Categories: Report an Issue :

Hidden taskbar doesn't pop up in Chrome

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Hidden taskbar doesn't pop up in Chrome charles431 12/11/09 12:24 PM
Please describe your question/comment in detail (for example, steps to reproduce the problem):I use the "hide the taskbar" feature in Vista 64 bit. Normally, the taskbar pops up when the curser is dragged to the bottom of the page. It doesn't work in Chrome.
For others to best assist you in troubleshooting scenarios, please also provide the following:
Google Chrome version (type in about:version into the address bar):3.0.195.33 (Official Build 31639)
Operating System:Vista 64
URLs (if applicable):
Error Message:
Re: Hidden taskbar doesn't pop up in Chrome dwight.stegall 12/11/09 2:43 PM
the statusbar was removed to save space. it will appear when some browser activity is present
Re: Hidden taskbar doesn't pop up in Chrome Danny_M 12/11/09 2:55 PM
He isn't referring to the status bar, but to the Windows taskbar, aka desktop display bar, or dock.
Re: Hidden taskbar doesn't pop up in Chrome charles431 12/11/09 8:09 PM
I just loaded Chrome on an XP computer. The ask bar pops up on it. The question boils down to whether this is a Vista issue or a 64 bit issue.
Re: Hidden taskbar doesn't pop up in Chrome Danny_M 12/11/09 11:31 PM
He said the taskbar works with other windows, just not when Chrome is the window on top and covers where the task bar would appear. I've experienced this before.
Re: Hidden taskbar doesn't pop up in Chrome charles431 12/13/09 6:12 PM
I just loaded Chrome on an XP computer. The task bar pops up on it. The question boils down to whether this is a Vista issue or a 64 bit issue.
Re: Hidden taskbar doesn't pop up in Chrome ve1bvd 12/29/09 6:19 AM
I own three computers, a desk top, a lap top and a notebook, all running WinXP Home edition and SP3.  I installed Chrome on the notebook first, and noticed from the beginning that the task bar did not appear.  I subsequently installed Chrome on the other two computers with the same result, except that when the task bar is full, it tends to display on top of every window that is opened.

I find that I can live with this bug, but I'd be a lot happier to see it fixed.
Re: Hidden taskbar doesn't pop up in Chrome ian2008xia 1/11/10 6:50 PM
I have the same problem that the taskbar doesn't pop up in chrome. Three computers with XP, Vista and win7, none of them works.