How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel?

Showing 1-17 of 17 messages
How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? Dogbyte420 6/30/09 2:06 PM
I've been searching for hours and can't seem to find a way to play all the vids in a playlist from a new beta channel. I really don't like this switch :(

2009-06-30
I also can't find a way to fullscreen the featured video.
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? tjtiger86 7/11/09 6:13 AM
So the new youtube beta channel removed the "play all | play next" buttons but its default behavior is to automatically play the next video in a playlist.  However, I also can't find a way for it to fullscreen the featured video.
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? BattlefieldDoktor 7/11/09 7:59 AM
You simply click on your playlist and click on the video to start the playlist. The video will start to play and at the end of the video it will automatically play the next video. That's also why there's no "play all / play next" link.

The full screen option is only available at the video page but not at the profile page. Simply click at the link "View comments, related videos, and more" to get to the video page.
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? tjtiger86 7/15/09 6:11 AM
Yes, I knew you could full screen on the video page, but by doing so, you lose the ability to automatically play the next video. 
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? wbeaty 11/15/09 2:06 PM
> default behavior is to automatically play the next video

Wrong.

That default behavior only works if you're trying to play somebody else's playlist.   There seems to be no way to play your own.   It stops after the first video.
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? wbeaty 11/15/09 8:24 PM
> There seems to be no way to play your own

I just discovered... the above problem doesn't appear in ms IE 8.0 browser.   I'd been using firefox, and never was able to play my own playlists.  But I could play other users' playlists.  When using IE, playlists work as advertised.
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? shakaama 12/20/09 2:17 AM
Plalists no longer work.  they no longer work in any browser, they no longer work with the latest updates, they no longer work alone, in channel, nor out of channel.  playlists no longer continually play.

google/youtube needs to fix this.  There's already websites that stream live or recorded items.
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? halneufmille 12/20/09 3:35 PM
Playlists have always worked (and still work) for me on firefox.  But I can't play a playlist on someone else's channel.
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? GouAlex 12/24/09 8:31 AM
For auto-playing a playlist from someone's channel (Youtube original auto-playing):

1) Click the Playlists link on the Subscribe bar of the User's channel

2) At the right pane, click on the playlist you want to play

3) Click the More Info link
{
 You may have noticed that your address/navigation bar has a different address now,
  similar to the one that is on the URL address from this page
}

4) Copy this to your clipboard (select it and press CTRL+C): http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=

5) Select the text on your address bar before the last / (including it)
{
 E.g.: From the addresses below, I would select the bold part:
  http://www.youtube.com/user/GouAlex#g/c/5D9D50309405313F
 OR
  http://www.youtube.com/user/GouAlex#grid/user/5D9D50309405313F
}

5) Paste what you have copied to the clipboard by pressing CTRL+V
{
 Your final address will be something like this:
 http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5D9D50309405313F
}

6) Press the Enter button

7) Click on the Play All Videos link

And you're done!

*Note: You may have noticed that the More Info URL gives you the option of retrieving the Playlist's Identification (PL's ID) to access to the playlist itself (for e.g. my PL's ID is 5D9D50309405313F).

That's all you need to get it playing!

So you can save that ID on your computer and just by adding http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p= before the ID on your address bar, you can Play it any time.

**Other Note: If Youtube by any chance removes the Play All Videos link from there, you may still be able to play the PL with this address:
[1st Video of the PL's URL]&feature=PlayList&p=[PL's ID]&index=0&playnext=1
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? patient1 12/27/09 8:20 PM
a week ago I started playing a playlist on someone's channel and it played all videos automatically. I just sat back and relaxed. Now, no matter what browser or channel, I have to hit the next video in order to play it!

Damn WTF??!?!?!?
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? Li-Ji 1/12/10 5:58 AM
My tip could be faster: just cut-and-paste the playlist ID, put in the Youtube Search box, and search!

I really want Youtube to add "play all" button on the playlist at someone's channel page! I am planning to replace my TV channels with Youtube playlists. This missing of function is my major pain!
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? TraderRock 1/12/10 1:31 PM
Honestly, how ridiculous is it to have to go through all these cut & paste steps to get a playlist to actually run in one's own channel? I'm viewing in Firefox & was wondering lately if there is some reason why I can not watch videos in my own playlist.

Thanks GouAlex for the playlist workaround, let's hope that YouTube gets it together & enables a "play all" function for ALL channels in all browsers. I really don't feel like hopping from Firefox to IE right now to experiment & see if it works.

Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? Paul R. 2/17/10 1:59 PM
This to GouAlex: I understand the fix, nut i do not understand step 5. I think you mean to copy only the playlist ID (which is the part AFTER the / , NOT bold and NOT including the /. All there's to it is to add the unique playlist ID to the URL http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=
Correct?

Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? thedavidleebooth 2/19/10 6:03 PM
the instructions here work, but its pretty damn stupid to require them in the first place when a friggin "play all" link should be there.
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? Communist Red Rose 2/21/10 12:21 AM
           ┌───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
  ☺/ ←◄  OR - Learn To Play The Lazy Rosie Way: type user name or play list name in search. Then Click Click and your done.     │
 /▲      └───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
  / \.

EXAMPLE:
1) Put "GouAlex" or "Entertainment Choirs" in search and click button
2) Click "Entertainment Choirs" play list.

You are done. (example is a same play list as Popular answe above)

Rosie
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? Communist Red Rose 2/21/10 12:37 AM
... and I jsut seen that LiJi already said how to do this.  So Learn To Play The Lazy LiJi Way :)) 
Re: How do I "play all" in a playlist from a beta channel? bohemiandonut 4/27/10 9:48 PM
Better method (maybe):

Unless you are hoping to listen to a very very large amount of songs in a row, the easiest way to "play all" in the new format is with the "Queue" feature. Access this feature by scrolling over the thumbnail of a video in your right side panel. A small arrow will appear. Click the arrow and "add to queue."

This is a little more time-consuming than a simple "play all" button, but it does eliminate having to skip the repeats of songs. So set up for a minute and listen for hours. Just another minute you'll never get back from youtube.