|What is the maximum email addresses I can send a message to? (want to send "just moved" email to 4000 people)||juanworld311||6/3/10 2:02 PM|
Basically, will gmail server block my message if I send more than 300 emails in the distribution list of 1 message? or is the maximum number 500? or is it 4000? What is the arbitrary number that gmail is set to block emails. I don't want to send my "just moved" email to my entire address book in one message if it will not go through, or go through to only some people. Instead, I am fine cutting up the distrbution list and sending same email over and over, to maybe groups of 300 or 500, or 600 ... just don't know what the max number is.
Can you find out and let me know?
Thank you, in advance.
|Re: What is the maximum email addresses I can send a message to? (want to send "just moved" email to 4000 people)||Kathleen C.||6/3/10 3:05 PM|
Yes, Gmail does have a sending limit of 500 recipients. To learn more about our sending limits, please visit the link below.
|Re: What is the maximum email addresses I can send a message to? (want to send "just moved" email to 4000 people)||juanworld311||6/3/10 3:39 PM|
Ok, I am getting closer to the answer, but still have question. The link leads to following: "Google will temporarily disable your account if you send messages to more than 500 recipients or if you send a large number of undeliverable messages. If you use a POP or IMAP client (Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, e.g.), you may only send a message to 100 people at a time." So, 2 questions to better understand that link:
1) 500 recipient limit - is that "per day" or "per one email"? If "per day", is it 24 hours from the moment the email sent, or from 12:01 am to 11:59 pm?
2) MSFT Outlook POP/IMAP client "100 people at a time" limit - Assuming I send emails with 100 recipients, what is the max per day that I can do? Can I do 6 emails of 100 recipients per email, which equals 600 recipients?. Would this violate the 500 limit email,although each email only has 100 recipients? Is the 100 people limit for POP/IMAP via Outlook, just a per email limit or a per day? Is there a per day limit for POP/IMAP via Outlook? If so, what is it?
|Re: What is the maximum email addresses I can send a message to? (want to send "just moved" email to 4000 people)||Kathleen C.||6/3/10 4:25 PM|
Thanks for asking. The limit is per day, so you can only send a message to up to 500 recipients once every 24 hours. For POP or IMAP, the limit works the same way, except it is restricted to 100 recipients.
|GMHS Webmaster||9/16/10 11:49 AM|
I have just become aware of the new 500 person limit. We have used gmail to share our school listserv which has 1426 receipients. Is there anyway to have the limit increased? There is no commercial solicitation involved. Each of our recepients
opted in to receive the ListServ. Thanks in advance!!......phillip
|AliceSee||12/19/10 1:14 PM|
I am facing a similiar issue with sending POP/IMAP emails using Google App account.
1) Is the IMAP/POP limit 100 per day? or 100 per message and 500 total per day?
2) What if I send out more than 100 recipients? We are sending out our newsletter to over 1000 recipients. I have been sending out messages to 50 recipients at a time. The first and second batch went through just fine... but on the third 50... it sent out and I saw the message in the sent mail. But the recipients did not receive the email. Is the message lost? Should I resend? What is the expected behavior?
Thanks in advance for your help!
|Rich Andresen||12/30/10 12:48 PM|
Are these limts correct:
For sending email via the web interface:
- The per email message limit is 500 recipients
- The per day email limit is 500 recipients
For sending email via the AMAP/POP interface:
- The per email message limit is 100 recipients
- The per day email limit is 500 recipients
Are these limits the same with gmail premium?
Are these limits spelled out in some online document that I can read and if so can you please post the URL.
|maad81||12/31/10 11:40 AM|
Me and my friend just set up a common e-mail account for our 30s b-day party, however we can only send out 10 e-mail at the time before receiving a message stating that we "received a limit for sending mails".
I assume that google thinks we're spamming people since we're sending out the same message to everyone. How can we get around this so we can start sending out our invitation?