|Cannot Access account||whirley21||5/4/12 8:57 AM|
I just changed my phone from a Blackberry 9700 to a 9790 and when i try to access my Gmail account I am told either the address or password are incorrect. They are not. I have asked my service provider to try and resolve this but they cannot access the account either. In an attempt to resolve things I changed my password and checked my account by logging in again via the web interface and all was well.
I still cannot connect to my account with the new phone but worse still I cannot now access my account from outlook on my laptop. It will not connect to the account. I can still access the account via the web with the same account name and the new password.
Why can I not now access my account with either my new phone or my outlook installation.
|Re: Cannot Access account||The C Man ((mobile laureate)elder advisor)||5/7/12 4:12 AM|
Sounds like you are using two step verification but .............
If you have decided to use Two Step then you need to get a specific validation code for your phone and this will repeat every thirty days. You then need to enter the new verification code and then do a second attempt using the normal password should the phone not remember this. If not:
try the Captcha page https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha from
the phone's Browser
Occasionally, because of a font setting the first letter of a password gets capitalised so you could try typing the first letter twice and deleting the first of these.
A new possibility is that you now need an eight letter/digit password and seven letter/digit passwords are not being recognised.
If not then try:
In your pc try going to the bottom of your Inbox page and Last Account Activity - Close all other Activities and then sign out of Gmail including the iGoogle page.
If you have a removable battery pull this and give it as much time as you can spare before putting it back in and allowing the reboot. Try signing in now retyping in your full address including the correct Gmail/Googlemail. com and the password making sure it is exactly correct. Might take a couple tries but it should get there as this works for most applications.
One further problem could be if your keyboard is set to the wrong language which needs to be the same as when you originally created the account. This can be caused through an OS update.