|delete my google voice number from my google account?||tylerxman||7/12/10 4:46 PM|
i want to delete my google voice number without deleting my entire google (gmail, gtalk, etc) account. any way to do this?
|Re: delete my google voice number from my google account?||Box7184||7/12/10 5:44 PM|
You cannot delete a Google Voice account, but you can deactivate it. Even if you deleted your entire Google account, it wouldn't delete the Google Voice account.
To deactivate a Google Voice account:
1) Deactivate Google voicemail for all phones on the account.
2) Delete all but one phone from the Phones tab of the account. It's important to do step 1 before you do this step.
3) On the Calls tab, scroll down and check "Do Not Disturb". This forces all calls made to your GV number to go to voicemail.
Tell all your friends that your GV number is no longer in service.
|Re: delete my google voice number from my google account?||Scott8080||7/12/10 6:30 PM|
How do you port one phone number from one google account to another? I opened a Google Voice account using my main phone number and have since closed that account and opened another. I now want to use that phone number with my new Google Voice account but when I input the number it tells me it is already in use.
I've already deactivated the number on the old account plus deleted the account so now I can't even get back in there.
What do I do now??????
|Re: delete my google voice number from my google account?||Box7184||7/12/10 6:36 PM|
As long as you remember the login information for that old Google account, you can transfer the GV account to your new Google account.
Use this form
|Re: delete my google voice number from my google account?||lovingj||10/2/10 4:20 PM|
Here is a work around to delete a Google voice account without deleting the whole Google Account:
1. Create a new disposable Google account.
2. Request to transfer your Google Voice account to the new disposable Gmail account via the following spreadsheet > http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cjlWRDFTWERkZEIxUzVjSmNsN0ExU1E6MA.
3. Once the transfer finalizes which may take up to two weeks (usually a few hours to several days) then close and delete the disposable Google account.
This will in effect reset Google voice on your current account to a new Voice user and delete the old number and account you had without shutting down your current Google account.