My phone was plugged into the computer with the USB cable so I could copy some photos to the PC. So it was charging and at about 35% battery when I plugged it in.
After a while, I looked at the phone and it was off. It would not start -- as though battery was totally drained. (Still plugged in via USB)
I plugged it in via the wall adapter and tried to power on. The four buttons at the bottom lit up and stayed lit. Nothing else happened.
Pulled battery and SIM card, plugged in again, got the charging symbol (indicating mostly charged), tried to power on. Get the google logo, it flickers once or twice and then the four buttons light up, and everything freezes there -- pulling battery and SIM to restart gets same results, no matter how many times I repeat it.