Categories: Report an Issue :

Why do I get "web page unavailable"? This happens repeatedly and I have to reboot

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Why do I get "web page unavailable"? This happens repeatedly and I have to reboot chrsmccoy 5/13/09 8:29 PM
Re: Why do I get "web page unavailable"? This happens repeatedly and I have to reboot chaznyc 5/30/10 7:25 AM
I feel for you big time about this. So frustrating to keep getting that "Error" message but I have a solution to the problem (well, it worked for me at least!).

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium and had the same problem for about a month. It even went so far as to not allowing programs or software that I was using almost daily access to my personal online accounts or connect to their servers to log in--but only for certain programs or websites. It totally sucked.

I tried to find a solution or a fix so many times but no luck. System restore didn't work. Scanned and scoured my computer with anti-spyware, malware, Trojan finders and every other anti-anything I could use and nothing corrected the problem. Even searched Google Chrome Help but that was completely useless.  Finally, I thought that maybe re-installing Vista would solve the issue? WRONG!

What I did was simple: Go to Options under the Customize and Control wrench located up top in the far right of the Chrome toolbar. In Options, select Under the Hood Tab and scroll down to the Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance box. Make sure that BOX IS NOT CHECKED.  I REPEAT:  DO NOT CHECK THAT BOX. Hit close and hopefully the problem will be solved.

It totally corrected my "Error" message problem.

Hope it works for you.

Wish you luck!