Thank you very much for your reply. First of all I in no way intended to even indicate any doubt of your capabilities and remembrance of the history of Keyhole and GEC. I'm just a newbie with a few years back history in here and do deeply appreciate the vibrant, passionate and high quality Google Earth exploration in the Google Earth Community.
6. Sigs out, no problem. We'll adopt to new layouts. 5. GEC Sub-domain. no. okay. np. Still believe it could be a nice easy entrance to the forum and world of placemarks and information. 4. Files at top. I rest my case. I loved the old file at top. This will not happen in new setup. Completely fair. Just could'nt help pulling it back in, sorry :-) 3. Collapsing/Expanding. Not a big deal, and when I get use to it, I may get use to it :-) 2. All images always displayed by default, Thanks, I really look forward to this. 1. Time update/post display as 12:34 - Time is on our side :-). I may get use to this 'sometime ago' way of time display - Thinking it over, I realize that sites like facebook also displays in this style. I have to catch up with this :-D
Den mandag den 12. marts 2012 17.27.41 UTC+1 skrev Lrae:
Welcome back... I will start at the bottom and work upwards.
6. Signatures are not implemented in the new GEC. When old posts were migrated, all signatures were converted to normal text as part of the post.
5. Bookmarks make it only a click away, no mater the length of the URL.
4. Sorry, see item 6. And I do remember a bit about the history of the old GEC, I joined in 2003 (member #498).
3. Some of the new GEC is built on the shoulders of Google Groups. Collapsing/Expanding is one of those. We have a few items in the UI list, we are asking to be changed, but the wheels grind slowly.
2. If you click on 'Always display' then reload the page, it will always display images in that forum. It is a forum by forum setting. I will add a request to add a global 'Always...' for the entire GEC.
1. Not sure why the exact time is important... when sorting in 'Flat' mode, replies are sorted by time. Why would knowing one was sent at 12:34 and one at 15:30 be important?