|Remove beta and go to back to original||Rizor666||4/5/10 2:56 AM|
I am on the newest beta version of Google Chrome,but i want to go back to non beta.
I downloaded Google Chrome installer from "http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html"
I then quit Google Chrome And opened the Google Chrome downloader/installer
It downloaded and then installed,.
I then opened Google Chrome and checked what version i had,im still on the beta version..
Is there a way i can fix this?
Operating System:Windows 7 Enterprise (x32)
|Re: Remove beta and go to back to original||Tanmay The Prince||4/5/10 3:16 AM|
Uninstall the beta version and install the non-beta version
|Re: Remove beta and go to back to original||Rizor666||4/5/10 3:17 AM|
Yeah,I got it fixed...
|Re: Remove beta and go to back to original||Michael-Bl||5/26/10 3:42 AM|
That does not work. After I remove chrome, and use another browser to download chrome, no matter whether or not I follow the "Try the latest beta" link, what gets downloaded and installed is version 5.0.375.55
I just want the _ [ ] and X buttons in the upper right corner to respond to clicks again!!
|Re: Remove beta and go to back to original||Jeff C.||5/26/10 5:13 PM|
@MichaelB, version 5.0.375.55 *is* the latest stable version of Chrome.
The version numbers of beta and stable sometimes match up.
|Re: Remove beta and go to back to original||Michael-Bl||5/27/10 1:05 AM|
Thanks for this info. Apparently the problem isn't of beta .vs. non-beta origin.
Sometime in the last several weeks, the three upper right corner clickables (_ for minimize, [ ] (that's "square") for restore and X for close) in the chrome window stopped responding to being clicked (although it still works to obtain those functions by right clicking the title bar).
At the same time, tabs began hiding past the right edge of the window when there are enough of them (obviously, the first tab to do this is the "+" tab), so one must use an alternative such as CTRL-T.
After learning that beta status is not a factor, I tried some experiments.
I have always set Windows' idea of DPI to 133 to match my notebook screen's reality (I need what applications think is one inch to actually occupy exactly an inch on the screen) instead of letting windows assume a default like 96 dpi.
I tried setting the dpi value to the Windows supplied alternative of 120, but the problem persisted. I then tried setting the dpi to 96, and the problem went away.
When I went back to 133 dpi, the problem came back.
I then tried enabling the clickbox next to the string "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling". This made the problem go away even at 133dpi. So at least I now have a workaround.
But something should really be done to fix this, since others might not be able or inclined to figure out that it might have something to do with DPI. Not to mention that the idea that chrome might be dependent upon an XP specific algorithm for dpi scaling on Vista systems is really not all that intuitive.