Categories: Composing and Sending Messages :

If I send an email and someone has blocked my emails will I get a message?

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
If I send an email and someone has blocked my emails will I get a message? janet ward 10/7/10 6:02 PM
If I send an email to a person, will gmail notify me if it has been blocked?   I want to know how to know if the message got to the person I sent it to. Or, is there a way to block messages, anyway?  Can I block email from someone I do not want to receive from?
Re: If I send an email and someone has blocked my emails will I get a message? radine3d 10/7/10 6:28 PM
Emails can be blocked by providers only in cases a user breaks the Terms of Service. With this exception, no one can have an email blocked. Gmail currently doesn't offer notifications that a message was delivered, notwithstading some other email providers do. These notifications are usually considered an indiscretion, since they clearly are an invasion of privacity.
No, you can't block emails from someone you do not want to receive from. The best you can do is send it to the trash without reading it.
(Similarly, you can't prevent someone from send you a letter by the conventional mail. But it's your right not to read it and send it to the Trash bin if you wish).