Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended

Showing 1-77 of 77 messages
Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ytKARL 12/15/11 7:41 AM

Hey everyone,

Yesterday marked the last day of the channels and watch experiment, otherwise known as Cosmic Panda. Contrary to what some might have thought, Cosmic Panda was not the new version of YouTube to come, but just an experiment we used to test out some new and interesting ideas.

Since launching the experiment in July, we learned a lot and incorporated many results of the experiment into our recent homepage and channels update, which you’re using now. We're happy with what we found and are now bringing Cosmic Panda to a close. 

If you’re interested in seeing what else we’re working on, you can always check out other experiments we're currently running at YouTube.com/TestTube.

Thanks for all your feedback on Cosmic Panda and YouTube. Stay tuned for more to come!

-ytKARL

Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended RubenU 12/15/11 8:34 AM
Well...
I just want cosmic panda back,
I always used 720P screen size and now I cant.....
OR
update youtube withe a fourth screen-size option ;)

Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Brennusbr 12/15/11 9:31 AM
We need Cosmic Panda back! It was way better than this new look! Please, leave it as a optional layout! =(
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Brainlazy 12/15/11 9:50 AM
The new video size options are terribly limited compared to Cosmic Panda.  My choices now are either postage stamp or fullscreen?
Thanks for finding a way to make me not want to use your service! :|
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Marstar 12/15/11 9:54 AM
Well, that's nice YouTube, i can't watch my movies in 720p without fullscreening them and chopping their quality... -.-
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended HarrisonHill 12/15/11 10:22 AM
Bring back 720p screen size! I don't want to watch videos in fullscreen. 720p screen size was the greatest future youtube EVER made, and now you removed it. Well done youtube!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ytKARL 12/15/11 10:33 AM
There's a widescreen mode that puts you in a Cosmic Panda type Player it's the button between the fullscreen and the default size on the Watch page (see screenshot). This size defaults to 480p - playback by default automatically picks the highest quality for the size of the player (360 for the default, 480 for wide, 720 for fullscreen). You can change the widescreen player to 720 if you feel it gives you better quality, or go widescreen.

Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended HarrisonHill 12/15/11 10:43 AM
Guys, use these extensions:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/120564 - It will add player sizes and u can watch 720p size again

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/69740 - This will play videos always in 720p quality.

Enjoy!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Brainlazy 12/15/11 11:03 AM
KARL, you do realize that "widescreen mode" is still significantly smaller than the previously available extra large view in Cosmic Panda.  I mean, you should realize this being a Google Employee after all?  :(

People are calling it 720p size because it literally set the player viewport to 1280x720 pixels so HD video was presented crisply in its native resolution.  The new "wide mode" simply doesn't do this.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended BASiQ 12/15/11 11:33 AM
We want Cosmic Panda back! New version sucks!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Thecarvlogger 12/15/11 12:24 PM
Can youtube please allow us to pick the option to have the new setup(which looks the exact same as the old on) or have us use cosmic panda(the best youtube layout ever). The black background was so much better for watching videos and the setup was so much better. Cosmic Panda needs to come back, I liked it so much better!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Stainlesssteele4 12/15/11 12:45 PM
I had no idea it was testing... well, I did, but I didn't think it'd go away. Can we have it back? Been using it for several months, and I hate the new/default layout.
Cosmic Panda had no problems, and testing seems successful, so let youtubers have it back.
And a lack of 720p is more than depressing.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ytKARL 12/15/11 12:57 PM
Yes, I realize it's smaller - it borrows the darkened view, which is the only reason I said it hearkens back to Cosmic Panda.

I can definitely understand that having to use fullscreen for a high quality HD experience isn't everyone's preference - thanks for your feedback, I've passed it along to the rest of the team.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Dragyrn1456 12/15/11 1:05 PM
Youtube is shit without Cosmic Panda, I hated having to use a really small screen size, even with widescreen. And the layout is bullcrap regularly, We want Cosmic Panda!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ytKARL 12/15/11 1:14 PM
Good news for fans of the "720p size" player. We're actually experimenting with options for a 1280x720 player showing up, depending on your browser size. Thanks for your feedback!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended comradeluigi 12/15/11 1:26 PM
bring back cosmic panda! playlists were much better, comments were better, the layout was much better, the related videos were way Better, they look like shit now, seriously why didn't you make it  the new layout? the one you have right now does not fit with the new homepage and channels. it is way out of place
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended comradeluigi 12/15/11 1:45 PM
and why did youtube get rid of the hiding of the bar?
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended daleskill1 12/15/11 2:07 PM
I WANT MY PANDA BACK!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended kunio 12/15/11 2:38 PM
Please, bring Panda back, it was much better than standard interface!!!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended BionicTenshi96 12/15/11 4:42 PM
Please bring Cosmic Panda back again, at least as an optional feature... It was so cool.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ytKARL 12/15/11 4:43 PM
Cosmic Panda itself won't be coming back, but like I said in the OP, we learned a lot from the experiment, and you should expect a lot of that to be reflected in the site in the future. 
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended kodychristian 12/15/11 7:20 PM
Cosmic Panda was definitely a favorite of mine.  There were three things that I found really useful.  The first, of course, which was everyone's favorite option were the screen sizes.  I enjoyed being able to view in any size I wanted.  720, definitely my favorite.  There are very few videos I watch in full screen.

The second of these was the playlist underbar.  I loved having that directly below my video screen and being able to scan through playlists quickly and effectively.  This is something you definitely need to include in a future update.

The third thing was the related videos.  While I do enjoy stumbling through Youtube, it is not my whole reason for coming to Youtube.  I come for my subscriptions.  I would like it if related videos did not take up so much real estate.  They were perfectly placed in a conspicuous position and were not intruding on my video space.

Something I would like to have, but don't care if it doesn't come back is the darker background in the layout.  Also, the description in my opinion was not nearly obvious enough where it was placed in Cosmic Panda.  So, try to get that closer.

On the current homepage, I would like it if we were able to organize our pinned channels.  I don't really like the alphabetical order default.  Some of my favorite channels start with the letters S and V.  I have to expand to see them.  Also, I would like to be able to pin more than ten.  And, when I select uploads only from my specific channels in the actual channel feed I would like for it to stay that way until I clear my cache.  I have to click uploads only everytime I revisit Youtube.  Finally, I would like to be able to clear my watched videos on my "dashboard."  I miss the old subscription experience just because of that feature.

Overall, decent experience, but I would love to have a lot of the Cosmic Panda features implemented.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended kodychristian 12/15/11 7:35 PM
Also, I would like to amend a bit of what I said.  Saw the 720p option for the new layout.  I digg.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended SilverXZ 12/15/11 8:51 PM
I would be really glad to have the 720p player size back.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ncpasan 12/15/11 11:17 PM

Please we need Cosmic Panda back......
if you can give the user an option to switch between Cosmic Panda and the Standard interface it would be great
because Cosmic Panda was simply great when compared with the Standard interface......
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended aLcHy09 12/15/11 11:18 PM
I had a question @KARL.

By adding a 1280 x 720 player option do you mean we can watch 360p videos also in that size or only 720p videos?? Please enable it for all qualities of the video rather than just 720.. That would be really helpful. Anyways thanks a lot for hearing to the users input and doing something about it.

Any date you can give us as to by when it will be enabled??? Or better you can enable Cosmic Panda for now, until you guys are done doing that player...

Really missin it...
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Talaria5 12/16/11 3:57 AM
I miss the Cosmic Panda interface too. Unfortunately the new interface is not as classy.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ExCess 12/16/11 4:20 AM
Cosmic Panda, as "just an experiment", was WAY BETTER than the current new look, which is supposed to be "final design".

Seriously:

- 720p sized Player

- Centered Videoplayer by default

- Remember the playersize i chose the last time i visited the site

How hard can it be.
We want to watch videos - so give us a site that focuses on a nice video player. That's about all i need and want.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended hellowiththepudding 12/16/11 9:31 AM
I agree with the others above me - Cosmic Panda was the best layout, I loved it so much! 
If you don't want it as the official look, okay, whatever, fine, but please give us a choice to use Cosmic Panda again! Maybe only a few of us liked that Panda, but we liked it for so many reasons, and we had good times together. 
Please make it a choosable option!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended D3mon_Hunt3r 12/16/11 9:36 AM
Yeah you really need to bring it back, Youtube is not the same without Cosmic Panda!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ytKARL 12/16/11 10:16 AM
@aLcHy09 Like I said, it's something we're experimenting with, so there's a lot up in the air. Hope to have some more news  soon.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ytKARL 12/16/11 10:34 AM
@kodychristian Thanks for the feedback about pinning. How that's ordered and the best way to show that is actually something we're looking into right now.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended the_majk 12/16/11 11:43 AM
Bring back the exact size options of Panda. And don't limit it to browser/screen size, Panda size options were perfect, why are you trying to both reinvent a wheel and then fix something that wasn't broken?

And also, please for the love of god put those sizes in the settings, so that you can set a default size to use for all videos, it's annoying to ALWAYS have to set it larger than the post stam size whenever you have restarted the browser...
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Vilgelm 12/16/11 12:57 PM
Sad... I want it back and many other users too
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended the_majk 12/16/11 1:29 PM
Also, after watching a dussin or so videos today, I'm p r e t t y sure I've got the message..
"Welcome to our new look! Thanks for testing Cosmic Panda, and keep an eye out for future YouTube experiments."

Clicking the X to close it, one would think meant it went away, but alas - it takes up real estate on every single video I watch, not cool.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended JasonFresh 12/17/11 2:01 AM
Plz, I want   pand back!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Marioysikax 12/17/11 2:38 AM
Well I liked darker layout and simple buttons to choose 480p and 720p as needed. Also playlists were displayed MUCH nicer.
There are some greasemonkey scripts and some stylish themes to simulate similar look but it's not near as awesome as cosmic panda :(

If just someone would have backup of cosmic panda CSS and player it would be possible to revive it with greasemonkey and stylish.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended jackkazh 12/17/11 3:15 AM
WE WANT COSMIC PANDA BACK!
Occupy google support!

C'mon, guys, cosmic panda was just what everyone needs.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended menax 12/17/11 10:23 AM
please bring back cosmic panda don´t kill the panda :(
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended koenahn 12/18/11 12:53 PM
I think we all agree that the users what it back. Cosmic Panda was way more comfortable and user-friendly than the so-called 'new look'. That 'new look' is no different from what we had in 2010; it is still terrible.
Can has panda plz?
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Znuff 12/18/11 8:09 PM
I absolutely loved the available view sizes and the background color and the layout of the player.

Would love a Chrome Extension for it or a proper user script :-/
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended annoyed users1000000 12/19/11 5:12 AM
the new look is fucking crap.shit and the fucking ass holes who think they are bright sparks for doing it should be fucking sacked because they are useless pieces of shit
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended JonRoberts 12/19/11 6:17 AM
@google employee:  What can we do to cause Cosmic Panda to return?  It is superior to standard YouTube.

@userstyle script writers:  Is there a script extension or cookie hack I can use to bring back the Panda?
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended meli_lovely 12/19/11 7:03 PM
WE WANT COSMIC PANDA BACK PLEASE :D!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended MIrko935 12/20/11 7:54 AM
I know it was just an experiment, but surely you can bring back the option, can't you? Apparently there's quite a few of us that really liked it.

I don't use subscriptions, I just occasionally watch a video or two (usually music videos) and I really loved having them in a bigger screen and with 720p, especially since audio is much better on 720p. Now I, again, have to put higher quality manually on every video I watch, which means it is impossible to have a playlist play in high audio quality.
The possibility to have a large list of suggestions instead of comments in the lower part of the screen was also great.

Cosmic Panda was the best thing ever on Youtube. Please, bring it back. It obviously exists somewhere, how hard can it be for you to just enable it again? Extend the length of the experiment, maybe? Indefinitely, if possible.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended JonRoberts 12/21/11 6:24 PM
Try this hack:   http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=0e15d63ffa042197&hl=en
This message has been hidden because it was flagged for abuse.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended harmjwill 12/28/11 1:03 AM
I WANT COSMIC PANDA BACK !!! 

WHY?? you ask? 

-Loved the Extra wideview extra large video 
-Loved how the Suggested video's looked
-Loved how the Comment section looked.

Actually the new Youtube look IS better then the last one. But COSMIC PANDA IS THE BEST! :)
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended harmjwill 12/28/11 1:07 AM
Doesn't YOUTUBE think about people with High Res screens? 

Most displays are FULL HD now. So the Extra video size was very usefull.. As people stated here.

Now can i only choose between Postalstamp and fullscreen :(
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended comradeluigi 12/31/11 6:52 AM
@nighthawk006phoenix but it is broken compared to cosmic panda
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended rexydallas 1/1/12 8:20 PM
they are almost as horrible update-wise as a certain free online building game's admins at making updates. ALMOST!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended rexydallas 1/1/12 8:24 PM
(and they care just as subatomic about their user's opinions)
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended anthonycougar 1/7/12 5:58 AM
I agree, Cosmic Panda's features were far superior to the current iteration of the YouTube UI. Specially the lack of large non-fullscreen view and even more importantly lack of sticky "Uploads Only" toggle for subscriptions. I hate having to either click that manually each time or use greasemonkey script to do it for me.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended J. Scot 1/12/12 2:03 PM
I'd love to hear the reasons why the aspects of Cosmic Panda everyone seems to have loved so much weren't included in the final design (regardless of whether they're being considered for a future release). 

Specifically: the video playlist bar directly under the player, the 720p player size, the centered video - depending on whether an ad was displayed to the right, the layout below the player (comments and recommended videos).
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended sykotikkytten 1/12/12 6:14 PM
i really miss Cosmic Panda, it was fantastic. :(
This message has been hidden because it was flagged for abuse.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Zhifu 1/19/12 2:18 AM
"ytKARL
Google Employee
12/15/11
Good news for fans of the "720p size" player. We're actually experimenting with options for a 1280x720 player showing up, depending on your browser size. Thanks for your feedback!"

With the addition of the cogwheel to hide the actual video quality it seems like this is not going to happen any time soon. Any update on this? To me, the large player size was, hands down, the most useful feature of Cosmic Panda.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended RubenU 1/26/12 12:54 AM
Yeay, this is awesome, thanks for making a nice sized frame :D
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended umeshunnithan 1/26/12 1:14 AM
Thanks a lot youtube devs.... AMAZING JOB!!! Damn are we happy now or what!!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended MIrko935 1/26/12 4:45 AM
Very nice, especially the automatic size change, thank you; but what's with that cogwheel? It serves no purpose whatsoever except for making me have to click to see what quality is the video at instead of just glimpsing to the player's corner. I don't get it.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ytKARL 1/26/12 8:57 AM
Thanks for your feedback about the cogwheel, everyone.

We don't hide the numbers to limit the quality options - there are actually more options behind the menu than before. Most people don't bother changing the quality, so making it clear that quality has an Auto option in addition to the other choices you can make manually, we hope, makes more clear how quality works (before, it was Auto by default).

I also think that it's more intuitive to click on the wheel, thinking it's a button, than a number, which might come off as static (my personal preference, in any case).

There are some other changes in the cogwheel as well, that actually make it more versatile than before. If you set something to 360 or 240p, there's a menu that pops out that lets you select SD quality by default (something you previously could only access from the Settings menu). 

Overall, though, we know this is a new way of changing quality on YouTube and are definitely open to your feedback. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Zhifu 1/26/12 1:57 PM
It's sad to see that most people don't bother to change (increase) the quality, however I'm very glad you've brought the 720p sized player back to us. It's much appreciated, so thank you! :-)

I agree it may be more intuitive to click the wheel, I just miss the little pop-up telling me there's a 720p version available.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended elmurdoc 1/28/12 3:31 PM
i agree, i want it cosmic panda back

Brennusbr
Level 1
12/15/11
We need Cosmic Panda back! It was way better than this new look! Please, leave it as a optional layout
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Spanksh 1/29/12 9:46 PM
Hello, I have a little question about the new 720p-sized player: For some reason when you have the player in big size (at 480p) and switch to 720p you are forced to choose small size and then big size again to get the actual 720p size. Otherwise the player stays at its automatically chosen 480p size (but at theoretically 720p resolution). Also is there some way to force 720p since the player always uses max. 480p automatically which is quite annoying, especially in combination with the problem mentioned before.

The funny thing is these problems occur because of the following, which i found out with a little testing:
If you choose the small player, it remembers that and switches to/keeps 360p. - Thats fine how it is
If you choose the big player, it changes for to the big-720p player and switches to 720p for ONE TIME (but only remembers the big player) - Thats partly fine
If you have chosen the big player before(and therefore have automatically switched to big-720p), it will only remember the big player and not big-720p and therefor only choose 480p videos later on. - Thats not fine at all

The overall very simple problem is that you try to manage 2 players in one. The small player perfectly works for itself. It's in charge of 360 and 240p. The big player divides into two different players the big player which is in charge of the 480p videos and the big-720p player which is in charge of 720p and thats where all the problems come from.

I think the best and easiest way to solve all these problems and to make it also easier for the user would be to simply add a third (or if you also count "full screen", fourth) button for the big-720p player. So you could make it work like this:

Choose small player: remembers that and always loads 360p or 240p (like now)
Choose big player (or then middle): remembers that and always loads 480p - or below, if 480p not available (like now but without the switching to 720p for one time)
Choose big-720p player (or then big): remembers that and always loads 720p - or below, if 720p not available
Choose Full-screen: Depending on the settings stays on the chosen resolution or switches to 720/1080p res (like now) 

That would be perfect and would make everyone happy - at least i think so.
I hope these suggestions are understandable.

Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended madrasi 1/29/12 11:11 PM
I didn't like Cosmic Panda when I tried it (it was filled with glitches), but it wasn't nearly as bad as the new arrangement and its awful channel design, loss of friends, and rigid home page.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Zhifu 1/30/12 1:40 PM
Agreed with Spanksh above.
I open up a 720p link (&hd=1), player size is at 480. I shrink it to 360 by pressing the small box and then expand it by pressing the big box to get it to 720. I close the tab and open the link again. It's back at 480. What gives? Why this odd behavior? Why can't you make it remember the 720 size?
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended MIrko935 1/31/12 6:37 AM
Seriously, what's with that player size? It worked beautifully the first day you introduced 720p sized player again, and now I have to click Shrink and then Expand every time I play a video. Guess I'm back to using those Greasemonkey scripts, they actually work as they should.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Zhifu 2/2/12 10:43 AM
The "Auto" feature is driving me nuts (it's always selected as default as well). It's often it doesn't even switch to a higher resolution when i choose one, so I manually have to pause the video, switch to another resolution and then back to get it to load the high-res stream. My YouTube viewing experience have declined tremendously because of this horrible change.

I'm not sure if this is some sort of adaptive streaming taking bandwidth (never been an issue on my end) and player size (360p or 480p as I can't choose anything higher by default) into account, but if it is - it's not working very well.

Oh, Cosmic Panda, how I miss thee. You never let me down.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended KPlanet 2/2/12 6:27 PM
I run at 1680x1050 resolution on my desktop, so the expanded player defaults to the massive 720p player, which I personally do not like. Is there any way to get the expanded player to default to the 480p player instead?

Note, when i refresh a video with the 720p player going, it then goes back to the normal 480p player for the duration of my session. Every time I open firefox, I have to do it over again.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ashtreylil 2/18/12 4:08 PM
GOOD NEWS!!!!!! COSMIC PANDA IS COMING BACK 3/7/2012 at least thats what my search returned. i think the catch is that their only changing the channel layout (when you click on a users name) not the video layout with the awesome suggested video/comments toggle (my favorite) , 720p video size, and centered video.

there are lots of people complaining about it :/ i think cosmic panda was awesome and the only thing that would make it perfect is a loop button, auto hd, and a download to mp3/wma/mp4/flv/avi
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Spanksh 2/25/12 9:29 AM
Erm is it just me or is the 720p player size completely gone now? I can't get my player back to that size, no matter what i try. :(

@ashtreylil I would love if this would really happen :O
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended umeshunnithan 4/9/12 7:26 AM
Hi Karl,

I just wanted to know why you have taken down the 720p option after it was just perfect and people started thanking you guys for the awesome support that the you (the devs) were giving us users.

Please bring it back. And for the haters of this style, you can add an extra button without the whole automatic re-size thing so that people who still like the stupid small size video can hold on to that, while people who like the 720p can be satisfied too. It feels like you are trying to satisfy one guy and the other gets pissed. Please add another button "EXTRA LARGE" so that most of the users with a bigger screen and better resolution can really enjoy the videos.... Right now popping all the videos out and viewing so that it gives kinda the same effect.

Just curious!!

Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Zhifu 4/24/12 12:47 PM
I just found out today (by accident) that if you resize your browser window to ~1440x1040 the video player will automatically resize to 1280x720. Though the implementation could be better: huge amounts of wasted vertical space and ctrl-f, ctrl-b and similar, which reduce the website area under the ~1440x1040p threshold, will make the player small again thus making the experience good only when browsing maximized or well above the threshold. Running browsers maximized on 1200p & 1600p monitors provides a less-than-ideal experience in my eyes. Maybe it'll work better with the (rumored around the corner) higher-DPI displays... :)

Anyway, while it's not Cosmic Panda good, it's better than a tiny 360/480p player and the video PQ defaults to Auto, but actually shows 720p worth of quality if you manage to buffer fast enough - meaning you don't have to manually switch to 720p every single time no more.

All this without [...]monkey scripts. Imagine that.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended umeshunnithan 4/25/12 10:06 PM
I hope that you are having 1080p resolution. If thats the case then can you please tell how to resize the browser window? Really missing the whole 720p experience..... Using video pop out now...
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended umeshunnithan 4/25/12 11:40 PM
Nevermind. Got the size... :)
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended Zhifu 5/9/12 12:29 PM
It has stopped to automatically resize now for some reason, but the browser window minimum size still remains a fact for it to get to 720p.

Would just be nice if 'Auto' wouldn't default to the lowest quality every time, though, since the player starts out at the smallest version. Waste of pre-buffer.
Re: Cosmic Panda Experiment Has Ended ytKeane 5/9/12 12:38 PM
Where "Auto" starts depends on the video itself and your playback settings. If you have the "pick the best quality for me" option on, it definitely won't pick 240p if there's a better option for the upload. 

Anyhow, I'm locking this thread since the info in the OP's been out for awhile. There are other threads about the large player not sticking and related issues, please search for those if you're interested in that issue.
More topics »