Google Product Forums
Re: Location Services is Off message and location services not working since last Maps/Search update
May 29, 2013 12:16 PM
Posted in group:
Google Mobile Help Forum
Google Maps & Earth
Thanks for your help and patience while we investigated your reports.
We've determined that for some users running Android 4.1, the latest update to Google Play services caused Google's location service to stop working in some cases.
For those specific users where Google's location service wasn’t working correctly, we pushed an update which fixes this.
To get the update
1. Open the Play Store app (version 4.1.10) on your device
2. Restart your device after 1-2 minutes
To verify that the fix has worked, you can open Google Earth, which should give a location fix after you restart the device.
- Your device will need an active network connection in order for these steps to work.
- You may have to wait a couple of days to receive version 4.1.10 of the Play Store app.
- To check your version of the Play Store app: Open the Play Store app. Touch
(three dots at the top), then select
. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to see your 'Build version.'