Categories: Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook :

Googleappsync Error MAPI was unable to load the information service gsync.dll.

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Googleappsync Error MAPI was unable to load the information service gsync.dll. devilaz 6/14/12 10:47 PM
Dear All,

One of my computers on Windows 7 Professional 64bit with Outlook 2010 when opening, came up with this error message ->  

" MAPI was unable to load the information service gsync.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured " 

1. Tried google & yahoo around for answers still came to a dead end
2. Tried uninstall & reinstall Microsoft Office 2010 together with Googleappsync a few times still not working
3. Tried adding in another path line as suggested by other forumers into the environment path also not working
4. Tried doing a PST scan but can't seem to find any PST file in the OUTLOOK main folder
5. Tried going into Control panel -> Mail 32bit & remove all profiles also not working. 


Any kind souls out there have anymore solutions for this?

Is there any Google Support team that can help on this???

Was working fine all the way til yesterday stop working. 


Re: Googleappsync Error MAPI was unable to load the information service gsync.dll. Hannixx 6/16/12 6:08 PM
Ok had this problem too. Running 64bit Win 7 with Outlook 2007 

Bunch of support out there if you look hard but only 1 thread kinda helped me to understand what had occurred.  http://smudj.wordpress.com/2010/01/04/google-apps-sync-for-outlook-gsync-dll-error-on-x64-system/


The correct path in the Environment Variables now properly reads (after Restore) 

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Apps Sync\

I think there was an update to Google Apps Outlook synch on Friday? Saw a new version installed. It changed the location/path (above) of my gsync.dll into Program files instead of being in (x86) program files. 

I fixed it all finally by doing a System Restore. 

Best off luck and hope this helps devilaz - wasted 90 minutes of my time trying to solve...grrrrrr :-) 
Re: Googleappsync Error MAPI was unable to load the information service gsync.dll. devilaz 6/20/12 5:48 AM
Thks Hannixx..!
Re: Googleappsync Error MAPI was unable to load the information service gsync.dll. nullstein 11/6/12 1:54 PM
I started having this problem with 64-bit Windows 8 and Outlook 2010, but it probably applies to all 64-bit versions of Windows. If you eliminated all the other causes mentioned here:


then the whole problem is indeed just a wrong PATH setting, where the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Apps Sync" needs to be IN FRONT of anything else. I've noticed especially apps that are called from a network location in your corporate environment, requiring a PATH setting, do mess up the path to gsync32.dll. So, just make sure the Google Apps Sync setting in the PATH is in front of that stuff and you should have no further problems.