Google Chrome for Mac - Update server not available
Jun 10, 2011 2:05 PM
Posted in group:
Google Chrome Forum
Report an Issue and Get Troubleshooting Help
We've heard some of you have been experiencing issues updating Google Chrome on Mac. If you're experiencing an error related to 'Update server not available', please follow the below workarounds. Note that if you're uncomfortable using Terminal to run commands, you may want to consult a computer technician before you start.
1. In the Finder top menu, select Go > Go to Folder...
2. Go to the folder: ~/Library/Caches and delete the following files:
3. Try to update Google Chrome again.
If the problem persists, follow these instructions:
1. Quit Google Chrome and any other Google applications.
2. Navigate to Applications > Utilities and double click on Terminal.
3. Run the following commands from the terminal. Each of these commands should be entered as a single line. Be careful to enter these commands exactly as written.