Categories: Report an Issue :

Shockwave flash keeps crashing.

Showing 1-58 of 58 messages
Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Burrhead 1/9/10 7:36 PM
Please describe your question/comment in detail (for example, steps to reproduce the problem): The Shockwave flash plugin continues to crash. It does not matter what I do, no matter how I install or reinstall it continues to crash. I even reformatted and it still crashes. It crashed FF, IE and Chrome. Without warning. It can stay up for hours, then BOOM, it crashes. I would not be bitching but when I can't get my homework from an email because of the browser or plugin crashing, it makes a world of difference. I wish there were an alternative to this crappy shockwave flash plugin. Something a lot more stable. Something that even Chuck Norris couldn't crash. Thanks again Adobe for your great (that was sarcasm, in case you didn't notice) plugin.
For others to best assist you in troubleshooting scenarios, please also provide the following:
Google Chrome version (type in about:version into the address bar): 3.0.195.38
Operating System: Windows Xp Home
URLs (if applicable):
Error Message: the following plguin has crashed: Shockwave flash.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. asafaqua 2/7/10 7:20 AM
Happens to me too.
What processor do you have? And how much CPU Usage does Chrome uses in percentage before it crashes.
From what I think and I'm not an expert, it only happens in weak CPUs that can't support the new flash anymore
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Burrhead 2/8/10 6:09 AM
Well, it wasn't just happening in Chrome. It was happening in all my browsers. I had been running that same flash since they updated it and no problem.  It hasn't happened in a while. I really can't say how much CPU usage Chrome was using before the crashed. I don't know what the problem was but I think it may have worked itself out. That or they fixed it.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. jambo86 3/22/10 4:07 PM
I am having the same problem. Running W7, decent spec machine, plenty of power etc to run flash - however, it crashes ALL THE TIME!  Literally, from within 2 secs of opening a page with flash, or it can run for a few mins, on the odd occasion it can run for hours. Re-installed everything and still no luck...
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. AuggieKennedy 4/4/10 4:07 PM
What is the problem?.  Every time I use it, it says, "Shockwave has crashed."  What a useless plug-in.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. dberroth 4/12/10 7:34 AM
I have this same problem. Everytime I open facebook or internet radio all of my browsers freeze with a shockwave has crashed. I'm not really sure where to go from here. I have a brand new laptop Win7 build.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Synhyborex 4/12/10 7:15 PM
i posted a solution to this problem on another thread like this but it's only temporary. it gets really annoying to uninstall, restart, and install again only to have to repeat the procedure a few minutes or hours later. i haven't been able to access youtube for months now and even facebook crashes because of this plugin now. and now even ITUNES KEEPS CRASHING when shockwave flash crashes...that's just ridiculous. can't leave me without my music! =[

i got the laptop in november it's an hp dv4-1465dx running the Vista --> Win7 upgrade. it was perfect on vista while i used it. maybe it's just windows 7? or maybe it would have crashed even on vista...regardless this problem is really persistent and annoying. any sort of help on a permanent fix would be greatly appreciated.

i have 4GB RAM and top of the line specs for every other hardware device (i like to keep my laptop updated) so none of that is going to be a problem. honestly i think it's just software compatibility with the OS since it crashes every browser, but maybe there's a fix out there.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. watcher211 6/6/10 1:40 AM
I was having the problem with Windows 7 Ultimate w/ IE/FF/Chrome. Tried installing different versions of the Flash plug-in and the only thing that finally worked was:

1) Uninstall the version of Flash you are currently using.
2) Download the executable of the Flash plug-in.
3) Right Click and install as Admin.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Blair (Googler) 7/3/10 6:34 AM
Hey everybody,

We’re excited to announce that Adobe Flash is now integrated into Google Chrome’s Stable channel by default. This integration will eliminate the need to install and update Flash Player separately. This reduces the security risk and issues related to using outdated versions. As of this week, your browser should automatically be updated with integrated Flash Player. To check, simply go to Tools > About Google Chrome.

To learn more about Adobe Flash integration, check out the Chromium Blog post here:
http://blog.chromium.org/2010/06/enabling-adobe-flash-player-support-in.html

With regards to Shockwave Flash crashes, below are a few possible causes of the issue and work-arounds that may help. These do not work for everyone; please only make changes you feel comfortable making.

1. You may be on an outdated version of Google Chrome. Check if you are on the latest version by going toTools > About Google Chrome.

2. You may have an out of date Sony driver that causes the crash. You can try downloading the update here:
http://dlv.update.sony.net/pub/vaio/download/EP0000166578/EP0000166578.exe

3. Hardware acceleration of Adobe Flash may be causing crashes. Hardware acceleration is used to speed up performance of your graphics hardware. If your video drivers are outdated, hardware acceleration can cause issues with Flash. Try turning off hardware acceleration by right-clicking the video, selecting Settings, and deselecting the "hardware acceleration" checkbox.

4. You may have a sound driver incompatibility. Try the steps on the following site:
http://www.bitconsultants.net/2009/fix-windows-7-flash-crashing-remote-desktop-issue/

5. There may be an error in the way Bluetooth handles streaming video. You can try renaming one of the Bluetooth files in System 32 folder. Go to My Computer > C: > Windows > System32, find the file called "BtwVdpCapFilter.dll" and rename it anything else, for example "BtwVdpCapFilter1.dll."

We know Shockwave Flash crashes continue to be a large issue, and we are constantly working to improve. Please keep giving us feedback and letting us know what works for you.

Best,
Blair
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Orkatec 12/19/10 7:49 AM
I am not interested in why it is crashing it was not crashing before. I am off to use another browser.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Orkatec 12/19/10 8:00 AM
Looks like its back to Firefox for me it seems to be OK . Goodbye Chrome, Dont understand why you broke it and expect the users to spend time fixing it.
Will look in from time to time to see if it is OK.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. janmoore1 12/19/10 1:37 PM
I have the same crash issue. Every time I use Chrome within the last 3 weeks, especially. I LOVE Chrome, but it isn't fast if it doesn't work!
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. zevus 12/19/10 4:41 PM
Started happening to me today.  

Switched to Firefox.  Works there.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. youtube is slow 12/19/10 8:58 PM
I'm having the same problem but I'm not sure it's related to just Chrome.  I use RoboForm and if I didnt know any better I'd think there was some kind lag/conflict with Roboform and shockwave flash.  Those both crash.  I'm on Win 7 and don't remember flash crashing this much.  There is a PLUGIN which will stop youtube videos from auto-playing, that might help as a work around for us.  Roboform is the only plugin I have enabled thus far and had a crash as soon as I installed it.  I gotta have my roboform with it's 1000+ logins.  LOL
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Euonymous 12/22/10 2:00 PM
I just installed the new beta of Google Chrome and now Shockwave Flash keeps crashing.  I can't load pages and this is not a good thing.  Can I go back to the older, stable Chrome w/o messing up my history and settings?
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. moucon 1/6/11 9:19 PM
Apparently, your only solution is to buy a Mac.  I'm a techie and have been battling this issue myself for weeks. NOBODY from Adobe and NOBODY from Google will step up and give us a straight answer.  What a bunch of ultimate-crapola.   Now you know why Apple refuses to support the POS Flash and Flash by-products.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. GumFight 1/8/11 7:24 PM
This is actually such a let down. It happens on all browsers I have installed, being firefox, ie and chrome. I renamed that btw file and still no luck. I even ended the process which runs the bluetooth file which apparently causes this problem. I've uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Flashplayer three times now, And have tried every version from 9 through ten with absolutely no progress. Every video on all websites won't even play the first second without my entire browser freezing up and not responding. It says the issue is "Shockwave Flash is not responding." Sometimes when I press stop the process or whatever the hell it says, my browser will keep working providing I immediately leave the page. I can't even run videos with my windows media player, or wmv files with a third party video player. This is a problem of which I'd immediately switch to a make if I had the money. I've literally stripped my computer of any programs that I don't need that could be causing any problems. I'm running Window's 7 and really couldn't tell you much more than that, other than I have a Dell Inspiron 1549, and my second one in fact because of a previous problem with the laptop not charging. I have not changed any internal hard drives of any sort, or processors on my laptop. By now I'm willing to try anything providing I don't have to spend any money on this. All suggestions are welcome, And I appreciate your time. Thanks.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. GumFight 1/8/11 7:26 PM
Mac not make**
You can't switch to a make.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. brewsowser 2/1/11 12:48 PM
It just started happening to me in the past week.  Shockwave Flash plugin crashes every time I load Gmail Chrome.

THE FIX???  I SWITCHED TO FIREFOX and the problem stopped.  Too bad 'cause I really prefer Chrome but the bloody crashes are too much of a pain.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Satchel53 2/1/11 7:32 PM
This is bull crap. This is a brand new build with Win7pro. What the hell is the problem with this crap shockwave flash??????
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. smalam 2/6/11 8:12 AM
Whenever i am playing chess on chesscube it crashes and gives the message: "The following plugin has crashed:Shockwave Flash". It is a new occurence.Chrome version is 9.0 something and is updated
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Wisco 2/13/11 3:33 PM
I was having trouble and this finally worked for me:

Type "about:plugins" into the address bar.
At the top right corner is a plus-sign with the words "details" -- click that.
Find the flash plugin.
If there are two, disable the one with the location "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll"
Should be good to go.

The two seem to conflict with each other.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Rubic 2/14/11 4:06 PM
This is just ridiculous.

I love Google Chrome, I do.  But this is absolutely ridiculous.  I've tried everything in this thread.  All the things Blair suggested, everything else that had been said, but nothing has been working.  Nothing works in Flash on the internet.  Itunes works fine, but I cannot go on Youtube with ANY browser.  Not Firefox, not Opera, not IE, not Safari, I even tried Netscape even though Youtube doesn't support it anymore.  And it's ridiculous.  I've removed the extra plugin, as Wisco suggested, I've downloaded the Sony Driver, renamed the Bluetooth file, fixed the sound driver, and have the most recent version of Chrome.  It's utterly ridiculous.  Google Chrome is starting to crash as much as IE does.  And that is horrible. It crashed 3 times while I wrote this. Although, it seems to be not a problem with my computer itself, because any off-internet process which uses Flash (Windows Media Player, Itunes, etc) will work fine.  I'm really eager to see Adobe and Google stop sitting back, watching us fool around with our computers some more, and actually DO something to fix it.  Why don't you try that, hmm?

And no, I will not buy a Mac.  

Information:

-Running Google Chrome, version 9.0.597.98
-Windows 7, Premium Edition
-All other browsers WILL NOT play Flash, including Wyzo, Safari, Firefox, IE, Opera, and Netscape Navigator
-All procedures used to fix problem have been tried.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. fatlibertarian 2/14/11 4:16 PM
Rubic, use Firefox and install a plug in called Flashblock. It blocks all flash from loading automatically.  

You seem to be having some really serious problems though.  You might try to simply format your PC, reinstall Windows, put Chrome and Flash on there and then go to you tube and see what happens.  My problem occurred rather intermittently.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Rubic 2/14/11 4:23 PM
Fatlibertarian: I really don't want to format my PC.  I don't want to reinstall Windows, I don't want to mess around with my computer anymore.  

And I will try Flashblock.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. smalam 2/14/11 4:43 PM
I tried all the options Wisco mentioned. Did not work.Just went ahead reformatted and installed google chrome fresh.Played 1st game no issues.was happy that i had found the answer.crashed again in the second game
no more going to use google chrome.will go back to IE.at least it didnt crash
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. fatlibertarian 2/14/11 5:21 PM
Do you guys use RoboForm?
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Rubic 2/14/11 5:25 PM
No, I don't.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Rubic 2/14/11 6:15 PM
Wait, wait, wait.  I found a fix that will at least let you view Flash in FF 3:

http://thetechangel.com/blogberry/2010/01/firefox-flash-fix-for-windows-64-bit/

It worked for me.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. fn.alex 2/20/11 10:10 PM
What's going on with chrome? Everything was ok till the last update. Now can't do anything with flash without it crashing....makes sense: HTML5
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. pigsie 2/22/11 6:20 PM
This is very very disappointing. I've been encouraging family to move to google Chrome only for them to turn around and tell me that flash doesn't work.

I'm having the same issues as everyone else and I am using a MAC!
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. pigsie 2/22/11 6:21 PM
I should have added I am using the latest version Chrome and running on Mac OS x 10.6.6.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Tomoya Kawasaki 2/23/11 4:52 PM
@pigsie, 

Is it a particular site that is giving you trouble? If you have a site that we can test on, that'd be great. 

Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Tylair 2/25/11 8:03 AM
Im having this same problem and I cant watch videos at all. I was told to download the uninstaller for adobe but the browser cant even load the site. Also, anytime I try to download something like the sony update the status says its going to take up to 20 hours and the time just keeps rising.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Ryster092 2/25/11 11:54 AM
There is no un-installer for the version of Flash  inside Chrome. It's built in. You get the version that Google say you get, no choice in the matter.

I too am having Flash crashes since yesterday. This is not happening on any particular site, it's happening on ALL sites that display flash content, including Google's own website. Others are having the problem too, so it's clearly an update they've pushed out to the Beta channel recently. Probably happened at the same time they turned the preferences panel into a webpage rather than a proper options box (which I hate btw).
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Critical_Glitch 2/25/11 5:15 PM
I am running Chromium stable (latest version) on Linux Mint 10. For a while now I've been getting constant Flash crashes in Chromium but not in Firefox or Opera. I think it started shortly after I updated the system Flash Player to 10.2, but Chrome has integrated Flash...
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. farrelldoc 2/27/11 3:48 AM
I found a solution that works for me. I was having the same problem. I am running the following:

Windows 7 Ultimate
Chrome 10.0.648.119 beta (just upgraded today, but been having issue for several weeks)
Flash version(s) below...

1. In your Chrome browser navigate to Chrome://plugins.
2. Click the plus sign next to Details on the top right of the window to display more information.
3. If you see two versions of Flash, look at the path to the program.
4. Click the Disable link next to the version that starts with C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\.
4. Leave the version enabled that starts with C:\Users\[your-username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\ (or similar path that applies to your operating system).
5. Open a new Chrome window.
6. Navigate to a website (such as YouTube) with Flash content to test.

Good luck!
Karen

The Flash area of Chrome:\\Plugins should look something like the below when you have disabled the offending version of Flash. (See the 7th to the last line.)

===========================

Flash (2 files) - Version: 10.2.154.14
Shockwave Flash 10.2 r154
Name:        Shockwave Flash
Description:        Shockwave Flash 10.2 r154
Version:        10,2,154,14
Location:        C:\Users\[your-username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\10.0.648.119\gcswf32.dll
          Disable
MIME types:        
MIME type        Description        File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash        Adobe Flash movie        
.swf
application/futuresplash        FutureSplash movie        
.spl
Description:        Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
Version:        10,2,152,26
         (Disabled) Enable
MIME types:        
MIME type        Description        File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash        Adobe Flash movie        
.swf
application/futuresplash        FutureSplash movie        
.spl
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. farrelldoc 2/27/11 3:49 AM
I should add that the upgrade to Chrome 10.0.648.119 beta did not solve the problem alone. I had to follow the steps above before the problem was solved.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. lucaslavia 2/27/11 5:34 AM
I fixed it my simply upgrading my graphics drivers. Something to do with the improved hardware acceleration with flash 10, it would crash everytime I loaded a page with an advert but by upgrading my nvidia drivers chrome is back to its full awesomeness
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. shoeie 2/27/11 7:09 PM
I disabled the second version of shockwave like you suggested wisco and farrelldoc last Saturday (2/19) and it worked great until today.  I went back to about:plugins on chrome and it was enabled again.  I disabled it this time and it has not helped.  

lucaslavia, how can I go about upgrading my graphics drivers?
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. farrelldoc 2/27/11 7:17 PM
shoeie,

I meant to update this today... It started crashing again today for me too. Then I change my hardware acceleration settings in Flash, and it has worked fine since then.

Right-click on a video and open Settings (the first icon on the bottom of the box that opens), then uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration.

Good luck! (I looked at updating my video drivers too, but I recently upgraded my OS, so they are all up to date.)
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. shoeie 2/27/11 7:31 PM
So far so good!  Thanks!
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Slacka75VT 3/2/11 3:40 PM
Yup, going into about:plugins and disabling the Flash plugin in the C:\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\ folder worked.
One note: when I restarted Chrome, there was yet another Flash plugin enabled in the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder.
So, be weary of that little tidbit; that one needs to be disabled also. I'm glad I checked.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. chadolson6913 3/8/11 4:01 PM
I got  this fixed on my computer I uninstalled flashplugin 10.2.157.27 and installed mint-flashplugin 10.2.161.23
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. ellenanne40 3/12/11 3:06 AM
I am about to tear my hair out!! I have had constant shockwave crashes this week.  I use an HP Pavillion Dv6 laptop, not quite 12 months old. I have Windows Vista. It occasionally happens when I play Zuma Blitz on facebook.  But since yesterday, when I try to upload photos to Photobucket.com it's been crashing consistently.  The uninstall/reinstall/reboot is driving me nuts! I've been reading the forum here, and tried to contact Google Chrome on facebook, but can't get any real answers. I didn't get an answer from google at all on Facebook.

Apart from the crashes, I've really been impressed with Google Chrome. But as I run an online store, I need to be able to have photos hosted, and this has taken up too much valuable work time.  I don't want to go back to IE8 or FF as they were inferior, but I can't see I have any choice.

Are there any shockwave flash player alternatives to Adobe shockwave flash player?  I've done a google search, and it doesn't appear there is.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. ellenanne40 3/12/11 3:14 AM
Oh, I should mention too, Google Chrome is up to date Version 10.0.648.133
Operating System Windows Vista
www.photobucket.com
www.facebook.com
Error message: The following plug in has crashed: Shockwave Flash
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. danzee 3/15/11 9:03 AM
Yep. Just started having Shockwave crashes with Chrome. I have a Dell PC running WIndows XP SP2. I noticed it on Monday.  Wound up rebooting but that didn't fix it.  I have experienced several crashes today when I go to various media sites running Shockwave.  The Google people need to take note of this and do an update.  Chrome was an excellent browser for XP until this started happening.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. farrelldoc 3/15/11 12:10 PM
I have not only started using IE again because of this issue, but now I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread because it is only full of posts of more people having the same issue and no information from Google on when they--or if they--are going to fix the issue. That's the only reason I stayed subscribed this long, and it's just not worth all the email notifications in my inbox that just remind me how incompetent even giant corporations can be.

I loved Google Chrome and got many other people to use it, but it is not usable in this state. I do still use it on my other computer where I have not updated Chrome to the newest version, and it works fine there. Too bad I can't use it on the computer I use 90% of the time.

Get your act together Google. You're not the only game in town.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. samleighton87 3/17/11 7:55 AM
My shockwave flash (Flash - Version: 10.2.154.25
Shockwave Flash 10.2 r154) in chrome 10.0.648.134 keeps crashing too on windows 7. If I start task manager there are multiple running versions of Chrome. If I end the one which is taking up the most memory, they all stop. Then when I open Chrome it restarts properly and then Flash works. It later crashes however, so this is not a permanent fix.
Very annoying.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. bribriinsf 3/17/11 10:13 AM
I am getting this all the time now.  Chrome is unusable now.  Oh well, back to firefox.
version 10.0.648.134
Win 7

Why on God's green earth did the fine folks at Google decide to use Adobe products in their browser?  The worst lapse in judgement I've ever seen from Google.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. dunksfb 3/17/11 11:01 AM
"I was having trouble and this finally worked for me:

Type "about:plugins" into the address bar.
At the top right corner is a plus-sign with the words "details" -- click that.
Find the flash plugin.
If there are two, disable the one with the location "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll"
Should be good to go.

The two seem to conflict with each other."

The above was posted by WISCO, and it has worked for me. Well done and thank you!!
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Ianm2008 3/17/11 11:40 AM
This worked for me;

In chrome;
1) go Spanner->Options-Under Bonnet->content settings...
2) in Pluginis section, select "disable individual plugins"
3) Click Details top right
4) Identify "Flash" file "locations" and filename  for all versions installed (mine had 2)

In explorer;
For each of the locations id'd above;
1) Navigate to location
2) rename the file id'd for this location to orig--{filename} or something

Quit Chrome
Run task manager and make sure it's gone

Then restart and your problem should be solved!

Happy surfing.....
IanM
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. gam_CR 3/18/11 12:14 PM
I read the answer from "ferrelldoc". I have Win. home 7 premium. My google shockwave flash began crashing too. Taking sound advice from "ferrelldoc, I could not find the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\". I did find there were 2 versions. I disabled
-----------------------------------------------------
Description:        Shockwave Flash 10.2 r154
Version:        10,2,154,18
Location:        C:\Users\[YOUR NAME HERE]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\10.0.648.133\gcswf32.dll
-------------------------------------------------------
I opened a site needing shockwave flash, the site said I needed a current version of shockwave, I clicked on the adobe download and installed it. I left the 10,2,154,18 version disabled and my shockwave flash works with the version downloaded (10,2,152,32);
"Name:        Shockwave Flash
Description:        Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
Version:        10,2,152,32
Now I have the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\" but it has "NPSWF32.dll" at the end so it reads;
"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll"

In a nut shell, I went from version "10,2,154,18" to version "10,2,152,32". This worked for me.

In conclusion,
 Do as Karen said but with a twist, like this;
1. In your Chrome browser navigate to Chrome://plugins.
2. Click the plus sign next to Details on the top right of the window to display more information.
*3. Where you your versions of Flash, Click the Disable link next to the version
4.Open a new Chrome window.
5. Navigate to a website with Flash content.
6. When you are told you need to update your shockwave flash and it gives you a download button, use it, download it.

Remember, you can always disable or enable your shockwave flashes.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. mymak 3/20/11 3:40 AM
How do I solve the same problem (Shockwave Player crashing) if I'm using the XP Media Centre edition? I'm only experiencing the problem while using Chrome. The other browsers seem to be able to run the same websites (e.g. skysports.com or msn.co.uk) perfectly fine!!
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. law2468 3/20/11 8:58 AM
Sorry to add yet another question rather than answer but I only downloaded chrome about 1 week ago and this is already becoming a serious problem. Flash crashes on every website I visit but only in chrome, I have never had this problem in IE8 (which I am now forced to use). The popular solution of deleting one version of flash won't work for me because I only have one file location listed in the plug-in details.
Could somebody at google please confirm if there is a solution or if it is something I'll have to live with?
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. hawgowar 3/26/11 1:06 AM
I tried the correction posted here by dunkfsb on 3/17/11 and it worked like a charm.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. peterpipe10 3/29/11 1:37 AM
Shame, I like Chrome but it doesn't work with shockwave flash. Chrome is only fast if shockwave flash doesn't keep crashing. I'm not prepared to mess about trying to fix it. Either it works or it doesn't. I found a solution that works for me. I changed my browser to firefox.
Re: Shockwave flash keeps crashing. Tomoya Kawasaki 3/30/11 3:12 PM
Thanks everyone for providing the workarounds that worked for you. 

We're discussing a similar problem at another thread specific targeting Flash crashes after Chrome 10. 

If the workaround doesn't work for you, please see the referenced thread below. 

TK
More topics »