Categories: Ask a "how-to" question : Docs :

How long does "request a review" take? Our non-public doc was "flagged as inappropriate"

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
How long does "request a review" take? Our non-public doc was "flagged as inappropriate" KathrynSun 10/27/09 1:04 PM
This morning our working document turned into "the published version of this items has been flagged as inappropriate and can no longer be shared." The owner just gets the above message, everyone else gets the "not shared with you" message when going to the url. 

The document owner clicked the "request a review," but while we wait, we're trying to find out more.

The document is not public and has a limited number of people with access. I/we have read through the guidelines and cannot find what would be inappropriate- the content covers technology. 

I've thoroughly searched through the help forums, Groups and the web itself and have found nothing in the help documentation and just one hit in forums on the warning message above (including short strings from it).

In the one similar case from 10/20/09 a teacher says his "request a review"  hadn't received a responded after a week (very worrisome). He speculates that a student may have jokingly flagged his document: in our case we know for certain that none of us flagged it (his post is at http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Docs/thread?tid=5c7f0c46155bf154&hl=en).

Thank you

What browser and OS are you using? 

Not relevant, Safari/OS10.5.8 for the document owner
Did clearing your cache and cookies resolve the issue? You can quickly clear your cache by refreshing your browser while holding the Shift key.

Not relevant, and no.

2009-10-28
14 hours later the document creator has received an email from nor...@google.com. The Subject and body of the email say...

"--error--"
That's it. 
Re: How long does "request a review" take? Our non-public doc was "flagged as inappropriate" jlaurel 11/3/09 11:58 AM
I've just posted a response for someone else with this issue. I'm pretty sure that since we're both teachers, we're going to get the same foolish response. Thanks at least for that info.
Re: How long does "request a review" take? Our non-public doc was "flagged as inappropriate" jlaurel 11/5/09 1:59 PM
Thought I'd report on your originating thread too:

Some success, I guess. Resolution grade: A- (for the time it took to resolve the issue). Customer service: D- (for the convoluted way I had to go about getting help).

(1) I found that a Google employee stevedrennan had been involved in a similar case in March 2009. I looked at his profile, and found he's on Twitter. I tweeted him using his account name "@stevedrennan," asking for help on innocuous document flagged as "inappropriate content."

(2) A few hours later, he DM'd me and asked for the URL of the document in question. I sent it via Twitter.

(3) About two hours after that exchange, I received an e-mail from Google. There was no content in the body of the message; there was only a subject line, and I quote "--error--". I checked the document in question, and the block has been turned off.

Best of luck -- jlaurel
Re: How long does "request a review" take? Our non-public doc was "flagged as inappropriate" KathrynSun 12/2/09 10:24 AM
I see that this whole topic got Slashdotted on December 1, and so finally there's some activity by real Google employees on this issue. The help/FAQ section now has some boilerplate on the topic, so a search no longer comes up blank.

I've asked followup questions in the most active thread here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Docs/thread?tid=35b7c6eb9943e9ed&hl=en&fid=35b7c6eb9943e9ed000479c2e5ec6089