|Site Under Construction (No Adsense account)||Selarka||4/17/10 8:00 AM|
Site(s) URL: http://sites.google.com/a/hsaionline.com/home/
Operating System: Windows XP
Browser: IE 8 (primary), Chrome, Firefox 5.0
I recently copied my stand alone Google site to Google Apps sites. Once the entire site was copied, I checked and found most pages intact. Some broken links to images were restored. Now the site is running perfectly.
The problem is my registered domain name is not getting redirected to the Google Apps Sites. Details follows:
Domain name: www.hsaionline.com (registered with Rediff Business Solutions (Network Solutions Indian Partner))
- When I type in https://www.google.com/a/hsaionline.com, it takes me to the Apps login page. I am able to login as admin and manage my site. The Google Apps control panel/dashboard shows all service as active including sites.
- When I am signed off and try through the URL www.hsaionline.com, it says "This site is under construction. Please visit again to check the status. Thanks!"
- When I type in https://www.google.com/a/hsaionline.com/home/, it changes to https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/hsaionline.com/home/ and says Not Found Error 404.
I have made the necessary changes in my domain host DNS management page and it reads as below:
> Domain Assigning (A Records) are pointing to the domain host which is Rediff Business Solutions as below:
Host (Example www) Numeric IP Status
hsaionline.com 184.108.40.206 Active Edit | Delete
www. hsaionline.com 220.127.116.11 Active Edit | Delete
> Domain Forwarding (CName Records) are changed as per Google Sites guidelines
Am I going wrong somewhere? Please help.
|Re: Site Under Construction (No Adsense account)||cooboosh||4/17/10 9:16 AM|
1) https://www.google.com/a/hsaionline.com - you will always reach Google Apps for your site, cause it's Google Apps standard url to the GA Dashboard
2) www.hsaionline.com - you are getting "This site is under construction. Please visit again to check the status. Thanks!", cause you didn't set option web address mapping.
Fill out and send the form.
btw, I suggest not to redirect with js, many people set it off... Better solution is to use 301:
Redirect permanent / http://www.hsaionline.com/
Just paste it to the .htaccess.
|Re: Site Under Construction (No Adsense account)||Selarka||4/17/10 9:54 AM|
Thanks Coolboosh for the answer... couple of things didn't go right with me.
1) TRUE. The site title is /home/ as in when I log in as admin into http://www.google.com/a/hsaionline.com/, the site URL is http://sites.google.com/a/hsaionline.com/home/. This works fine only when I log in. Is there anyway to find out if this is correct SITE TITLE?
2) The web address mapping was already done earlier just as directed.
Site Location: http://sites.google.com/a/hsaionline.com/HOME/
Web Address: WWW.hsaionline.com
The DNS cname changes were also done. Could the problem exist because immediately after changing the cname at domain host, I pressed I have completed this step button?
3) When I type in http://www.google.com/a/hsaionline.com/home/, it changes to http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/hsaionline.com/home/ and then it says 404 error.
Am I typing it wrong somewhere? Should I be changing the /home/ as site title to something else? If yes, how?
I am technically challenged, so I didn't understand anything about redirect with js, 301, .htaccess... :(
|Re: Site Under Construction (No Adsense account)||cooboosh||4/17/10 11:38 AM|
I will start with answers:1) Yes, "home" is a correct site title.
2) DNS records are incorrect. I will explaine below.Here is the proove :) Question: "who keeps your records":
[cooboosh@mobile ~]$ nslookup
> set type=ns
Authoritative answers can be found from:
Now I ask directly your DNS provider about your CNAME record:
[cooboosh@mobile ~]$ nslookup
> lserver ns2.rediffmailpro.com
Default server: ns2.rediffmailpro.com
> set type=cname
*** Can't find www.hsaionline.com: No answer
As you can see, your subdomain www.hsaionline.com is set incorectly. That's why, when you visiting http:// www.hsaionline.com/ you can't get into your Google Site.
3) You get 404 error, because URL: http://www.google.com/a/hsaionline.com/home/ is incorect.
As you can see in your Google Apps every URL:
is reserved to the top menu of your Google Apps management. That's why, when you typing http://www.google.com/a/hsaionline.com/home/ you will never get different answer then 404.
The correct patterns URL to Google Sites is:
so you get the URL: http://sites.google.com/a/hsaionline.com/home/
I really don't know how did you thought out the links.Was it helpful? ;)
|Re: Site Under Construction (No Adsense account)||Selarka||4/20/10 3:31 AM|
Thanks Coolboosh once again. Perhaps you are right, but I seem to be getting something wrong again somewhere. As mentioned I am technically challenged, hence didn't understand anything about your tests on authoritative and non-authoritative answers.
I thought it wise to start all over again, so this is what I did.
1) In URL typed in https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/hsaionline.com/SitesSettings and logged in
2) In Web Address Mapping, I deleted all mappings
3) Went to my domain host for www.hsaionline.com and deleted all cname and A records.
4) Came back to https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/hsaionline.com/SitesSettings and created web address mapping as below:
Site Location *
Web Address *
5) Went back to domain host and did the following additions and waited for them to get active.
a) Domain Assigning (A Records):
Host (Example www) Numeric IP Statuswww. hsaionline.com 18.104.22.168 Active
b) Domain Forwarding (CName Records)
6) Came back to Changing CNAME record in https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/hsaionline.com/SitesMapping and clicked I've completed these steps.
But alas, the same problem: This site is under construction. Please visit again to check the status. Thanks!
For the record,
1) As per your "correct patterns URL to Google Sites", the link https://sites.google.com/a/hsaionline.com/home/ works fine
2) But https://sites.google.com/a/cpanel/hsaionline.com/home/ gives Error 404 message
3) My site sharing on google is checked "Anyone in the world may view this site (make it public)"
4) I have two email IDs 'active' and working under the domain www.hsaionline.com
5) I have another domain name www.catalystenterprise.net with the same host Rediff and the necessary changes in CName and A Records guides anyone beautifully to http://sites.google.com/site/oneshah/. I tired following the same pattern as this, but on hsaionline.com it doesn't work.
1) Is it failing 'cos both Domain Forwarding (CName Records) and Domain Assigning (A Records) are changed at domain host? Is only one required to be changed?
2) Can it be because the "web address mapping" and domain assigning/forwarding were tweaked once too often?
3) Am I hurrying up? I have waited over 48 hours for the changes to be active at domain host and then completed at google sites.
4) Is the domain name www.hsaionline.com correct and with the right host which is Rediff Business Solutions? It seems so, 'cos I am able to make the changes in CName & A records.
5) "As you can see, your subdomain www.hsaionline.com is set incorectly. That's why, when you visiting http://www.hsaionline.com/ you can't get into your Google Site." What does this mean?
|Re: Site Under Construction (No Adsense account)||Selarka||4/20/10 3:56 AM|
VOILA... the ways of internet and websites... My domain host has introduced yet another service called URL redirection (beta). I gave the domain name and Google Sites address as masked and here it is - getting redirected. All I had to do was upload a text file into my root directory on Google Sites and I did that as attachment upload and verified at domain host.
Now just a small confusion - if I delete the CName and A records now, will it stop working?
|Re: Site Under Construction (No Adsense account)||Michaes||12/21/10 10:31 PM|
Could you please share how did you set this up in rediff to redirect to google sites?
I have tried the URL forwarding and uploaded the file in root folder through attachment in google sites. But the verification failed in rediff.
Thanks for the help
|Re: Site Under Construction (No Adsense account)||Selarka||1/11/11 10:35 AM|
Hi Michaes, sorry read your msg now. Have you found the solution?
I was experimenting a lot at that time and finally found some solution from Rediff people itself. Right now I don't recall what all I did. But this is how many various settings on my "manage domain" page look like:
Domain assigning: Three hosts
1) Domain name without www and numeric IP as 22.214.171.124
2) Domain name without www and numeric IP as 126.96.36.199
3) Domain name with www and numeric IP as 188.8.131.52
Mail Server Mapping (MX Records)
ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. [notice "." (dot) in the end]
Domain Name Forwarding (CName Records)
Host Server: ghs.google.com. [notice "." (dot) in the end]
Domain: yourdomainname.com/net/org or whatever it is
Redirected To: 'your google site address'
Name Server Mapping:
Primary Server: ns.rediffmailpro.com.
Secondary Server: ns2.rediffmailpro.com.