Categories: Announcements :

Issues with merging the local business/place page in Google+ and the local Google+ page (with reviews)?

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Issues with merging the local business/place page in Google+ and the local Google+ page (with reviews)? Jade W. 11/28/12 8:27 AM
Updated on March 29.

Wondering whether you should attempt the merge/verification? Read this post first. There are also best practices and FAQ on the original announcement post.
  • Help! My social local Google+ page (that I made in the local business/place category) has been verified but doesn't seem to have merged with the correct reviews.
    • Submit these pages to be merged as duplicates here, selecting, "There is a duplicate listing that I would like to have removed."
  • The social local Google+ page I made is stuck in verification and still says "In progress" after over a week.
    • Try to request a new PIN if possible.
    • If not, you can delete the page and make a new one.
  • The PIN I received isn't working.
    • Make sure your business location is findable on Google Maps. Go into http://maps.google.com and type in the exact text you have as your address on the page. Make sure Maps can find your location without needing to go through any "Did you mean...?" links.
    • Make sure no information on the page is set to "Private."
    • Don't change any info on your page in between requesting the PIN and entering the PIN.
    • Request a new PIN if possible.
    • If you can't request a new PIN, contact support via the Google+ verification troubleshooter or delete the page and make a new one.
  • I'm getting a 500 error when I try to manage the verified/merged page.
  • I'm getting a 500 error when trying to verify the page.
    • Report to me on this thread
    • Team's aware and working on a fix.
    • If you don't want to wait, delete the page and make a new one.
  • My PIN postcard arrived blank!
    • Seeing a handful of reports of blank PIN postcards. We are investigating.
    • In the meantime, contact support via the Google+ verification troubleshooter to be manually verified by us. Might take a week or so for us to get back to you.