Put in your cell # and click RECLAIM THIS NUMBER
You will see the verification code
Your cell phone will ring
Put in the code
And be done

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/9/13 1:55 PM
I had to reclaim my cell #.

I would STRONGLY suggest you check your mobile bill for the next few months for any charges or services you may have been tricked into signing up for.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Marcie Hull 6/9/13 7:04 PM
Noted & will do! Thanks for the heads up!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked rebecca wehrle 6/10/13 8:07 AM
The # on my test is 325-261-9272
" Message # 70003: Your Google Account has been compromised . Text back  NOW to receive a call to verify your account "

Complete with odd punctuation.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked rebecca wehrle 6/10/13 8:07 AM
Oops.  I meant text.  Not test.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked craig-author/photographer 6/10/13 9:29 AM
Sorry to hear that, Sandra. I can think of a few choice words to toss at the culprits, besides throwing some used cat litter their way. This morning, I got a text from that same ID number but from phone 3302749023. I called my cell company and their tech support said it is scam/hacker. Do NOT click on any link in that text! Do NOT text back to that number! Delete immediately! and reboot your phone to clear any temp files!! I, too, am not able to find any Google venue for reporting such events. As the Romans philosophers said, "Caveat Emptor!"
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked David Knittle 6/10/13 10:02 AM
I received a similar unsolicited phishing text message:
"From: 16202669083
ID #85232:
Your G-mail has been hacked.  Reply to take a call to reactivate your account."

I have not responded to this suspicious text and have confirmed that my g-mail account is still accessible.  Aside from reporting this to the national do not call registery, is there anyone else who should be informed of this phishing attempt?

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Kat Elliott 6/10/13 11:00 AM
I also just received a text...

"Message #72751: Your Google Account has been hacked. Reply  to receive a call to verify your account"

I'm under the impression it's a scam and ignoring. I logged into my main gmail account and everything seems fine. Also wondering if this should be reported anywhere else?

text messages from google saying I've been hacked Janet011183 6/10/13 3:12 PM
They are still around... I just received the same message and googled it and found this page...
To answer I had to log into my account...
As you can see it is fully functional. LOL
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Vik Kalidas 6/10/13 3:18 PM
Got one at 12pm today from +1330333962 ID #93504. Figured it was scam but just wanted to check it out.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/10/13 3:19 PM
Yes, it's a scam, ignore it.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Eric Lewin 6/10/13 3:39 PM
I just got a text from this # 3212092389 and was to reply "NOW" to take a call to reactivate my account.
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Shadowbox 6/11/13 8:59 AM
Same just happened to me two days ago. Must be a scam going on.
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Shadowbox 6/11/13 8:59 AM
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Ashley Farr 6/11/13 9:57 AM
I got one from 424-261-4891 that says: "Message #57778: Your Google Account has been hacked. Reply to receive a call to reactivate your account."
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/11/13 10:32 AM
scam as well 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jaime Strickland 6/11/13 11:12 AM
My husband and I both just received the same texts - from two different numbers. (One in CT and one in CA). I thought it was a scam but he wanted me to check it out. We can still sign in to all our gmail/google accounts.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/11/13 11:16 AM
yes its a scam 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Judy Hobson 6/11/13 11:54 AM
Me too.  I just received a text to my Sprint Cell phone stating:  

Exact Quote "ID#62063:  Your G-mail has been hacked.  Text back to take a call to verify your account."

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Hollis Ligon 6/11/13 4:53 PM
I just got one from 626-263-0142.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked River Deep 6/11/13 7:37 PM
I got the same message too. Its a scam.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Candice Newt 6/12/13 9:54 AM
I also just got a text from (240)233-4013
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Brandon Marchand 6/12/13 12:33 PM
I received this text as well from 478 207-7561. I did a free phone lookup and it's from Macon, GA. I can't find any Google office their, nor was my Google account logged into anywhere else but my computer and phone today. So this appears to be a scam.

However, I was tempted to pay the fee to get the name of the phone owner and text back something like "No thanks, [Scammer's Name], I'm quite sure my account is fine", but I trust the phone look up sites about as much as I trust this scammer.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/12/13 1:21 PM
So this appears to be a scam.

Skimming through even a few of the posts in this thread would confirm that.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/12/13 1:53 PM
:-) 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Steve Boyd 6/12/13 2:21 PM
So yeah I got the same text is it bogus?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/12/13 3:08 PM
at the top of this page there is a down arrow , hover over it and you will see Topic Options , click that arrow and then select expand all - the answer you seek is above your post

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked stocke 6/12/13 5:41 PM
just got one from 8323044043 that say reply CALLNOW to receive a call to verify your account
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/13/13 1:29 AM
PEEPS

THIS IS A SCAM - DELETE IT
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked I Like Red 6/13/13 10:28 AM
I just got a very similar message from 3252610437. It said ID#41921: Your G-mail has been hacked. Reply SEND CODE to take a call to reactivate your account.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/13/13 10:31 AM
 scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam  scam v
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Beth Downing 6/13/13 10:44 AM
Got the exact same text from 251-216-1759 at 1:28pm today.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Beth Downing 6/13/13 10:46 AM
330 is an Akron, Ohio area code if that helps at all.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Bekki Atwood 6/13/13 11:42 AM
I received the same from 936-367-9175
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Brandon Marchand 6/13/13 12:07 PM
You can report this here: http://www.us-cert.gov/report-phishing/
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Ann ApplePie 6/13/13 2:11 PM
Me too! From 903-224-4787   ID#49635
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Sarah Shaffer 6/13/13 2:52 PM
I just rec'd the text as well.  

I logged into my gmail account to change the password (you know, just incase)...

Check your notification settings- my cell phone number is not even listed as a Gmail notification...  

Definitely SPAM!

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked mirg z 6/13/13 3:04 PM
I got one, the number was "562 231 6470" and yeah..this is a scam. Google, get in gear and do something about this
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Quinlan Beckner 6/13/13 3:11 PM
1-301-678-3144

Just got "Message #34657: Your Google Account has been hacked. Text back  SEND CODE to take a call to reactivate your account"

Not sending a message back.
I'm currently logged into my Gmail account, and it should have kicked me had someone logged onto my Google account - I assume because it kicks me from Gmail when I log into Gmail from any other computer.

Sounds like a scam to me - both of them.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked josh the it guy 6/13/13 6:51 PM
I got the same thing and since this came to my google voice number it isn't like they can actually do anything to charge me money. I'm kinda bored right now, and I'm thinking of screwing with the sender.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Irenee Lenoel 6/13/13 8:08 PM
Nah its not a scam someones trying to locate you by using the clik to call feature on google maps...a jealous partner? parent trying locate their Childs whereabouts

http://lifehacker.com/226988/find-your-cell-phone-with-google-maps-click+to+call

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Irenee Lenoel 6/13/13 8:19 PM
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked RobAM 6/14/13 7:23 AM
Just got that message. Delete. My Google account seems fine. I just changed my password just in case.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked joe aguon 6/14/13 12:32 PM
me too! on my cellphone! watz up?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Devin Peavy 6/14/13 12:54 PM
Another Scammer/Hacker

Here's the msg I got on my ph yesterday. I'm not responding to it just wanted to give heads up on msg & # it came from!

Phone # it was sent from (415) 295-6029

Message #79374: Your G-mail has been compromised . Reply to this message with  SEND CODE to receive a call to reactivate your account

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/14/13 12:55 PM
me too! on my cellphone! watz up?

Try reading the thread you posted to.  The situation has been posted dozens of times.

(Yes, it's a scam).
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Eddavids 6/14/13 5:29 PM
1-313-451-3782 Google #73290: Your account has been hacked.  Reply --SENDNOW-- when you are able to verify your account. (someone at Google needs to do something about this!!)
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/14/13 6:39 PM
someone at Google needs to do something about this!!

What?  Google is not your mobile carrier.  Google spam filtering does not apply to your SMS message.  Google does not have the ability to trace activity on other companies networks, and even if they could, they are not a law enforcement agency so there's no action they could take.  Just what should they do exactly?
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mikehiyo 6/15/13 8:53 AM
I got one about 3 minutes ago. It was from a 580 area code. It gave me a gmail # (some numbers) your gmail has been hacked. Please text back saying SENDNOW to reactivate your account. First thing I did was look up the area code and then sign into my account. If you can sign in, chances are you aren't hacked because usually they will get your info then change the password and security questions. Immediately deleted the text and looked to see if anyone had this problem and found you guys. Thank you guys. Anyways IT'S A HACKER TEXTING YOU BECAUSE THEY FOUND YOUR NUMBER ON THE INTERNET OR JUST RANDOMLY GENERATED IT. SCAMS SCAMS SCAMS SCAMS SCAMS!!!!!!!!!
text messages from google saying I've been hacked uvawters 6/15/13 4:02 PM
I received the same message on June 13th. Did not respond because it looked scammy. Something I've noticed no one else in this has experienced is that over the last two days I've received Delivery Status Notifications warning me that delivery to the following recipient has been delayed pu...@gvsms.notifo.com. It is referring to the scam text

Not sure what to make of this. Any thoughts?

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Hea Kong Ngo 6/15/13 4:19 PM
how i know i be hack ?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Angie Hartsell 6/16/13 7:52 AM

From phone #409-239-7852
Gmail #80891: Your account has been compromised.  Reply to this message with -- READY -- when you are ready to verify your account
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Retroblique 6/16/13 8:00 AM
Adding 614-300-0681.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Gavin Frisch 6/16/13 8:33 AM
I without thinking texted back READY, then got a call that I didn't answer. Have I accidentally given out to much info already with that one text?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/16/13 8:36 AM
if you didnt reply - then from what we know - you are ok

please note this is unrelated to gmail

when you reply with the code they want - they charge your mobile for bogus charges so keep an eye on your mobile account 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Rockin_the_Winged_Wheel 6/16/13 11:21 AM
Just got the same message but from +1-574-635-1287 : "Google #73173: Your profile has been hacked. Text back -- READY-- when you are able to verify your profile.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/16/13 11:34 AM
scam - delete it 
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jennie5619 6/16/13 6:33 PM
I got the same text I replied "ready " then received a message to out a code in when I got a call...looked into it after I replied and found this ...a total scam!!! ..thanks!!!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Wes Foster 6/17/13 2:05 PM
I just got the text from 978.219.7224. SCAM
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Deborah Cornett 6/17/13 2:30 PM
I got this text message from (210) 201-6341 on 6/15/2013:

Google #96195: Your account has been compromised . Reply to this message with -- READY-- when you are able to verify your account.

I believe it is spam so I didn't reply, but I changed by password, just in case

SUGGESTION FOR GOOGLE: If you have us give you a phone number and verify it via a text message or phone recording, YOU should instruct us to save that phone number in our phones as a contact. If ever you DO need to send us a message, we can simply verify that it came from the number saved in our contacts.

Just sayin'...that's how a multi-billion dollar corporation SHOULD roll.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Deborah Cornett 6/17/13 2:36 PM
I have cellular service from AT&T; they suggest:

To report spam received on your phone, text us the actual spam message to short code 7726 (SPAM) to start an investigation.**

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=22157&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=33564

Don't know what else you should do if you have a different service provider.

(unknown) 6/17/13 3:57 PM <This message has been deleted.>
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mai Funaccount 6/17/13 4:01 PM
I'm glad this topic was here.
I got one from: (904) 310-4216
Message:  Google #{random 5 digit  here}: Your profile has been compromised . Text back  --READY NOW--  when you are ready to reactivate your profile.

Just want to note that mine had the NOW added to it

(unknown) 6/17/13 4:52 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Nicholas_Johnson 6/17/13 4:55 PM
I found this topic when looking for information on the text I just got.

I got mine from: (323) 380-8197
Message:  Google #{random 5 digit  here}: Your account has been compromised . Text back  --READY NOW--  when you are able to verify your account.

Interesting how similar, yet a few minor adjustments, changing profile to account, and reactivate to verify.

Do we know what these are?  Safe to just report it spam and move on with life?

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Stanley Halaby 6/17/13 6:04 PM
Yeah.. I've been looking around Google's site(s?) to find a place to report this.. I too got one from (773)336-2849 "Your account has been compromized, etc." .. I even called their damn phone number in California and the recorded female voice says "as we do not provide phone support at this time, please go to www.google.com/support" .. .. .. I had to find THIS topic thread by searching on Google search! I guess we're on our own on this one, folks :(
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jenn Tyler 6/17/13 7:22 PM
I got

"Google #22496: Your account has been hacked. Text back -- READY NOW -- when ou are ready to reactivate your account."

from phone number 503-479-5672. A reverse number look up says the number is a landline number coming from Portland, Oregon...

Contacted US Cellular about it. They haven't seen anything like this before. I'm considering it a phishing attempt and not doing anything with it except reporting it here.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mike Lowe 6/18/13 12:30 PM
i just got it too.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Stanley Halaby 6/18/13 1:22 PM
Well, I looked further and on the 'Google Voice' forum, a representative said 'thanks for reporting' .. so it seems they know about it now.. funny, these texts are coming from all around the country, different area codes.. to all sorts of people.. dunno if it's all 'google' users or not.. Interesting though.. and I'm very happy to see there's people with a clear head to question and report these rather than do what those texts ask.. :)
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Stanley Halaby 6/18/13 1:24 PM
@Deborah Cornett eek! I just noticed the area code yours came from! San Antonio Texas! That's where I live.. and it's weird that the one I got came from Chicago! :/
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked willdye 6/18/13 3:04 PM
No, it is not legit.  I received a similar message a few minutes ago (June 18, 2013).  I'm not sure if it helps much, but I went ahead and reported mine to "phishin...@us-cert.gov".  That address was set up for reporting web sites and email, so I'm not sure if that's a good place to report SMS phishing, but hopefully us-cert won't mind.  Here's a copy of the scam message that was sent to me:

===========================================================

SMS from (229) 234-9034

Gmail #88740: Your profile has been hacked. Reply to this message with  --SENDNOW--  when you are able to verify your profile.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jeanette Colon 6/19/13 9:44 AM
Here's a copy of the e-mail I got which was an SMS message.

913) 396-9526 <13477704017.19133969526.6K3zN1VKPV@txt.voice.google.com>
11:23 AM (1 hour ago)

to me
 Gmail #60566: Your account has been hacked. Text back  --GET NOW--  when you are ready to verify your account.

--
Sent using SMS-to-email. Reply to this email to text the sender back and save on SMS fees.
https://www.google.com/voice/

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Karen_C 6/19/13 9:51 AM
I got the same message today and know instantly it's a scam!!!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Karen_C 6/19/13 9:53 AM
oh sometimes phishers just want you to reply so they know they got a "live body" to send spam to!  
CREEPS the number that sent my message was 419 359 4274
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked mulox 6/19/13 11:54 AM
Of course I knew better than to reply.  Since it's google voice, I got the text message on my phone, as well as a copy in my gmail inbox.  So all I wanted to do was report the issue to Google, and I called this place thinking I was talking to Google (realized quickly that it was NOT)...
http://www.wesofttech.com/gmail-support.html

Talking to them was worse than getting the phishing email... these guys told me I should not have opened the email, because there was hidden html that downloaded a trojan to my system (csrss.exe)... BS!  They said they can fix it for the low low price of only $300!  Unbelievable!  Obviously I am not that gullible to fall for that scam either, geesh!

Here is a copy of the email I got:

From (803) 388-8175 <18033888175...@txt.voice.google.com>
1:36 PM (1 hour ago)

Gmail #89029: Your profile has been hacked. Reply to this message with  --GET NOW--  when you are able to verify your profile.

--
Sent using SMS-to-email. Reply to this email to text the sender back and save on SMS fees.
https://www.google.com/voice/

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked CiaoCinzia 6/19/13 1:46 PM
I had a similar msg sent to my phone today with a 5 digit Google number saying my profile had been compromised and to text back SENDNOW when I can reactivate my profile. Phone: 6622780643
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/19/13 2:12 PM
They said they can fix it for the low low price of only $300!  Unbelievable!

Wow, those scammers are getting bold.  The problem is they ask for that because some people will pay it and never realize that absolute nothing useful was done to their computer.
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Christine Sullivan 6/19/13 2:31 PM
Gmail #52145: Your account has been hacked. Reply to this message with  --SENDNOW--  when you are ready to verify your account. This came from 7652010603. My company told me to call Google. Google told me to come to this site on the automated message. My heart went to my throat. Should I believe it? Looks like others have had the problem.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/19/13 3:18 PM
Should I believe it?

You could always read through a few pages of the thread you posted to and see what others have said about this.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Bonnie Rivera 6/19/13 4:12 PM
I just got a message saying:
your account has been compromised text back -- GET NOW --when you are ready to verify your account
from 339.221.7533
plus i got a call from "google voice" at 202.455.8888
what is going on?
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Christine Sullivan 6/19/13 7:34 PM
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked joanlove 6/19/13 8:41 PM
I received one about two hours ago.  Says "Your profile has been hacked.Reply to this message with --SEND NOW-- when you are ready to verify your profile.  Figured it was a scam.  So glad we have these places to go check these things out and people are willing to help.  Sorry for those who don't check.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Jeffrey Durant 6/19/13 8:52 PM
SO HAVE I. HAVE U BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT GOOGLE FOR AUTHENTICITY?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked shorty82 6/19/13 8:54 PM
Jeffrey, it's a scam, delete the text. Google will never send you a text like that.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Cole12342 6/19/13 9:50 PM
This happened to me and I "stupidly" answered the call and put in the digits, which was 67, what could happen?! I got really scared and changed my google password, I am a little worried! Would anyone know what could happen?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/19/13 10:25 PM
Would anyone know what could happen?

Watch your phone bill very carefully for any unexpected charges you may have accidentally authorized.
(unknown) 6/20/13 12:46 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Brenda Addison 6/20/13 2:15 PM
i received the same message
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/20/13 2:31 PM
same answer - scam - delete it 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mai Style 6/21/13 7:26 AM
+14172331746: Gmail #60833: Your account has been hacked. Text back --SENDNOW-- when you are ready to verify your account. 12:29 PM
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/21/13 7:34 AM
i think its a scam - im not sure though - look above :-)
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Sigita Saliklis 6/21/13 1:19 PM
I got the same message, delete it and report the number !
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Julian Samuels 6/21/13 1:58 PM
Just got one from 19164262518

Gmail #35635: Your
account has been hacked.
Text back  READY  when
you are able to verify your account.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Addie Blondefield 6/21/13 2:07 PM
I did the forwarding thing thank you so much I had no idea that service existed! Verizon replied saying they report the number to security providers so I'm happy. Just adding the number that texted me to this thread (814)387-8479 incase it's texted anyone else
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Andrew Oneto 6/21/13 3:08 PM
Just received same txt. I replied, going to call my provider and stop mess. from the #. Anything else I can do to prevent more trouble? Thanks
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Andrew Oneto 6/21/13 3:16 PM
The # sent was 269 409 1185 #88918. I replied then sent code 13. Is this hacking or just spam?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked isaiah92hope 6/21/13 8:00 PM
I got a similar text this morning.  It said "Google #84217:  Your account has been hacked.  Text back --SENDNOW -- when you are able to verify your account."  The phone # it was sent from was 973-298-0763.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked isaiah92hope 6/21/13 8:03 PM
The only reason I think I got the text was because I had checked my Gmail on my mom's iphone.  
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/22/13 5:17 AM
they send it to anyone and hope you use gmail - if you reply they charge your mobile phone for nonsense charges 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Holden90210 6/22/13 7:51 AM
I texted back...I told them to suck it!!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked DeLyn 6/22/13 2:28 PM
Scam still going strong.  812-266-0297
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked grumblemouth 6/22/13 10:50 PM
I got one on 6/22 from 937-315-0395

same wording as everyone else.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Chris Sandstrom 6/23/13 8:42 AM
Recieved the message today from 410-575-3447. Because I am SUPER touchy about phishing tactics I logged into my google from a separate device (regular computer) and all seems to be just FINE!

When I get an unsolicited text from a number I don't know - especially about an account such as google, I am pretty much assured that its a scam. Please don't fall for it folks.

If you're that concerned it's a legit message from google - then email their support from a separate device about it. Do NOT engage with the originator of the text.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mariposas 6/23/13 11:02 AM
I got this on Saturday. I know better but my husband got involved and so I responded. I called back the phone number in the text message and got connected to what I thought was Google Support. Turns out it is a company named PC Solution Experts. I ended up giving them control of my computer to search for evidence of hacking, which he showed me on my screen. One of the first things I did when I got that text was to change my password. The tech said that was all wrong because I could have given the hackers access to my account. Now he really had me scared. So, I let him "optimize" my computer and whatever else to "protect" and "stop" the hackers. What I ended up with was a one year subscription to their technical support to the tune of $259.99 charged to my credit card! Currently, the charge did not go through because I am close to my limit. The message on the charge says "ATM amount greater than daily total limit." This has temporarily stopped the payment. I tried to call the card customer service but they are closed until Monday. I think that the charge may not go through because of other pending charges which would be over my limit. I will contact Customer Service to refuse the charge first thing on Monday AM. I have deleted the downloaded file that gave them access to the computer.
I realized that I had never given my cell number to Gmail for backup so that should have been my clue to the scam. I tried to find out how to report this to Google but they apparently don't want to be contacted. :-(  Don't know what else to do.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/23/13 2:00 PM
I called back the phone number in the text message and got connected to what I thought was Google Support. Turns out it is a company named PC Solution Experts.

That's a different scam than what most people have been reporting (which probably results in charges on your mobile bill).  Your experience suggests the fake Gmail support scams are getting in on the act too (not just limiting themselves to web-search for "Google support").

I tried to find out how to report this to Google...

Wouldn't really help.  They have no control over what text/call spam you receive on your mobile device.  They also can't control companies providing fake support for fees (which probably aren't even located in the US).  As a user you have to be very suspicious of anything that sounds even slightly off, and it doesn't hurt to be suspicious and cautious about stuff that seems legitimate too.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Elaina Mcfarlin 6/23/13 2:17 PM
I got the same text from 947-517-7544. Pretty sure it is a scam. i changed passwords to be safe, though.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 6/23/13 2:35 PM
Mariposas,

In addition to the advice I'm going to post below change your antivirus and firewall to public so the protection level is pushed to the highest level. You can also change the computer's operating system to the same level. I'm going to give you the same advice as though your computer has been hacked. The problem is these fake help companies are hopefully not interested in your email accounts but as far as passwords go you should change all of them to something as secure as possible.

Start by running an anti-virus scan and while this is running:

Scroll to the bottom of your Gmail page and use “Last Account Activity (Details)” to check for unusual  activities here) and also use the Sign out of all other sessions. Change your password to anything you like which will force all other connections out and the strength does no matter at this stage. Check all filters, forwards, signatures and vacation responders to see if anything has been added or is suspicious and if so correct these. Check your recovery options to make sure none have been altered. Now change your password to something really strong (Google will not allow you to reuse a password). Check your recovery account to make sure this has not been accessed and altered in any way and it might be worth changing the password on this.

By rights you should now be safe but you should also check any associated accounts such as bank and credit cards and companies you have previously ordered from to make sure these are safe as well.

You should also use the help in https://support.google.com/mail/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=checklist.cs&tab=29488

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 6/23/13 2:38 PM
Holden and all,

This is completely the wrong thing to do. Whatever you told them makes no difference because all they wanted was confirmation yours is a live number. The code they tell you to send does absolutely nothing apart from that.
(unknown) 6/23/13 2:50 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 6/23/13 3:27 PM
Mariposas,

If they are a reputable company then it should be accepted but I have a feeling it is not the company advertising on Google. If this is the type of cold call that tells you there is something wrong with your computer and you should allow them to fix it remember there is no way they could know anything about your computer without you first allowing them to gain access. What you can do is say you had a computer expert examine your computer and he had to reinstall the operating system involving saving everything on the computer and then restoring it. As soon as you receive his invoice for the work you will be forwarding it on to them.

You should now create a strong password for your computer so they are unable to access it.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Stephen Giovannelli 6/24/13 5:00 AM
Just got one from 16152749189  Gmail #25239: Your profile has been hacked. Reply to this message with  READY  when you are ready to reactivate your profile.  Deleted how do you report these?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/24/13 6:02 AM
you cant report texts to gmail - they do email only 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mariposas 6/24/13 7:49 AM
To all concerned:  I talked to my credit card company and the charge for this service had not gone through. They suggested that I report the card number as stolen which cancels the card and the charge cannot be made. They are sending me a new credit card. That will take a few days to arrive but the company cannot use the card number they have. I also sent a message to the billing department of PC Solution Experts and told them to cancel my subscription and that I was blocking the credit card charge.
I have again changed my Gmail password and security question. During the time this company was "optimizing" my  computer, I was asked to change the security question, so now they do not have that either. As far as I can tell there has not been any unusual activity in my Gmail or on my computer, so maybe all they wanted was to scare me into buying their service. I feel so stupid about the whole mess. It has haunted me all weekend. I feel reasonably confident that I have done all I can do about this. Thank you to The C Man and others who have offered me advice.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mariposas 6/24/13 7:53 AM
I wanted to contact Google to see if they know about this scam. I realize that they are not responsible for phone texts. Was just hoping for some sort of support from them. Oh well.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 6/24/13 9:22 AM
Mariposas,

Getting your thanks makes it worthwhile.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Paul Dobo 6/24/13 12:10 PM
Its a scam just like everyone else said. First red flag was that it was sent on my iphone which isn't tied to any of my google accounts because its a work phone. Second, a reverse phone look up traced it to a VOIP line in Michigan. Didn't think Google had any offices there. But people still fall for these scams.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/24/13 12:13 PM
unfortunately people fall for too many things - you won 2 million dollars in a competition you DIDNT enter - just pay us 2000 dollars to process it

yeah right 

wake up people 

the world is full of scammers 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Tanya Reslewic 6/24/13 5:31 PM
Lol I got one too from a 504-233-8309 Number. Funny thing is though: I don't have a gmail account ._. lawlphishfailz
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked DRBuzzard 6/25/13 4:02 AM
Just got mine last night, figured it was a scam, looked at my alternate non google email that google has on file where they would notify me of problems, nothing there, logged into gmail fine, deleted text. It was my google voice number that forwards to my prepaid cell phone text was sent to. on this long list of posts about this, everyone reports it came from a different number, maybe spoofed number to hide identity that forwards to the real number.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Timna Frank 6/25/13 8:03 AM
I got the message, too.
Just adding the number that texted me to the thread. 1-609-316-2164
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Joann Rosario 6/25/13 3:40 PM
thanks so much!  I was flipping and came home and changed my password
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Paul Ayala 6/25/13 3:48 PM
Just got the same thing funny thing is and how I know it's a scam is I didn't hook this phone number to my gmail account so so how does google know this is my number and if I even have a account ! This phone is not in my name either so don't say stupid or crazy shit like well isnt it in ur name thsts how they kno that isn't the case also this is the first thin to come up on a search . So just add the number to the list of google phones .  Don't respond , change ur password , or update it , again is really the only thing  my can do or create a new acct.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked aaceofspades 6/25/13 4:21 PM
From 818-538-8209

Google #xxxxx Your account has been hacked.  Reply READY when you are ready to verify your account.

The sad truth is I'm sure whomever is doing this gets a lot of replies.  How does this type of phishing work?  Verification of identity??  What's the catch?

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked thomas reddick 6/25/13 9:41 PM
i just got the same message too
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 6/25/13 10:24 PM
How does this type of phishing work?  Verification of identity??  What's the catch?

Our current best-guess is that it's not phishing, but that one of your replies is providing your acceptance to a charge or service that will show up on your phone bill (perhaps unseen for months for people who don't check such things each month).  Lots of money to be made (stolen) from the gullible.
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Michelle Moore1978 6/26/13 8:37 AM
User #85259: Your Gmail account has been hacked. Reply  SENDNOW when you are ready to verify your account.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 6/26/13 8:54 AM
SCAM - DELETE IT 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Furor Night 6/26/13 9:17 AM
Just received a similar text from 318-266-7339

User #47355: Your Gmail profile has been hacked. Text back SENDNOW when you are ready to reactivate your profile.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mary Kaye O'Brien 6/26/13 5:51 PM
just got one today, asking me to reply with SENDNOW to reactivate.  My account was still there, no other problem, I'm going to delete, definitely will not respond
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Void Beast 6/26/13 10:41 PM
Yes, because no one can fake caller ID, of course. Oh... wait, yes, they can. In fact, I could call you right now from the white house, or any other number... Caller ID is -not- secure. Make sure you are not using that to verify anything. Things that are secure: Two-step authentication. Pass-phrases of four or five words in length (passwords are a thing of the past!). Public-key cryptography.

Things that are not secure: Your cell phone. Period. The internet. SSL. WPS/WEP. CDMA/GSM. -SMS-. Caller ID. Your identity.

Oh also, Google has absolutely 0 responsibility in all of this, just so you all know.
On Monday, June 17, 2013 5:30:36 PM UTC-4, Deborah Cornett wrote:
--snip--
> SUGGESTION FOR GOOGLE: If you have us give you a phone number and verify it via a text message or phone recording, YOU should instruct us to save that phone number in our phones as a contact. If ever you DO need to send us a message, we can simply verify that it came from the number saved in our contacts.
--snip--

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Void Beast 6/26/13 10:52 PM
Excellent work, Mulox! =) Glad you did not fall for the csrss.exe fakers. That file is essentialy to the operation of Windows. It stands for Client/Server Runtime SubSystem. If you have more than one process running with that name, then you may (or may not) have a problem... It is worth checking out. I have two running on mine, but it is not a problem because visual studio has some services that start it under another process. But it -can- indicate a possible infection.

Mulox wrote:
> these guys told me I should not have opened the email, because there was hidden html that downloaded a trojan to my system (csrss.exe)... BS!

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Steven Verbridge 6/27/13 8:38 AM
I just got a text message from 913*538*1829 saying my gmail profile has been hacked.  Reply to this message with SENDNOW when you are able to verify your profile.

I know this is a phishing scam because it came through on my cell phone that is NOT registered through Google.  (It is a work phone and I do not have a Google account through this cell phone number.)

I just thought I would report it.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Fuzzy 6/27/13 2:28 PM
I have a couple of comments, given that I work in cryptographic security.

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:41:58 AM UTC-4, Void Beast wrote:

> Things that are secure: Two-step authentication.

More or less, depending on how it is implemented.

> Pass-phrases of four or five words in length (passwords are a thing of the past!).

Not really secure. Passphrases vs passwords is irrelevant without knowing the underlying use.

> Public-key cryptography.

Sure, assuming a large enough key. If I'm using 512-bit RSA to sign something, that's just not secure enough.

> Things that are not secure: Your cell phone. Period. The internet.

So far, so good.

> SSL

Disagree. SSL as a standard is no more insecure than TLS. Can you give me an example of an attack that SSL falls to that TLS doesn't?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked matt frederick 6/27/13 10:18 PM
got the text with READY in it from 734-315-0169
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked FireAgate US 6/28/13 11:56 AM
Just got the same message from +1 (218) 303-5719

Deleting it!

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 6/28/13 12:24 PM
I have a peculiar feeling this could be a college joke. Have you thought what the recipients of a text with a couple numerals or a cryptic message from a number they have never heard of are thinking?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Andrea Lucius Wesson 6/28/13 5:11 PM
Same message, from number (972) 439-5296... yeah, right!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked James Hood 7/1/13 8:46 AM
It would seem they've updated their message, and number. Just got a text from 513-279-8293 saying:

"g-mail user #96638: your profile has been hacked. text back 'Send Code' when you are ready to get your reactivate number"

first response was of course to ignore it, then log into my gmail account. Not hacked, account still secure yay me.

According to the google, this phone number belongs to someone in Harrison, Ohio. Probably a stolen phone, who knows.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Rebecca Van Liere 7/1/13 10:27 AM
Syracuse (WSYR-TV) – If you’ve received a text message from a sender claiming your Google account has been hacked, you may have been targeted by scammers.

A NewsChannel 9 viewer called saying her husband had received such a text that instructed him to call a phone number with an area code located in Illinois.

According to Google representatives, the company will reach out to its users via text if that user has a verified phone number associated with a Google account.

The company encourages users to register a phone number so that Google can send a message to quickly notify a user when there is suspicious activity on his or her account.

That said, Google never asks for verification from the message itself. In the caller’s case, the return call was to a bogus phone number.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked John Walburn 7/5/13 1:45 PM
I didn't read through all pages of responses, but wanted to add the number I received the message from to help warn others.

707-278-6579

I suspected it was a phishing attempt. Thank you all.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 7/6/13 4:32 AM
your suspicions are correct 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Trona Smith 7/6/13 4:25 PM
I was sorta that idiot that replied, but it didn't ask for any account info. Do y'all think something bad is going to happen?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 7/6/13 11:11 PM
Trona,

Unless the number you called was a premium rate number I'm beginning to think this is a giant practical joke.The numbers are different so whoever receives the text from you is probably wondering who on earth you are and why you sent such a cryptic message. The worst that can happen is you could get an advertising call or text as you have proved your number is live.

So far nobody has reported any of these.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked sevensthru 7/7/13 6:34 PM
Just got the following:

Google User #71565:
Your profile has been hacked.  Text back 'SEND CODE' when you are able to get your reactivate code.

idiots...

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked sevensthru 7/7/13 6:38 PM
P.S. - the number was 615-274-9367
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Ted Royster 7/8/13 7:22 AM
I received a similar text message within the past couple of days.  The text message sender phone number show: 574-400-5341
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 7/8/13 7:27 AM
these people need to be kneecapped 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked very upset!!! 7/8/13 8:59 AM
Recieved a similar text last night that said user#67342 your gmail profile has been hacked reply Send now to reactivate your profile...didnt reply but...called the number just dialed *67 b4 to block my number....its a personal number, guys name was Al Lopez... definitely a scam...not impressed any ideas on how to turn him in?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 7/8/13 9:07 AM
nope - its not related to gmail

may even be a joke
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Pyrodood 7/9/13 6:10 PM
Yes this is a scam.  I recieved a similar message.
"G-Mail User #32844: Your account has been compromised.  Reply ' GET CODE' when you are ready to recieve your reactivation number."

I've received sms from google before similar to this so I figured what harm could be to enter in an activation code.

So I replied GET CODE and got a two digit code.  Google voice called me and asked me to enter the verification code, I did.  

Then I get a message on Gmail stated that my phone number was removed from my google voice account.

So I reclaimed the number.  As far as I figure they go through the same reclaim number process, then text you the verification number google provides them on their google account, then google voice calls you and asks for the verification.  So the verification call you get is legit but you're entering verification for a non legit account.  Likely so they can sign up for a google voice account using a forwarding number that can't be traced back to them.  They can then use the google voice service for whatever purposes nefarious or otherwise without a verified number that they can be tied to.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mary Samida 7/10/13 12:52 PM
Just happened to me, obviously a scam, deleting now.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Cristina Ram 7/10/13 2:14 PM
User #85127: Your Gmail account has been hacked. Text back  VERIFY when you are able to reactivate your account.

I just received this.... Is it a scam? I'm researching just to be on the safe side

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 7/10/13 2:33 PM
Cristina,

The idea of research is to check for yourself so please research the previous replies.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Robert Jack 7/11/13 8:25 AM
I too just got one. From 781 261 0387. I never put a number on my gmail account. I don't even hardly use it.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 7/11/13 8:36 AM
its NOT related to gmail - they try random numbers 

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Tisa City 7/11/13 10:52 AM
I did the exact same thing and got a Google Voice account.  My text was a little different.  It read:
Your Gmail profile has been compromised.  Reply to this message with VERIFY when you are ready to verify your profile.

First thing I did was look it up to see if it was some type of scam, then I called hoping to cuss someone out.  No answer, shame!

I feel bad for anyone who trusted the text!

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked giglqueen 7/11/13 3:15 PM
Did anything happen?  I replied as well before trying to research it.  I haven't received a phone call like it said, and I went in and changed my password from my computer, just in case.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Tisa City 7/12/13 6:05 AM
Nothing happened.  I never replied to the text, but I did call the number.  There was no answer.  About an hour later I received a phone call back from the number.  He swore up and down he didn't send the text and I told him to make sure his number hasn't been compromised (I don't even know if that's possible). I did get to give him a piece of my mind before he told me he didn't send the text.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 7/12/13 6:32 AM
I'm still betting it is somebody who thinks it is funny. Instead of calling the number shown try seeing if you can find the number the text came from.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Mary Cunningham 7/12/13 1:29 PM
I also received a message that I'd been hacked on my phone.  Is it legit?
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 7/12/13 1:31 PM
Is it legit?

Read the thread you posted to and see what has been (repeatedly) said about them.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Tisa City 7/12/13 1:42 PM
No it is not legit.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Tisa City 7/12/13 1:42 PM
No.  Disregard it.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked JimmyJJShabadu 7/12/13 3:33 PM
I received a similar text from 208-274-3560 today.  Deleted it.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Donna Weatherington 7/13/13 9:07 PM
I just received a text saying that my account had been hacked. It asked me to text GET CODE back to them. I did this! Then they called, by this time I had come to my senses and did not answer. I hope texting back didn't give them access to any of my info. The number was 415-237-3486
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 7/13/13 10:33 PM
Donna,

Just told somebody they had a live phone number with somebody on the end who it might be possible to scare into buying their services or somebody who was wondering why somebody sent them such a cryptic message. They have absolutely no knowledge of any details of yourself except your phone number.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Kdiggidy 7/15/13 11:02 AM
I got a text just a few minutes ago saying

"Google user #68954 your account has been hacked. Reply 'get code' when you are ready to receive your reactivation code."

Needless to say, I immediately looked up similar messages on forums, which ultimately lead me here.

I would advise not communicating with anyone BUT google support, and not from the number in which you received the message.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Tyler Echevarria 7/15/13 11:17 AM
I just received a message from 262-204-7491 stating:

User #78342: Your Gmail profile has been compromised. Text back VERIFY when you are ready to verify your profile.

Sounded like a scam but I googled it just to be safe. Thought I would add to the list as well.

Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked icantchooseone 7/15/13 11:22 AM
its NOT related to gmail

we think its a scam to charge you for bogus charges  on your mobile so check your mobile account if you did reply , otherwise ignore / delete it 
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked Matt Kumm 7/15/13 11:41 AM
I also received one. Although mine seems different from any of yours.
Google User # (I forget now. I blocked the number and it deleted the text.) Your account has been hacked. Text back GET CODE to get your reactivate code. <--or something like that.
Not able to look it up at the time, I replied GET CODE. The response was:
Verify #(something 5 digit) We'll call you. Enter the code 72 when prompted.
As soon as I could, I Googled the number and it came up as being from somewhere in Ohio. I then found discussion threads like this one and blocked that number from my phone. I can't reread the text now because blocking that number deleted the text.
text messages from google saying I've been hacked Daniel Antoine 7/20/13 6:10 AM
My account locked out , I received message from google, tell me , to reset my pass word , I did it . I still can't get access on my account
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked bkc56 7/20/13 12:41 PM
My account locked out...

See the following article about how to recover a lost or compromised account:  http://gmailaccountrecovery.blogspot.com/
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 7/20/13 4:30 PM
Daniel,

What did the message say and how was it delivered? Was it by email and did it give you a link to go to so you could change it?
text messages from google saying I've been hacked sharonstrinity 7/26/13 11:59 AM

Blahblahblah...! We all received a message with a different number involved and different message. I get that, but all is see is yeah me too... OMG!

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to find information. I thought that when I clicked on this link I would learn something about "Account access and safety". Instead, "forward as spam"  (Not at all useful! (The ONLY response that was at all useful was that only email can be reported... THANK YOU! Now that was helpful!
Don't respond (really? That would be in the common sense category)
Watch your bill-again common sense

Wh

text messages from google saying I've been hacked sharonstrinity 7/26/13 12:29 PM
Premature send...
I'll cut to the chase... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING USEFUL TO ADD?
'Chimers' please validate your existence another way and chime to yourself. 'Opinion givers' please give those to your buddies at the bar. These opinions are as useful as me asking my dentist why my brakes speak or or my toilet is clogged.
Aren't these forums  meant to assist, help, educate, link something besides the pages and pages and pages of nonsense? So please think before you ... Some of us aren't trying to spend a grip of time digging through the be to learn something besides nothing!
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked The C Man ((mobile laureate) elder advisor) 7/26/13 12:43 PM
sharon,

What I can tell you is Google would not contact you by text except for validation purposes. The numbers given are either joke numbers or will eventually get you in contact with a company (normally in Asia) who will try to convince you of a fault in your pc and offer to fix it through a back door which could leave you vulnerable to hacking or if you are very lucky doing no more than leaving your computer as it was before.

What more do you need to know? All this information is in the preceding replies.
Re: text messages from google saying I've been hacked lnknprkfn 7/27/13 8:54 PM
I got one from a 252-563-3163 saying  User #92276: Your Gmail profile has been compromised . Text back VERIFY when you are able to verify your profile.

a few things clearly mark that its fake lol.

1. being that you would think its a automated message im sure it would either come from a. the same number used to link your accont that if you never cleared your inbox (like myself) you would see it at the start of the list) or b. a 4-8 digit number in a 1234, 123456, 12345678 or even 1234-1234 format.

2. the use of "verify your profile." rather than "verify your account/identity."

3. i do believe google would know your email and would probably send it to it aswell and use your full @gmail.com address...

4. i don't believe im anywhere near the 10,000th user regestered my user# would probably be in at least the 100s of thousands if not higher..

PS: everyone who gets this kinda email might want to make sure the have 2-step verification enable and that everything is checked off in securty settings, i did need to make sure my phone was verified for my securty notifications. so either way when in doubt check the long way around xD

More topics »