Categories: Account Access and Safety :

Getting "unsupported browser" message in Firefox 3.5

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Getting "unsupported browser" message in Firefox 3.5 rlupetin 7/13/09 12:16 PM
I recently began getting the following message when I open up Gmail:

"For a better Gmail experience, use a fully supported browser."

I am using Firefox 3.5. I have also started getting a similar message when I load up Google Calendar.

Any ideas?  I can't think of anything I did to cause this.

Re: Getting "unsupported browser" message in Firefox 3.5 gsnyder 8/17/09 8:44 AM
Welcome to my world!!
Monday August 17th...
10 AM checked my G-mail using Firefox 3.5.2. No problem.
1130 AM tried to check my G-mail  using Firefox 3.5.2 received  the "unsupported browser" error.
Either G-mail supports Firefox or it doesn't. This now we do, now we don't is BLEEP!!
Getting any tech support from Google is impossible so either live with it, send (waste) hours looking for a solution in the various FAQs, boards etc...
Yes it sucks!!! The ultimate solution is for EVERYONE to STOP USING G-MAIL til Google wakes up.
 
This message has been hidden because it was flagged for abuse.
Re: Getting "unsupported browser" message in Firefox 3.5 LMcKin51-Top Contributor 8/17/09 5:15 PM
try  this link  https://mail.google.com/mail?nocheckbrowser


Re: Getting "unsupported browser" message in Firefox 3.5 LMcKin51-Top Contributor 8/17/09 5:18 PM
I have sent a message to a Gmail Guide (Google employee) to alert them of this error.
Re: Getting "unsupported browser" message in Firefox 3.5 richwill 8/27/09 4:13 PM
Adding the switch nocheckbrowser to the URL allows me to access GMail successfully with no visible issues on Firefox 3.5.2.  I have experienced this issue with the following versions on Windows intermittently:
3.5.2
3.5.1
3.1.x

I don't seem to have this problem when I stick to Linux.
Re: Getting "unsupported browser" message in Firefox 3.5 rlupetin 2/21/10 12:48 PM
The problem was occurring not only with Gmail but with other sites as well.  I fixed the problem by doing the following:

Enter:

about:config

in browswer. 

Filter on:

general.useragent

For each item, right click and choose "Reset" where available.

This fixed the problem.

Seems some sites/applications mess up your UserAgent.