Categories: Images & video content :

Icelandic IP range localized to Russia

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Icelandic IP range localized to Russia Ingvar Bjarnason 5/21/12 6:22 AM
I have read the FAQs and checked for similar issues: 

My site's URL (web address) is: http://www.simafelagid.is

Hi all,

I'm having an issue which I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me with or point me in the right direction.    We are an Icelandic telecom operator and have our own AS number and IP ranges assigned from RIPE.    The issue we are having is that for a portion of the addresses belonging to our IP ranges most of Googles websites and applications are by default localized in Russian.    While we're able to get around this on a case by case basis this is a constant source of frustration to both us and our customers.     I'm having little luck getting support on this issue through Google's normal support channels so I thought I'd post this question here and see if anyone has experienced similar issues.

The AS number and IP ranges in question are

AS 44735

We have double checked both the WHOIS registrations for these networks and the GeoIP classifications and both are seemingly correct and point to Iceland as the originating country.

Best regards,
Ingvar

Re: Icelandic IP range localized to Russia JohnMu 5/23/12 12:15 AM
Thanks for posting, Ingvar! I'll pass it on to the team. 

Cheers
John
Re: Icelandic IP range localized to Russia Ingvar Bjarnason 5/23/12 2:04 AM
Many thanks John, much appreciated  :-)

FYI  We had already gone through the telephone support a couple of times and submitted several times via the following form, first submission a few months ago.

Best regards,
Ingvar