|Is it possible to use google voice mail on the Cricket Carrier?||Triketra||3/5/11 5:44 PM|
|Re: Is it possible to use google voice mail on the Cricket Carrier?||Triketra||3/8/11 5:04 PM|
|Re: Is it possible to use google voice mail on the Cricket Carrier?||colorblind2you||3/8/11 7:52 PM|
I have this on my Flashed Cricket phone but can't figure out how to move a wave file for my answering machine.
|Re: Is it possible to use google voice mail on the Cricket Carrier?||JetKobayashiZala||4/3/11 8:25 PM|
I contacted Cricket regarding the *74 feature just a few days ago when I received a similar message, mine being "This feature code is not available." I also have an Epic flashed over as well. I was told the number forwarded to MUST be in the same area code as your phone number. Hopefully, that also solves your issue with it as well.
|Re: Is it possible to use google voice mail on the Cricket Carrier?||SirCed||5/4/11 3:36 PM|
Good find JetKobayashiZala. I have google voicemail working with my flashed phone on Cricket Wireless. It seems to be working perfectly. Even if the transcriptions can be a bit far fetched. Here's how I did it.
1) Open up your google voice account, click the gear and select 'voice settings.'
Click the link saying that you want a google voice number, or to change your google voice number. This is under the 'phones' tab. Select a phone number in an area code which is in your service area. Conditional forwarding should work now.
2) Dial #74 (new google voice number)
This forwards any calls you do not answer to your google voice account.
Unfortunately, selecting your own google voice number changes a lot of settings, and the account is no longer setup to serve purely as a voicemail server. You have to change those settings back.
3)Still under the phone tabs, in the section for your mobile phone, click the link to activate google voicemail on this phone
4) For your mobile phone, click 'edit', then click 'advanced settings.'
5) Select 'yes' under voicemail access for direct access to voice mail for this phone. I cleared the pin as well
6) Under 'Forwarding Options' select "go straight to voicemail"
7) Click the 'voicemail' tab and adjust the settings as you desire. Record your name and greeting if you haven't already.
8) Click the 'calls' tab, and set 'call screening' to off
And that should be it.