|how do I show time and date for sending messages???????||smartsmokey||5/15/09 11:11 PM|
I got an email from a person using the German version of gmail and in the preview are on my (american) gmail it should up "an Sontag 8:06...." - "on sunday at 8:06..."
It doesn't let me do that...how can I set my account to display the time and date when people recieve my emails? I'd like to start using a foreign gmail version so people think I'm in Mumbai or somwthing
|Re: how do I show time and date for sending messages???????||Keith||5/16/09 2:26 AM|
If the time displayed on your messages does not match your system clock, there may be an issue with the time zone listed in your Google Account settings.
To fix this issue please follow these steps:
2. Find the Personal Settings and click Edit next to the 'Email addresses' section.
3. For the Time Zone field, choose the time zone that matches your location.
4. Click Save.
5. Sign out of Gmail and sign back in.
If this doesn't resolve your issue, your system clock may be set incorrectly. To set your Date and Time Properties in Windows, please follow these steps:
1. Double-click the time in your taskbar to open the Date & Time Properties menu.
2. From the Date & Time tab, verify that the appropriate month, day, and year are selected.
3. Click Apply to save any changes you make.
4. From the Time Zone tab, verify that your time zone is selected. If the time zone in which you are located is not displayed, select your time zone from the drop-down menu.
5. Verify that the box beside Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes is checked.
6. Click OK.
|Re: how do I show time and date for sending messages???????||smartsmokey||5/16/09 2:42 AM|
thanks keith! Worked. I didn't have my time zone set in Gmail. Now when I send an email it does indeed show the day/time send/ Thanks a million!
|Re: how do I show time and date for sending messages???????||Keith||5/16/09 2:43 AM|
No problem. Click "Answered" so that other users would know your issue has been addressed. :)
|Re: how do I show time and date for sending messages???????||b.jamet.fournier||3/23/10 5:43 PM|
Same problem. Was in SF for a week, now back on the East coast and gmail shows email reception time PST. This is driving me NUTS! I have tried the 2 options above... no luck. :( Can anybody help?
|Re: how do I show time and date for sending messages???????||zaqxsw||3/30/10 9:49 AM|
I also have this problem for the same exact reason. I was on the west coast for a week and am now back in the Eastern time zone. Gmail still reflects PDT time. The solution at the top does not work, even though I logged in and out of my account. Thanks for any replies!
|Re: how do I show time and date for sending messages???????||zaqxsw||3/30/10 9:50 AM|
Funny, my post above has the correct eastern time!