Categories: Crawling, indexing & ranking :

Google's treatment of domains with keywords that might be perceived as adult or offensive

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Google's treatment of domains with keywords that might be perceived as adult or offensive Serlak2012 12/24/12 11:14 AM
I was wondering if Google will penalize sites that might be read as sex related. For example domain Productsexperts.com can be read as ProductsExperts.com or ProductSexPerts.com. Obviously our site will have nothing to do with sex related content but I wonder if Google can see through this confusion?

Thanks a lot for help. 
Re: Google's treatment of domains with keywords that might be perceived as adult or offensive Lysis 12/24/12 11:18 AM
lol No
Re: Google's treatment of domains with keywords that might be perceived as adult or offensive Serlak2012 12/24/12 11:21 AM
Thanks for replying. So you are saying that Google will treat it as any combination of keywords including sex related ones? 
Re: Google's treatment of domains with keywords that might be perceived as adult or offensive Lysis 12/24/12 12:37 PM
No, Google will evaluate the content and categorize it accordingly.
Re: Google's treatment of domains with keywords that might be perceived as adult or offensive Serlak2012 12/24/12 12:44 PM
Thanks a lot, hope you are right :) 
Re: Google's treatment of domains with keywords that might be perceived as adult or offensive Matt_Cutts 12/25/12 2:12 PM
In general we do a pretty good job with this. I wouldn't worry about it. We don't think that ExpertsExchange is ExpertSexChange for example.
Matt