Categories: Technical issue? :

Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled.

Showing 1-12 of 12 messages
Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. Life Maid Easy 8/10/12 6:56 AM

Did the above, and still want to start a new thread?

Link to your local Google+ page (previously known as a Place page): http://www.lifemaideasy.com
Business name (as it is in your account): Life Maid Easy
Business location: Street address, City, State/Province, Country: Vancouver, BC 
Business telephone (as it is in your account): 
Business category (e.g. hospital, etc.): Cleaning Services

What's the issue you're experiencing? 

The problem I am having is, our listing address on the google search had the old address.  I requested a change of address, and our listing disappeared. We received a post card, and now it says we need to wait longer.  Since we have been removed from the google searches in the maps, our business has dropped significantly.  I never asked for my listing to be disabled just changed.  There is no way to express to Google, how important it is we keep our listing enabled.

Secondly I created a google + page, we haven't done anything with it yet, and it had the new address in it.  However when it shows up on Google maps, it goes to the Google + page not our website, which really doesn't help our client book an appointment or call us. I have now deleted the page, and am waiting for our listing to go from unverified to verified.  This process has taken over a month so far.

I cannot stress enough how much business we are loosing because of our placement disappearing.

Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. Life Maid Easy 8/10/12 7:02 AM
I have deleted the google + page, but I hope this will not delete all our reviews, and everything linked to it.

Ultimately I just want to get us back on Google maps, and the Google search with our correct listing information

Listing as below:

Life Maid Easy Eco-Friendly Cleaning Services
428-470 Granville Street
Vancouver BC V6C 1V5
Canada
http://www.lifemaideasy.com

Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. jim.jaggers 8/10/12 7:26 AM
It appears that you currently have two listings active in local search.

You should close the old address by clicking on an Edit Details link and selecting the option "Place is permanently closed".  You can find Edit Details by clicking on the gray arrow to the right of the business namein the search above or by opening the Google+ Local page and hovering the mouse pointer to the right of the address.

You business name appears to be Live Maid Easy.  Including the extraneous words Eco-friendly Cleaning in the Company Name box could get you kicked out of search results for a violation of the Google Places Quality Guidelines.

Google's search algorithms don't handle vanity phone numbers well.  I understand that 604-682-MAID is easier for people to remember, but using it could hurt your search ranking.
Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. Life Maid Easy 8/12/12 5:54 PM
The problem is the OLD address is the one with the reviews, that we need to transfer to the new one.

Is there a way to get a hold of someone at google, and have them transfer them over to the new address?
Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. jim.jaggers 8/12/12 6:31 PM
There is no way to manually transfer the reviews.  They may move to the new location, keeping the same name and phone number will help in this regard.

The reviews are stored separately from the business details and matched periodically on Name, Address, and Phone number. Changing the address is no more likely to transfer the reviews to the new Google+ Local page than is the case if you create a new listing.
Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. Flash (RER) 8/12/12 8:01 PM
I am your local reviewer; if you will just go to https://plus.google.com/116798187587915321789, click on "Edit business details", check "Place is permanently closed" and then write in a note stating "Moved to 428 Granville Stree, there is already a new, claimed listing at that location"; I will approve it afterward if you leave me a note here. This is the proper process for closing locations. I can do it for you, but then my edit will have to wait for some other approver to come along.

Jim's information is important, you need to remove the descriptors from your business name on your new listing.  Can you also provide me your suite number, I need to add that so that your risk of accidentally merging with your neighbours is reduced.  Finally, do you have regular office hours and customers that come see you there?

You also need to check your website, your "Contact us" page returns an error.  It is hard for Google to have confidence in the new listing when even your own website doesn't confirm it.
Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. `Keenan 8/12/12 10:13 PM
@Flash - I thought you said that Reviews will not transfer to a new location, did I make that up?  Could you clarify a bit? 

Jim mentioned he thought it was possible  Clearly this will always be a major concern for anyone who is moving locations.

Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. SQLPerformance 8/13/12 1:41 AM
I have seen reviews jump from a Closed office to a different open one on business name alone.

When users have duplicates in search their reviews are apportioned across them depending on the minutiae of the merge algorithm. Once sorted they trickle back to the one listing, less any subject to any new anti-spam measures.

Its best to keep a clean listing and web presence to avoid a re-fresh and so be subject sooner to new spam efforts.
Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. Flash (RER) 8/13/12 9:12 PM
I've never said they won't transfer (that I know of), instead I've said about what Jim has said; they attach based on NAP and there is no guarantees as to what will happen.

And while it is a concern for someone moving location; unfortunately whether they will or won't / do or don't is not a factor.  You must give your correct, up to date information.  Google's algorithms will decide if the reviews transfer.

Consider this; the system cannot always tell that two listings are the same location (thus duplicates), nor that two separate locations are different (thus merges even when distant from each other).  So whether the reviews transfer or not is probably dependent on a similar algorithm, and it doesn't always get it right.  SQLPerfomance's example of them transferring on name only is probably equivalent to when two McDonald's on the opposite sides of merge, even though they only shared a name; it may or may not have been intentional.
Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. `Keenan 8/14/12 1:19 AM
Okay cool... thanks!  I thought you mentioned something about reviews staying at an old location if a similar business were to open in it's place.   I have an issue, but will post a new thread.
Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. Flash (RER) 8/14/12 1:39 AM
Well in my opinion they SHOULD stay on the old listing, as the new listing should have to earn its own reviews.   After all, many units/buildings are built to accommodate a certain type of business, so often the same sort will open in the same location; but they aren't the same business.  A location set up with a kitchen and dining area will usually have a new restaurant move in when the old one closes, as opposed to a tire shop.  The new restaurant, as far as I'm concerned, should have to earn its own reviews; it doesn't deserve the old ones just because it shares an address with the unrelated business.

But in the end "should" and what happens when the algorithms are applied are two different things.
Re: Listing Re-Verify taking over a month, plus its disabled. SQLPerformance 8/14/12 3:37 AM
The problem is where old reviews at the location are linked to a new business at the location.

Unless a new owner has bought the ongoing business and taken over the Places entry then when a new business is PIN verified at the location the old reviews should be 'deleted' or if there is a Closed listing for them associate with that.